News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DramaTeach

DramaTeach Profile Photo
Member Name: DramaTeach
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Denzel Washington to return to Broadway in OTHELLO?
 Jul 24 2024, 01:01:35 PM

They clearly already have names in the cast. It’s nice that they’re giving someone new a big opportunity.

Ragtime at City Center
 Jul 24 2024, 12:35:08 PM

Taub posted on Instagram that Ragtime is her favorite show, so she’s taking a break to do it and then will be back in Suffs after.

Ragtime at City Center
 Jul 24 2024, 12:07:59 PM

So looking forward to this one, and happy with all of those additional names.

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS
 Jul 23 2024, 10:54:39 PM

Or anything for Death Becomes Her?

Jul 23 2024, 09:25:47 AM

Looks super dark and freaky, but also looks excellent. Super impressed by what I see from Gaga.

ONCE UPON A MATTRESS Previews
 Jul 23 2024, 05:49:58 AM

Liked this at City Center, but definitely wouldn’t say I loved it. Hopefully now that there’s no Sweeney, Sutton will be a full voice for Shy. 

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS
 Jul 20 2024, 08:59:40 PM

Anyone have anything for Cursed Child?

OH, MARY! Reviews
 Jul 18 2024, 11:11:25 PM

If someone asked me to describe this show, I wouldn’t even know what to say. It was weird and random and inappropriate and chaotic, but all of those thing are what make it so good. Laughed for an hour and a half, and I’m a BIG FAN of the 5pm start time!

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Jul 18 2024, 01:16:32 PM

Is she doing Tuesday shows? It says she starts on a Tuesday and will do one show a week, but is it consistently Tuesdays?

Kit Connor, Rachel Zegler to star in Sam Gold-directed ROMEO + JULIET
 Jul 18 2024, 12:18:23 PM

Yes, I’d guess those are the two biggest groups of tickets buyers, and Kit Connor does seem to be a big draw. He has movies coming out and another season of Heartstopper, so he’s a star on the rise. Zegler seems to be a name too, but she comes with a little more controversy (although nothing actually scandalous).

THE OUTSIDERS Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 Jul 18 2024, 11:32:01 AM

Brody Grant and who else?

Kit Connor, Rachel Zegler to star in Sam Gold-directed ROMEO + JULIET
 Jul 18 2024, 10:51:37 AM

They just sent an email about the $99 tickets. Seems like it’s sold well up until that point, so maybe they’re hoping the rest can be Christmas gifts for those Zegler/Connor fangirls. 

Laurie Beechman Theatre & West Bank Cafe to close
 Jul 17 2024, 03:39:29 PM

They also didn’t have any big “name” events lately that would bring in a lot of money or a lot of attention. Other venues have stolen its thunder. It’s definitely sad that it’s closing, but I’m not shocked.

THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES musical will have pre-Bway tryout this summer in Boston
 Jul 17 2024, 05:03:56 AM

I actually love that it was 3 1/2. This is an old-school out of town tryout. They’re throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks before they make big changes. Seems like nowadays nobody wants to part with their material, so I like that Schwartz and co. aren’t precious and are willing to make those necessary changes. I wish them lots of luck!

Is Broadway quieter during the Jewish holidays?
 Jul 11 2024, 08:43:49 AM

A few things to consider here:

1) Yes, Jewish people love theater and often attend shows.

2) Other people love shows too, so perhaps there will be less Jewish people in the audience on those days, shows can typically go on without them.

3) Less people are religious today. People still celebrate holidays with family, but synagogues are less full. So, again, there will be less Jewish people at shows on those days but still some.

4) Unless you have a cast member who i

George Clooney is coming to Broadway.
 Jul 10 2024, 11:16:08 PM

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Are we still going to play the “celebrities can’t make political statements” game. You can disagree but it’s a tired trope to tell celebrities and athletes to stick to acting or sports just when it’s convenient."

I never said he can’t have an opinion. He’s entitled to, of course. I’m not angry at him or anything, but my reaction to his opinion and how I respond to it with where I spend my m

George Clooney is coming to Broadway.
 Jul 10 2024, 10:44:50 PM

It honestly just feels like Clooney and his wife are mad about the Israel-Gaza situation, and this is his petty way of getting Biden out. His opinion doesn’t mean much to me, but all of this would make me think twice about supporting his show.

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jul 10 2024, 10:40:03 PM

I felt like “Sydney James Harcourt is a Grammy®-winning multidisciplinary artist” was a lot since it makes it seem like he won a Grammy on his own, but I guess the guy should be proud of himself and be his own cheerleader. He was great in the show.

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jul 10 2024, 05:53:42 PM

Had a smile on my face this entire time. The audience is a lot, applauding and hollering for every little thing because they’re encouraged by the cast, but the cast works their behinds off and deserve that enthusiasm. Sydney Harcourt was gorgeous (but his bio made me think he’s his own biggest fan), Shireen Pimentel’s voice is beautiful (I like it more here than as Maria in WSS), Andre DeShields and Gus (I forget his name) gave this some weight and heart, and Mister Mistoffe

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA musical headed to the UK and West End in 2024
 Jul 9 2024, 08:41:28 AM

Williams was just on Good Morning America talking about the show. She said that dialogue is used directly from the movie and that it’s a perfect movie. I honestly feel like both of those things aren’t great to say. People will go in thinking there’s nothing new and it’s a replica of something that’s already perfect, so why bother? Small Clip of the Interview

At the end, they said it starts this weekend in Plymouth before the West End and then hopefully Broadway.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You