Wicked Sheet Music

BroadwayBaby3 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby3
#0Wicked Sheet Music
Posted: 5/2/04 at 8:46pm

It was supposed to be out in early may but now I'm hearing late June. Does anyone know when it's coming out?

Defy Gravity!!

NYCbabe3789 Profile Photo
NYCbabe3789
#1re: Wicked Sheet Music
Posted: 5/2/04 at 8:48pm

I don't know, but I am MAD. My friend and I were planning on singing FOR GOOD at a concert in early June. I don't know what we're gonna do now...even if it comes out before then we need time to practice with the accompaniment.

ilovemattyfresh2
#2re: re: Wicked Sheet Music
Posted: 5/2/04 at 8:52pm

i thought it was out yesterday if you pre-ordered it, and tuesday if you didn't. when did this change?

ilovemattyfresh2
#3re: re: Wicked Sheet Music
Posted: 5/2/04 at 8:52pm

i thought it was out yesterday if you pre-ordered it, and tuesday if you didn't. when did this change?

NYCbabe3789
#4re: re: re: Wicked Sheet Music
Posted: 5/2/04 at 8:55pm

I don't have the link, but if you go to Stephen Schwartz' site the music is going to be delayed. I heard from some one in the business that the music came back and it had too many mistakes (???). We'll see...

shira467 Profile Photo
shira467
#5re: re: re: Wicked Sheet Music
Posted: 5/2/04 at 8:56pm

NYCBabe, I have heard that if you mail/email stephen schwartz (i'm sure his email is available through his site (google it), then he will mail you the sheet music. Give it a shot!

Deet: Shira, I Love You!

NYCbabe3789
#6re: re: re: re: Wicked Sheet Music
Posted: 5/2/04 at 8:57pm

Thanks shira, I will try. :) I want the music to be as good as possible, my friend and I were just very disappointed about not being able to perform. I will give it a shot though!

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#7re: re: re: re: re: Wicked Sheet Music
Posted: 5/2/04 at 9:06pm

Arggggggh! This is such a bummer. Lots of folks are going to be a wee bit miffed!

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

NYCbabe3789
#8re: re: re: re: re: re: Wicked Sheet Music
Posted: 5/2/04 at 9:10pm

Shira-where did you find out about emailing Stephen Schwartz? PM me if you want!

Jamie Hat Profile Photo
Jamie Hat
#9re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wicked Sheet Music
Posted: 5/2/04 at 11:47pm

For the love of god please don't sing POPULAR at auditions...

#10re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wicked Sheet Music
Posted: 5/3/04 at 11:40am

Random "Popular" outburst.

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#11re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wicked Sheet Music
Posted: 5/3/04 at 11:54am

NYCbabe - there are so many good people in NY who can transcribe the song you want to sing from that show - it'll cost you, but then you'll have the arrangement you want and the key you want it in. And sooner than waiting for the published piece. Check Backstage for contact info on people who transcribe professionally.

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

HunterFosterIsMyGod Profile Photo
HunterFosterIsMyGod
#12re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wicked Sheet Music
Posted: 5/16/04 at 2:11pm

http://www.musicalschwartz.com/wicked-piano-vocal.htm

read>http://www.musicalschwartz.com/wicked-piano-vocal.htm>http://www.musicalschwartz.com/wicked-piano-vocal.htm

read the first paragraph.

MusicPos2 Profile Photo
MusicPos2
#13re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wicked Sheet Music
Posted: 5/16/04 at 3:27pm

Look at that page and e-mail the person. I needed "Popular" for my kids choir concert, and they e-mailed it to me since I had pre-ordered the book. The only thing they asked is that the program states it's from WICKED.

Techieboi
#14re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wicked Sheet Music
Posted: 5/16/04 at 10:27pm

Hey, if you are friends with any sound techies, they could use a program like sound forge, and then a program called "Vocal Remover" (Analog X will give u a free downloadable version) to make a track from the original. Sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesnt work to great. (I just did a show where we removed vocals from "Freaks" from Sideshow and it was amazing, but Ive tryed the vocal remover on "Dancing Through Life" and it didnt sound too neat.

Videos