News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for The8re phan

The8re phan Profile Photo
Member Name: The8re phan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jul 25 2024, 11:53:58 AM

Huss417 said: "Not sure how "waning" it is as quite a few of the final shows are already sold out."

HUGE fan of this production, and hope it does extend or transfer, but i believe that any remaining inventory was immediately put on hold so they can exchange anyone who's show was cancelled over the weekend.  I assume that there will be a few tickets here and there released for public sale once they finish any of these exchanges.....

Biggest disappointments from established teams?
 Jul 15 2024, 02:23:36 PM

The Pirate Queen

OH, MARY! Reviews
 Jul 11 2024, 09:18:05 PM

Queue the extension notice in 5,4,3,2.......

Broadway Rumors/Whispers
 Jul 10 2024, 08:43:15 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "I recall hearing that Lea dropped out of CHESS in favor of a new musical, but now the baby might be putting everything on hold."

This would actually make me happy, as i'd much prefer Lena Hall over Lea in the role

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Jun 30 2024, 07:52:11 PM

One week left....... :(

OH, MARY! Previews
 Jun 29 2024, 02:43:10 PM

posted on the buy/sell board, but if anyone is looking for a prime single seat (mezz center, row A) for Monday 7/8, DM me if interested.  only looking for what i paid during presale, $197.

BOOP! The Betty Boop Musical - Pre-Broadway Chi
 Jun 27 2024, 09:44:14 AM

The Schoenfeld, perhaps?

OH, MARY! Previews
 Jun 25 2024, 08:35:11 AM

seeing this gem in the next few days, and also praying for an extention.

Jun 23 2024, 12:28:26 PM

......and the final performance is now 2 WEEKS FROM TODAY.

Bought my ticket months ago. Sixth and final time with this BRILLIANT production.   If it made me tear up to realize that this morning, don't know how i'll make it thru the actual show

LEMPICKA to release original Broadway cast recording in May
 Jun 12 2024, 08:22:29 PM

DearOldShiz said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Digital and physical releases delayed once again, to June 18 and August 2 respectively."

It looks like the physical release was pushed once again (at least on Amazon) out another week to August 9.

"

Sounds like someone pulled a 'Jan Brady' 

Oh, Mary - Broadway transfer
 Jun 12 2024, 07:56:16 PM

The Village sensation begins performances on Broadway two weeks from tonight........ how long until it's extended?

Jun 8 2024, 04:12:44 PM

MezzA101 said: "'Merrily We Roll Along' made them old friends. Now, the cast is 'dreading' saying goodbye.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2024/06/07/merrily-we-roll-along-broadway-cast/73958008007/

Glad I got tickets for the final curtain before the obscene jacking up of prices.

"

Same here........ bought my ticket months ago the minute they announced that July 7th was the last show, thou i can't believe it's already 4 weeks from tomorrow

Cyndi Lauper & Kinky Boots
 Jun 6 2024, 12:39:59 PM

Found this interesting and wanted to share......  Watched an interview with Cyndi on Entertainment Tonight about her new documentary on Paramount + (which I HIGHLY recommend you all should check out......).  The reporter mentioned that she's only an Oscar away from an EGOT, and Cyndi replied that they're making a film version of the musical Kinky Boots, that she's currently writing new music for, "so ya never know".

Certainly not an offical

Bernadette @ Carnegie Hall - can anyone see how well sold?
 May 18 2024, 09:46:08 AM

Obviously selling very well.  Got mine when the first subscription series went on sale, along with Jinx Monsoon and Pink Martini. Now that the new "Pick your Own 4" subscriptions are onsale, most of the front half of the floor seats are gone.  But...............

We can assume that there is some inventory being held back for single ticket presales and general public onsales.  Exactly how many and what locations is anyone's guess, but most venues do

HERE WE ARE heads to the recording studio
 May 16 2024, 07:47:23 PM

judging by a track length of 5 minutes and 24 seconds, I'm BEYOND GRATEFUL that most everyone's favorite scene (titled Interlude 3: Snow) appears to be preserved.  So perfect since it's the heart and soul of the piece <3 <3 <3 

Who Are You?
 May 15 2024, 07:17:02 PM

seriously thou, i'm a 40-something gay male theater operations professional........ try not to take anything too seriously, and if the COVID shutdown taught me anything, I try not to take anything for granted either.

Next Sondheim?
 May 15 2024, 02:58:27 PM

I'm beginning to think (read 'hope' ) that CSC simply 'put a pin' in the Anyone Can Whistle revisal until next season since Rachel Bay Jones will be reprising her TV role in the Young Sheldon spin-off

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 May 15 2024, 11:56:29 AM

Have had serious doubts about this movie for forever, but after this trailer, those doubts are melting away.  Looks phenominal, and I cannot wait to see this on the big screen

Gatsby or Merrily?
 May 10 2024, 04:19:12 PM

220Basswood said: "Thanks everyone. I will log on and get tickets now. Having seen Bebe in various shows, I am sure she will win instead of Lindsay even though I haven't seen the current version of Cabaret. I was going to get tickets to Cabaret because I really liked the show whenAlan Cumming was in it but the promos for the current version changed my mind. Thanks again."

To echo everyone else, Merrily is most definitely THE show to see.  To quote the NT rev

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 May 9 2024, 06:34:04 PM

Over-hyped and way over-priced.........

The pre-show at Moulin Rouge, and the atmospheric 'club' environment at Here Lies Love were done significantly better.   I was simply left feeling  "been there, done that, and it was far better back then."

Still a good show, it is Cabaret after all, but it totally lacked the impact and the bite of the Sam Mendes production.  This version added nothing to the piece for me, and just left me disap

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You