News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for The8re phan

The8re phan Profile Photo
Member Name: The8re phan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Gatsby or Merrily?  May 10 2024, 04:19:12 PM

220Basswood said: "Thanks everyone. I will log on and get tickets now. Having seen Bebe in various shows, I am sure she will win instead of Lindsay even though I haven't seen the current version of Cabaret. I was going to get tickets to Cabaret because I really liked the show whenAlan Cumming was in it but the promos for the current version changed my mind. Thanks again."

To echo everyone else, Merrily is most definitely THE show to see.  To quote the NT rev

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  May 9 2024, 06:34:04 PM

Over-hyped and way over-priced.........

The pre-show at Moulin Rouge, and the atmospheric 'club' environment at Here Lies Love were done significantly better.   I was simply left feeling  "been there, done that, and it was far better back then."

Still a good show, it is Cabaret after all, but it totally lacked the impact and the bite of the Sam Mendes production.  This version added nothing to the piece for me, and just left me disap

2024 Pulitzer Prize Predictions  May 6 2024, 11:46:39 AM

Oh, Mary!

Spring Trip Suggestions  May 4 2024, 08:51:28 PM

SFFrontRow said: "yyys said: "Oh Mary if you are planning end of June.

Hadestown has a great cast right now, too.
"

Great suggestions so far - I miss Oh.Mary between its off to on Broadway move. I can only hope it lasts to my Feb 2025 trip.
"

Sell your neighbor's outdoor furniture on eBay to finance an additional trip in late June/early July just to see "Oh, Mary!".  You'll be very glad you did

Next Sondheim?  May 3 2024, 08:12:34 PM

Jesse St. James said: "Sweaty Oracle is saying Anyone Can Whistle is about to be announced with Rachel Bay Jones, Nathan Lane, and Phillipa Soo. John Weidman doing book revisions. Jonathan Tunick Orchestrating. And apparently it’s going to broadway?

https://www.tiktok.com/@sweatyoracle/video/7364921703283133738?lang=en
"

How is Jinkx Monsoon as Audrey.  May 3 2024, 01:40:46 PM

TaffyDavenport said: " https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JesXJoG4oyU&t=6s "

she wore that same black feathered headdress to see Patti LuPone at Carnegie Hall, and i felt so sorry for the person sitting behind her.  Luckily it wasn't me :) 

LEMPICKA closing May 19  May 3 2024, 06:19:56 AM

Dolly80 said: "Sorry if I’ve missed this somewhere- but is there a cast recording in the works?"

yes, it's just been recordied and will be released in early July

https://playbill.com/article/lempicka-will-release-an-original-broadway-cast-recording

2024-2025 Broadway Season  May 2 2024, 12:26:14 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "The new comedy Oh, Mary!will transfer to the Lyceum Theatre; previews begin June 26, opening night is July 11, and it will run through September 15."

i'm hoping this will be extended at least through early November......... I want tickets for Election Day evening!   :)

Insert name of show : posting closing notices  Apr 30 2024, 01:40:02 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "Matt Gould just confirmed tome that Lempicka is closing early May."

'early May' starts tomorrow............... 

Your Single Favorite 2024 Tony Nomination  Apr 30 2024, 12:03:58 PM

David Byrne & Fatboy Slim for best score

Insert name of show : posting closing notices  Apr 30 2024, 11:52:13 AM

To be honest, i wouldn't be at all surprised if HOR&R and Lempicka announce thier closings shortly after this afternoon's weekly grosses are published

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!  Apr 30 2024, 09:28:49 AM

happy that Here Lies Love wasn't completely forgotten, but overlooking Conrad Ricamora in favor of Roger Bart in BTTF????!!!?  Hopefully, he'll be nominated next year for "Oh, Mary!"

farewell Kimmy!  Apr 28 2024, 01:06:40 PM

FLarnhill said: "We just had two in a row Best Musical winners (ASL, Kimmy) close. Keep telling me how the Tonys (or awards in general) are still meaningful? Especially when Wicked's now old enough to drink."

not really a fair comparison -- ASL announced it's closing shortly after winning the Tony, while KA ran nearly a full year after winning (and most likely wouldn't have lasted that long had it NOT won best musical, no matter how much I loved

farewell Kimmy!  Apr 28 2024, 11:13:11 AM

Thank you cast and crew of Kimberly Akimbo for the 4 of the most profound evenings i've spent in a theater.

Break legs on your Great Adventure! 

What’s Your Favorite Song From the 23-24 Season  Apr 26 2024, 06:36:41 PM

Rachel Bay Jones singing "What a perfect day..." in the opening song of Here We Are

THE GREAT GATSBY Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread  Apr 24 2024, 03:33:26 PM

count me in as one that really enjoyed this too --- the music is very catchy, including the new & much improved "New Money", and am looking forward to this recording.

I'm actually suprised that no has really mentioned the choregraphy. VERY "Fosse", and some of the best moves on Broadway this season

2024 Drama League Award nominations announced  Apr 22 2024, 10:52:42 AM

"IMPORTANT NOTES The production of Here We Are was not considered for eligibility this season, at the production’s request."

I wonder what the reason is......??!!?

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall  Apr 19 2024, 03:07:24 PM

Now I can't unsee Rachel Bay Jones as Sally, and pray for a full-flegged revival with her 

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 19 2024, 02:58:02 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "Stumbled upon Mariand’s “Woman Is” and part of her “I Will Paint Her” last night… WOW!"

How does one stumble upon these things... were they just laying on the sidewalk somewhere on W48th street? 

Do tell......

Bernadette Peters & Lea Salonga to Lead OLD FRIENDS On Broadway  Apr 19 2024, 08:25:10 AM

Jay Lerner-Z said: "I just wonder if a Cameron Mackintosh connection is more important than a Sondheim connection."

Bingo!
RuPual's Drag Race bags 12 Emmy Nominations. - The Rustin Times

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You