Neil Simon's Plaza Suite

Dennis2
#0Neil Simon's Plaza Suite
Posted: 4/4/04 at 3:15am

I got the part of Sam Nash in my high school's production of the play. I wondering what everyone thought of the play. I'm familar with the Odd Couple and some of Simon's other work, but not this one (I do know there is a movie, but I've never seen it). So, has anyone seen the play on/off Broadway before? If so, did you like it?

I don't like ice cream

PennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
#1re: Neil Simon's Plaza Suite
Posted: 4/4/04 at 10:47am

I read the play last year and I have seen the movie. It's an interesting story I kind of like how it's 3 completely different stories that have nothing in common except they take place in the say hotel room. The stories are interesting I enjoyed the one about the bride to be locked herself in the bathroom and her father is trying everything he can to get her out and he's breaking things and throwing fits because she wont come out of the bathroom it's kind of funny.

It's a little confusing when you first get into it because you (well at least I) want to find a connection between all the stories but there isn't any other then the room. I enjoyed reading it and I bet it would be interesting to see a staged version of it.

Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!

MusicalDirector109
#2re: re: Neil Simon's Plaza Suite
Posted: 4/4/04 at 1:07pm

That's a good part! I really like "Plaza Suite". You can really simk your teeth into playing the part. Break a leg - when is the show?

Videos