News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for The8re phan

The8re phan Profile Photo
Member Name: The8re phan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Bernadette @ Carnegie Hall - can anyone see how well sold?
 May 18 2024, 09:46:08 AM

Obviously selling very well.  Got mine when the first subscription series went on sale, along with Jinx Monsoon and Pink Martini. Now that the new "Pick your Own 4" subscriptions are onsale, most of the front half of the floor seats are gone.  But...............

We can assume that there is some inventory being held back for single ticket presales and general public onsales.  Exactly how many and what locations is anyone's guess, but most venues do

HERE WE ARE heads to the recording studio
 May 16 2024, 07:47:23 PM

judging by a track length of 5 minutes and 24 seconds, I'm BEYOND GRATEFUL that most everyone's favorite scene (titled Interlude 3: Snow) appears to be preserved.  So perfect since it's the heart and soul of the piece <3 <3 <3 

Who Are You?
 May 15 2024, 07:17:02 PM

seriously thou, i'm a 40-something gay male theater operations professional........ try not to take anything too seriously, and if the COVID shutdown taught me anything, I try not to take anything for granted either.

Next Sondheim?
 May 15 2024, 02:58:27 PM

I'm beginning to think (read 'hope' ) that CSC simply 'put a pin' in the Anyone Can Whistle revisal until next season since Rachel Bay Jones will be reprising her TV role in the Young Sheldon spin-off

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 May 15 2024, 11:56:29 AM

Have had serious doubts about this movie for forever, but after this trailer, those doubts are melting away.  Looks phenominal, and I cannot wait to see this on the big screen

Gatsby or Merrily?
 May 10 2024, 04:19:12 PM

220Basswood said: "Thanks everyone. I will log on and get tickets now. Having seen Bebe in various shows, I am sure she will win instead of Lindsay even though I haven't seen the current version of Cabaret. I was going to get tickets to Cabaret because I really liked the show whenAlan Cumming was in it but the promos for the current version changed my mind. Thanks again."

To echo everyone else, Merrily is most definitely THE show to see.  To quote the NT rev

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 May 9 2024, 06:34:04 PM

Over-hyped and way over-priced.........

The pre-show at Moulin Rouge, and the atmospheric 'club' environment at Here Lies Love were done significantly better.   I was simply left feeling  "been there, done that, and it was far better back then."

Still a good show, it is Cabaret after all, but it totally lacked the impact and the bite of the Sam Mendes production.  This version added nothing to the piece for me, and just left me disap

2024 Pulitzer Prize Predictions
 May 6 2024, 11:46:39 AM

Oh, Mary!

Spring Trip Suggestions
 May 4 2024, 08:51:28 PM

SFFrontRow said: "yyys said: "Oh Mary if you are planning end of June.

Hadestown has a great cast right now, too.
"

Great suggestions so far - I miss Oh.Mary between its off to on Broadway move. I can only hope it lasts to my Feb 2025 trip.
"

Sell your neighbor's outdoor furniture on eBay to finance an additional trip in late June/early July just to see "Oh, Mary!".  You'll be very glad you did

Next Sondheim?
 May 3 2024, 08:12:34 PM

Jesse St. James said: "Sweaty Oracle is saying Anyone Can Whistle is about to be announced with Rachel Bay Jones, Nathan Lane, and Phillipa Soo. John Weidman doing book revisions. Jonathan Tunick Orchestrating. And apparently it’s going to broadway?

https://www.tiktok.com/@sweatyoracle/video/7364921703283133738?lang=en
"

How is Jinkx Monsoon as Audrey.
 May 3 2024, 01:40:46 PM

TaffyDavenport said: " https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JesXJoG4oyU&t=6s "

she wore that same black feathered headdress to see Patti LuPone at Carnegie Hall, and i felt so sorry for the person sitting behind her.  Luckily it wasn't me :) 

LEMPICKA closing May 19
 May 3 2024, 06:19:56 AM

Dolly80 said: "Sorry if I’ve missed this somewhere- but is there a cast recording in the works?"

yes, it's just been recordied and will be released in early July

https://playbill.com/article/lempicka-will-release-an-original-broadway-cast-recording

2024-2025 Broadway Season
 May 2 2024, 12:26:14 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "The new comedy Oh, Mary!will transfer to the Lyceum Theatre; previews begin June 26, opening night is July 11, and it will run through September 15."

i'm hoping this will be extended at least through early November......... I want tickets for Election Day evening!   :)

Insert name of show : posting closing notices
 Apr 30 2024, 01:40:02 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "Matt Gould just confirmed tome that Lempicka is closing early May."

'early May' starts tomorrow............... 

Your Single Favorite 2024 Tony Nomination
 Apr 30 2024, 12:03:58 PM

David Byrne & Fatboy Slim for best score

Insert name of show : posting closing notices
 Apr 30 2024, 11:52:13 AM

To be honest, i wouldn't be at all surprised if HOR&R and Lempicka announce thier closings shortly after this afternoon's weekly grosses are published

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
 Apr 30 2024, 09:28:49 AM

happy that Here Lies Love wasn't completely forgotten, but overlooking Conrad Ricamora in favor of Roger Bart in BTTF????!!!?  Hopefully, he'll be nominated next year for "Oh, Mary!"

farewell Kimmy!
 Apr 28 2024, 01:06:40 PM

FLarnhill said: "We just had two in a row Best Musical winners (ASL, Kimmy) close. Keep telling me how the Tonys (or awards in general) are still meaningful? Especially when Wicked's now old enough to drink."

not really a fair comparison -- ASL announced it's closing shortly after winning the Tony, while KA ran nearly a full year after winning (and most likely wouldn't have lasted that long had it NOT won best musical, no matter how much I loved

farewell Kimmy!
 Apr 28 2024, 11:13:11 AM

Thank you cast and crew of Kimberly Akimbo for the 4 of the most profound evenings i've spent in a theater.

Break legs on your Great Adventure! 

What’s Your Favorite Song From the 23-24 Season
 Apr 26 2024, 06:36:41 PM

Rachel Bay Jones singing "What a perfect day..." in the opening song of Here We Are

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You