pixeltracker

Opinions of Rocky Horror?- Page 2

Opinions of Rocky Horror?

NBC
#25re: Opinions of 'Rocky Horror'?
Posted: 5/27/04 at 11:05am

I really enjoyed the Rocky Horror revival, and also saw it way too many times.

The line, by the way, at Raul's last anyway was:

Raul: You're wet!
Audience: Thanks to you we are!

And the role of Rocky for me will always belong to Sebastian LaCause. (John Jeffrey Martin...how embarrassing for you! j/k.)

But I do wish I'd seen Deidre Goodwin's Magenta...

"I cried during the Frug." - MC

wickedrawbrt
#26re: Opinions of 'Rocky Horror'?
Posted: 5/27/04 at 11:47am

I'm so bitter and jealous that all of you got to see this revival. It closed before I was able to get to NYC. I have the cast album and it's fantastic, except Lea Delaria (like her normally, but not in this role). Raul is the best Riff Raff since R. O'Brian. And now I find out that Terry Mann was in it, uuugggghhhhhh. I love him (favorite Javert). Who was everyone's favorite narrator? Is it true Sally Jesse Raphael did it?

Ruffian
#27re: Opinions of 'Rocky Horror'?
Posted: 5/27/04 at 11:57am

I have a friend who hates Cavett & even he liked him, he was so much crazy fun

I listen to the CD all the time

Esparza is amazing

I saw both Hewitt & Terry...they both were good

Damn that was just a great load of fun.....

leomaxfrank Profile Photo
leomaxfrank
#28re: Opinions of 'Rocky Horror'?
Posted: 5/27/04 at 12:12pm

the CD is pretty damn good - except for Tom Hewitt. The man can't sing that stuff! *yawn* ---> missing Tim Curry

But I won't live alone in a house of regret.

Ruffian
#29re: Opinions of 'Rocky Horror'?
Posted: 5/27/04 at 12:20pm

TIM TIM TIM TIM TIM

wickedrawbrt
#30re: Opinions of 'Rocky Horror'?
Posted: 5/27/04 at 12:27pm

I know...we all love Mr. Curry, but I love to see new interpretations of roles. I'm one of the few who don't mind revivals or think that just because someone did a great job originating a role, another actor couldn't bring something new or different to a character. Just my 2 cents.

Ruffian
#31re: Opinions of 'Rocky Horror'?
Posted: 5/27/04 at 12:29pm

Its true, TIM is TIM

But I realllly enjoyed seeing Hewitt AND especialllly Terry in the role

leomaxfrank
#32re: Opinions of 'Rocky Horror'?
Posted: 5/27/04 at 12:34pm

no i am certainly not one of the people who think roles are only perfected by "legends" - i just don't think anyone i had seen in the revival played Frank correctly...

Updated On: 5/27/04 at 12:34 PM

wickedrawbrt
#33re: Opinions of 'Rocky Horror'?
Posted: 5/27/04 at 12:37pm

That's interesting. I'm curious to know what "correctly" would be. Not a slam or anything, just want to know what your take on the character is.

leomaxfrank
#34re: Opinions of 'Rocky Horror'?
Posted: 5/27/04 at 12:43pm

watch Tim. a close friend of mine (director/choreographer) has played the part 5 times, and i've seen videos. they are brilliant. Frank just needs to have some type of femininity and endearing qualities, despite his jealous, frantic and uncouth behavior. terrence mann could barely walk in his heels. the character is indeed a bit more in depth - obviously - but i am way too ADD to sit here and type out the brilliance of Frank. :)

wickedrawbrt
#35re: Opinions of 'Rocky Horror'?
Posted: 5/27/04 at 12:48pm

I appreciate your clarifying. I do agree and not having seen Mr. Hewitt's performance I can't really give an honest opinion. But I will say by far the worst Frank I have had the displeasure of seeing was in a revival about 5 (or so) years ago. David Arquette played it, and it was an absolute train wreck. He was over the top (in a bad way), couldn't walk in heels, couldn't sing any of the songs, and his acting was atrocious. The best thing was the costume & set design by Todd Oldham.

junglered Profile Photo
junglered
#36re: Opinions of 'Rocky Horror'?
Posted: 5/27/04 at 1:05pm

A couple of years ago, I spent the night at The Oakley Court Hotel which is close to Windsor, England. This building's jutting gables and bristling turrets were instantly recognizable as the setting of the movie version of the "Rocky Horror Picture Show". What a place to spend my first night on my vacation to England! For those of you headed to England anytime soon, this hotel is less than half an hour from Heathrow. RHPS fans may want to check it out!