pixeltracker

Jeremy Jordan in concert at Steppenwolf Chicago yesterday.

Jeremy Jordan in concert at Steppenwolf Chicago yesterday.

markypoo Profile Photo
markypoo
#1Jeremy Jordan in concert at Steppenwolf Chicago yesterday.
Posted: 1/14/24 at 9:34am

I had never seen him perform onstage until this.

He did a 90 minute show in which he included a song from the recent Gatsby musical.

He also performed a number from Little Shop; for which a volunteer was chosen from the audience to act as Audrey.  Somewhere during he jokingly mentioned that in time, he'd be playing Mr. Mushnik.

Another highlight was a roughly 10 minute capsule version of Newsies; in which he acted and sang all the roles!

Towards the end of the show, he treated us to a terrific rendering of Sante Fe.

The show was pretty much sold out.

My personal take: He comes off as a tad full of himself; but that could be simply part of his charm.

There was a meet and greet following; but only for VIP ticket holders; of which I was not one.

I am now a fan; nevertheless.

Papi2013
#2Jeremy Jordan in concert at Steppenwolf Chicago yesterday.
Posted: 1/14/24 at 8:59pm

He does come off full of himself .But it’s the ( in my opinion)  poorly constructed banter. He is a charming man .The act needs tweaking and a layer of sincerity. 

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#3Jeremy Jordan in concert at Steppenwolf Chicago yesterday.
Posted: 1/14/24 at 9:21pm

I’ve weirdly thought about this more than once. I do think he knows he’s super talented and is confident in that, but I also think he’s a bit of a loner, so he doesn’t really understand how he comes off. He seems to get along with colleagues but doesn’t have lasting relationships with them. It’s a combination of ego which, let’s get real, most performers have, and awkward insecurity in social situations.

Updated On: 1/15/24 at 09:21 PM