Cyndi Lauper & Kinky Boots

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#1Cyndi Lauper & Kinky Boots
Posted: 6/6/24 at 12:39pm

Found this interesting and wanted to share......  Watched an interview with Cyndi on Entertainment Tonight about her new documentary on Paramount + (which I HIGHLY recommend you all should check out......).  The reporter mentioned that she's only an Oscar away from an EGOT, and Cyndi replied that they're making a film version of the musical Kinky Boots, that she's currently writing new music for, "so ya never know".

Certainly not an offical announcement, but I hope it happens quickly, and ONLY with Billy Porter as Lola (who could also get EGOT status with a win for this project.....)

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup
Updated On: 6/6/24 at 12:39 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#2Cyndi Lauper & Kinky Boots
Posted: 6/6/24 at 12:47pm

I'll believe it when it happens. Just like the SPAMALOT film, and the DROWSY film, and the SUNSET film, and the BEAUTIFUL film, and the NEXT TO NORMAL film.

If Harvey keeps digging his heels in about Lola being a heterosexual drag queen (as he did in his memoir and when the show opened and felt Wayne Brady got the character "right") then perhaps we shouldn't expect Porter...not that a writer is usually going to have a final say in film casting.

Videos