News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DramaTeach

DramaTeach Profile Photo
Member Name: DramaTeach
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Jun 21 2024, 10:56:08 PM

Resisted this one until I saw the Tony performance. Here are my thoughts:

1) Paul Alexander Nolan is just great. He elevates all material he’s given. 

2) Some good songs, some very blah songs (what’s with the “group” of songwriters?!)

3) While the acrobatic stuff was fun, there was too much and it was pandering. There were times when it didn’t make sense, and the acting should be enough.

4) As previously mentioned, PAN is great an

Jonathan Bailey in Richard II, London 2025
 Jun 21 2024, 05:54:23 AM

New York, please, Mr. Bailey.

Tony Award Viewership Decline Over the Years
 Jun 18 2024, 11:29:21 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "DramaTeach said: "Much of what you’re all saying is true - TV viewership is down in general, but there are things that can be done to promote the show that were not.

1) I saw no advertisements (TV, billboards, etc.) to promote this. Nobody in my circle knew it was happening.Of course there was advertising and press coverage leading up to it. Just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist :)&nb

Tony Award Viewership Decline Over the Years
 Jun 18 2024, 10:43:05 AM

Much of what you’re all saying is true - TV viewership is down in general, but there are things that can be done to promote the show that were not. 

1) I saw no advertisements (TV, billboards, etc.) to promote this. Nobody in my circle knew it was happening.

2) Announce presenters/performers earlier. That way, all of those people can promote the awards on their socials to get people excited.

3) Include a mix of modern, young talent and the legends. Invite Berna

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Jun 17 2024, 10:06:59 PM

lilpunkin said: "There’s absolutely zero chance they’d ask NPH."

Why not? Elton and Neil seem to be friendly and their families have vacationed together.

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Jun 17 2024, 03:48:07 PM

Broadway Flash said: "There’s also Neil Patrick Harris who could do it. He’d sell tickets"

He actually seems like the best choice. Gavin would be good too, but NPH feels more like the role to me.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 11:26:05 PM

I’m so confused. There was a pre-tape a couple of days ago with two supposedly huge broadway stars. What happened to that? Did they mean Rannells and Gad? Was their shtick pre-recorded?

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 09:38:25 PM

Bette's Turban said: "That woman pulling her dressdown in the audience"

That’s exactly how I felt at Stereophonic 🤣

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 08:09:14 PM

Truly bad opening song. And her “heartfelt” delivery of the opening monologue is so false. I don’t ever understand her hype, and how she won an Oscar is completely beyond me.

What’s Next for the Palace Theatre?
 Jun 16 2024, 11:26:41 AM

Having now been back to the Palace, its renovation is very beautiful. Seats were spacious and comfy with a beautiful blue hue surrounding.

sat front row center of the mezzanine, and it was an incredible view, but its incredible view was partially because there’s no real bar high enough to block any action. That’s a good thing for the sake of the view, but it’s also a little nerve-wracking and kind of seems like an accident waiting to happen (although I pray I’m

Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
 Jun 16 2024, 10:45:01 AM

Social media doesn’t seem as excited as producers might’ve hoped, but I’m sure it’ll sell well for a short run.

BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
 Jun 15 2024, 08:29:49 PM

The 5:00 show had Michaela Diamond and Shoshana Bean. Diamond flew in from LA for it and sang beautifully with him, while Shoshana just had a short stroll down the block between shows at Hell’s Kitchen, but oof, that was the lady who should’ve reopened the Palace! Her pipes!

That being said, Platt really did put on a beautiful show. It had a lot of heart, interaction with the audience and, of course, a lot of beautiful vocals too. He seems very happy in this phase of life a

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 14 2024, 04:40:12 PM

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "PegasusOasis said: "2 “A-list performers” are tapinga Tonys number tomorrow, any ideas who? https://shadowcasting.com/calendar/details.aspx?showID=693"

Could this be Gutenberg-related? I have heard rumblings of a tour with two big names involved....
"

Did anyone get chosen for this? Did we find out who it is?

Borle, Sykes, and Rodriguez will lead Kennedy Center's BYE BYE BIRDIE
 Jun 14 2024, 11:16:34 AM

I agree. I like a lot of people in the cast individually, and I love Birdie, but I feel like it's one of those shows that either needs to be embraced as full 50s cartoonish fun or modernized and hip with clear connections to the present. This seems like neither, and those pictures make it look very cheap. I mean, Krysta's wig?! No.

Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 8 2024, 07:20:38 AM

CoffeeBreak said: "If Illinoise were to do Man Of Steel (hope it's Chicago) having Robbie Fairchild dance the number would be amazing. He was far superior at the Armory, the biggest missing link to that company intransfer. Thoselines, ease &emotion are missingat the St. James."

I don’t think they would ever do that. The one currently playing the role originated it and dances beautifully.

Darren Criss and Helen J Shen Will Lead MAYBE HAPPY ENDING on Broadway
 Jun 7 2024, 05:12:08 AM

HenryTDobson said: "Not a great video, not a great song. Genuinely asking - is Darren Criss still a draw for audiences at this point?"

I asked this question when he joined Little Shop and was chastised for questioning that about an Emmy-award winning actor, so I guess there’s at least one on here who’s still a fan. 

Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 6 2024, 02:07:18 PM

I've said it before, but Man of Steel is still my choice for Illinoise. People will love the "cape" moment, it has a positive message, and it's a connection to something they already know. I think Outsiders will do Great Expectations, Merrily will do Old Friends, Cabaret will do Wilkommen, and Hell's Kitchen will do a medley of Kaleidoscope and Fallin' (which many of us agree has a terrible arrangement). 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
 Jun 4 2024, 04:54:38 PM

flord10 said: "DramaTeach said: "itsjustmejonhotmailcom said: "nasty_khakis said: "Some producer recently told me that a lot (not all) of shows are done on broadway knowing they're probably going to fail or struggle but they know they'll make a fortune in both regional and amateur licensing. Heart of Rock and Roll is a fun choice for high schools because of the bigger ensemble, dance numbers, easy paint by numbers love story, etc. Not saying that&#3

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/24
 Jun 4 2024, 04:13:48 PM

itsjustmejonhotmailcom said: "nasty_khakis said: "Some producer recently told me that a lot (not all) of shows are done on broadway knowing they're probably going to fail or struggle but they know they'll make a fortune in both regional and amateur licensing. Heart of Rock and Roll is a fun choice for high schools because of the bigger ensemble, dance numbers, easy paint by numbers love story, etc. Not saying that's what these specific producers are thinking/doin

THE OUTSIDERS Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 Jun 4 2024, 06:26:27 AM

Brody Grant sounded great on Fallon last night. After the song was over, he turned into a little frat-boy bouncing to the music playing behind him, shaking hands with Jimmy and yelling “come thru!” He’s a kid, and it was a funny reminder of that.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You