BARE cast

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#75BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/10/04 at 9:16pm

Let's save this thread from being buried.

Does anyone else think that they should change the show's logo? It's nice to see the leads' faces (as well as Jesus' mug), but I'm hoping they come up with something more interesting for September.

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#76BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/11/04 at 10:27am

i really like the logo, but if they get something better then YAY!

#77BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/11/04 at 1:00pm

Have you guys seen the movie ad or poster for SAVED!?
It stars Jenna Malone (Stepmom) and Maculey Culkin and takes place in a Catholic Boarding School and the lead gal gets pregnant by her boyfriend who is gay... The poster even has a statue of Jesus in with the pictures of the cast members. Every time I see it, I think of BARE.
But I think this is more of a campy comedy, but maybe this movie, should it do well, will support BARE a bit!
Saved! the movie

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#78BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/11/04 at 1:13pm

Damn, I hope this doesn't mean people will start comparing the two when BARE resurfaces in September.

Poor BARE, always getting compared to other things....Rent, Get Real, now Saved.

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

#79BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/11/04 at 1:28pm

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't think there's comparing with this one...
I watched the trailer after I posted my message.... nothing really similar aside from what I mentioned above!!
Besides, Bare was out first...

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#80BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/11/04 at 5:16pm

yeah, Saved looks hilarious.

Any idea of what the cast of BARE is doing right now? I know we saw a few of them together at the Avenue Q party. Are they rehearsing or workshopping it now, or is this a cold-turkey hiatus?

Updated On: 6/11/04 at 05:16 PM

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#81BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/11/04 at 5:25pm

i remebered it was reported that some of the cast would perform at the Pink Room in a concert produced by Broadway world...i cant find the info now

nystateomind04 Profile Photo
nystateomind04
#82BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/12/04 at 12:20am

YES! i'll be first in line to see it in september... well... maybe not first, after reading some of these highly devoted posts. it seems we may have another cult favorite on our hands, or has that already been established and im just late?

broadwayguy2
#83BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/12/04 at 11:25am

BARE logo note ::

According to BARE staff members when I saw the show, the image of the stained glass window in the logo is not Jesus, but is actually Moses. LOL. I thought that was funny.

I can not WAIT to see this show back on the boards BARE Re-Opening

~BG2, still reveling in his sampler CD and Adam/John/Jenna pics BARE Re-Opening

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#84BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/13/04 at 11:00pm

Dont' let this this thread be buried! Someone talk about Bare!

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#85BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/14/04 at 2:16am

lol i love how passionate bluewizard is! :)
does anyone have the picture of kaitlin pretending to bit michaels neck off the barees website? i loved that pic but always forgot to save it and now its gone BARE Re-Opening

broadwayguy2
#86BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/14/04 at 3:31pm

awwwww. I hate it when they take pics of websites. Bleh.

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#87BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/15/04 at 1:05am

>> lol i love how passionate bluewizard is! :)

Awwww, thanks! I'm fully intent on surpassing the 100-message mark with this thread. Can't get enough BARE, baby!

Oh yes, and I have that pic on my computer somewhere. Private-message me!

Someone mentioned in a new thread that they aren't recasting any of the male parts! That means (hopefully) that Michael Arden, John Hill, Adam Fleming, and Adam Lohr are returning! YAY!

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#88BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/15/04 at 1:09am

They took that picture off? I wonder why, thats weird.

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#89BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/15/04 at 12:59pm

they take some pics off when they put new ones on and it irritates me!!

broadwayguy2
#90BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/15/04 at 3:58pm

I know what ya mean :-/

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#91BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/17/04 at 2:04am

To fit in that box, they'd have to be in some pretty compromising positions! BARE Re-Opening

By the way, the grapevine has said that Romelda T. Benjamin (Sister Chantelle) and Sasha Allen aren't coming back -- any truth to this? And I'm assuming Kay Trinidad might not be returning either, since she's an NYU student who just took a hiatus to do the show (unless she wants to take a longer hiatus, now that the show is a success).

Let's keep the thread alive here, folks. BARE Re-Opening

Updated On: 6/17/04 at 02:04 AM

broadwayguy2
#92BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/17/04 at 12:16pm

I dunno about Sash and Romelda..... :-/ I hope Romelda cames back, but as I said, she has been involved with the upcoming Brooklyn......

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#93BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/17/04 at 12:41pm

There are current audition postings for Sister Chantelle and the role of Tanya.. I guess they arent coming back..

Sasha Allen is an amazing talent.

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#94BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/17/04 at 11:29pm

There's a new picture on the Barees website (AV Room) of Michael Arden and a "Jesse" - is that his boyfriend?

(I'm so nosy.)

Updated On: 6/17/04 at 11:29 PM

PrivateUniverse Profile Photo
PrivateUniverse
#95BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/17/04 at 11:51pm

Hey BlueWizard. I'm just as obsessed as you with Bare! :) And I believe that's Jesse Vargas, the musical director for the show. They both look ADORABLE in the pic.

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#96BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/18/04 at 12:22am

lol Bluewizard, i thought the same thing! i got jealous! BARE Re-Opening

broadwayguy2
#97BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/18/04 at 11:43am

I dunno if they are dating.. but I DO know that 'Jesse' is the uber-adorable and super-fabulus Jesse Vargas.. associate conductor for BARE. BARE Re-Opening

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#98BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/19/04 at 3:13am

There's something that's been bugging me, and it'd be cool to discuss. Does anyone else feel that they should rewrite Ivy's character a bit? In the show, I found Ivy very annoying (the character, not the actress, because Jenna was fabulous).

I'm usually a very sympathetic and understanding person, but I couldn't help feeling that Ivy deserved what happened to her. I mean, she's the one who comes on to Jason, even though he shows signs of disinterest. Of course, it takes two to tango, but for a girl who really likes Jason and doesn't want to ruin her chances with him, she sure is quick to put out! Plus, she treats Matt like crap, and always seems to get her way. And c'mon, they had unsafe sex? They should know better! - Especially because Ivy received a train of condoms for her birthday! She's really the wrecking ball of the story, causing rifts in all the relationships in the show. In real life, my heart might go out to her, but in drama, I have little sympathy for whiney, irresponsible little sluts. BARE Re-Opening

I know broadwayguy2 was moved by Ivy, but I kinda felt she got her just desserts! What does everyone else think?

Updated On: 6/19/04 at 03:13 AM

broadwayguy2
#99BARE Re-Opening
Posted: 6/19/04 at 12:31pm

Okay, I was movced by JENNA'S PERFORMANCE as Ivy. jenna was spot on in the role.

I agree with you, BlueWizard, about the character. I don't blame Jason, neccessarily, for what happened. He only did what he did because he caved to the pressure of everyone around him.. mind you this after he and Peter have broken up over what happened because of Matt..

I managed toe mail soem of my comments to teh creative team via Dodger Theatricals. One of teh thigs that bugged me is that none of teh supporting characters have a true character arc. They start the journey on one, but never finish.

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!