Rent The Tour

Rentaholic2
#0Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/26/04 at 5:40pm

Why can't I open this site? It says flash plug-in required, so I click it and download it but I still can't enter.

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#1re: Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/26/04 at 5:41pm

Try going here: http://www.rentthetour.com/html/index2.htm

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#2re: Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/26/04 at 5:42pm

No idea, but if you try this link you might be able to bypass the intro stuff.

https://www.rentthetour.com/html/index2.htm

Dammit, Delphine, you just had to steal my thunder, didn't you!

re: Rent The Tour

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell
Updated On: 9/26/04 at 05:42 PM

Rentaholic2
#3re: Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/26/04 at 5:42pm

thank you so much!!

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#4re: Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/26/04 at 5:46pm

Sorry Tiff! And glad to help, Rentaholic! I'm there for all RENTHeads in need.

Type_A_Tiff
#5re: Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/26/04 at 5:48pm

Is it working now?

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

Rentaholic2
#6re: Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/26/04 at 5:50pm

Yes, and it's going to be in Lubbock...yay!! This means that if I can convince my mom to let me drive 4 hours I can see RENT for the first time!! It's only there for two days!! And it's not coming any where else in Texasre: Rent The Tour

Type_A_Tiff
#7re: Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/26/04 at 5:53pm

Your first time?! Sweetie, this is the best cast for your first time! (Hoping the sound is better now.)

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#8re: Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/26/04 at 5:53pm

I'm so bummed. It just passed through and I missed it!

Type_A_Tiff
#9re: Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/26/04 at 5:58pm

Where do you live?

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#10re: Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/26/04 at 6:01pm

I live in the lovely capitol of California, and the tour was close by in San Jose only a couple days ago. I was planning on buying tickets, but just never got around to it. re: Rent The Tour

Type_A_Tiff
#11re: Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/26/04 at 6:01pm

It's not too late! You can catch tonight's closing show in San Jose, or take a little field trip to San Diego this week! re: Rent The Tour

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#12re: Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/26/04 at 6:07pm

If only! But I have a dinner date tonight and most certainly have neither the time not energy to go to San Diego. Did you see the show in San Jose, by chance?

Type_A_Tiff
#13re: Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/26/04 at 6:28pm

Nope I saw it 3 times in Vancouver (I posted about it on CB - I think you're on there too right?) and it was GREAT.

Blow off your dinner date. Surely it's worth it! LOL (Or take your date with you.)

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#14re: Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/26/04 at 10:12pm

I just got back from seeing the tour in San Jose and thought the cast was fantastic!

Ava has become my favorite Maureen, she is ADORABLE and unlike the other Maureens I've seen, Ava's Maureen is very easy to like eventhough she's a bit selfish. She sang a INCREDIBLE TMOLM.

Andy Meeks also adorable and GREAT as Mark, especially during Tango Maureen.

Dan Rosenbaum is the best Roger I've seen in the acting department, vocally though, he was a little weak this afternoon. In some parts, he was barely audible (I did hear him clear his throat twice, I've never heard any other actor clear their throat during a performance).

The rest of the cast was also very good, but those performers above were THE BEST!!

Type_A_Tiff
#15re: Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/26/04 at 10:21pm

Word.

I really love Marcus James (Collins) too.

Tango: Maureen is awesome. I love Andy's "Oh. Greeeeaaaaat." and the, er, hand thing he does when he's getting Joanne to join in.

Rentaholic2
#16re: Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/26/04 at 11:21pm

Is this really the best cast? THAT MAKES ME SOOOOOO EXCITED@!!!!! I think I might wet myself....

No really, Rent has been my favorite show for a while solely based on the recording, but it's one of the few great ones that I haven't actually seen.

It's the show that I've always said, when I get the opportunity, I will spend whatever and do whatever necessary to have the best possible seats.

Thank you for being so optimistic about the cast and the show and pumping me up!!!!

YAY!

THREE CHEERS FOR RENT!!!!! Better yet...525600 CHEERS FOR RENT!!!!!!

Type_A_Tiff
#17re: Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/26/04 at 11:36pm

Yay!

I'm totally sincere. You'll love this cast. I was in the same boat as you. I listened to the OBCR for 8 years and finally saw the show for the first time in NYC this April and was kinda disappointed. Then I saw it again for times 2, 3 and 4 with the tour, and my love of the show is reinvigored.

Be sure to post a review! (What seats do you have?)

#18re: Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/26/04 at 11:38pm

Well I don't know if it's the best cast EVER, but it was the best, most well-rounded cast that I've seen on tour out of the 3 times I've seen it. You'll enjoy it immensely! :)

~Rosalynn

Rentaholic2
#19re: Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/26/04 at 11:47pm

Well, tickets don't go on sale until October 8th.

I'm kind of worried, because even if I'm willing to spend anything, my experience has been that all the REALLY good seats are reserved for season-ticket holders and important people. Especially if it is only there for two days. So, I hope I can get decent seats.

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#20re: Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/26/04 at 11:55pm

I'm sure wherever you sit in the theatre, you'll have a fabulous time. I'm so jealous!

GaLiNdaFied Profile Photo
GaLiNdaFied
#21re: Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/27/04 at 12:04am

Andy Meeks is the greatest person on the face of this earth!

So may I announce that I am calling of Ken's and my wedding to be with him
(even though he is married to Lori- whos such a sweetie too) re: Rent The Tour

"Someone please tell me- when the hell did gravity become the enemy? How has an essential force of nature, something that makes it possible for life to even exist on this planet, come to deserve the scorn and hatred of every teenage girl with no head voice?"- Broadway Matt

Type_A_Tiff
#22re: Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/27/04 at 12:04am

I would say buy tickets for one night and rush for the next. Really, rush seats are the best. (Out of the 3 times that I saw the show, I saw it once from the "best seats in the house" - 8th row centre, and twice from rush seats. It's totally different.)

I don't know if the cast's the "best" (I've got limited people to compare!) but the energy and the talent is amazing, and I've got an emotional attachment to these folks!

Type_A_Tiff
#23re: Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/27/04 at 12:05am

I concur, Galindafied. (What's your Andy story? What city did you see him in?)

GaLiNdaFied Profile Photo
GaLiNdaFied
#24re: Rent The Tour
Posted: 9/27/04 at 12:12am

Saw him at the Orange County PAC I think thats what it's called (terrible memory) but Ken and I talked to his wife and she was such a sweetie and then Andy turned out being the greatest Mark I have ever seen. So Ken and I went to the stage door and we talked to him for about 15 minutes and it was wonderful! Needless to say, we are going to San Diego to see him again re: Rent The Tour

"Someone please tell me- when the hell did gravity become the enemy? How has an essential force of nature, something that makes it possible for life to even exist on this planet, come to deserve the scorn and hatred of every teenage girl with no head voice?"- Broadway Matt

Videos