News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Type_A_Tiff

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Member Name: Type_A_Tiff
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 2007 TONY noms' effects on Box Office...  May 19 2007, 09:43:48 PM
Interesting idea despite the limitations...for comparison's sake, though, I wonder what seats would've been available if you had searched one week from today for last Sunday's best seats.
Movies That Pissed You Off?  Mar 24 2007, 04:40:10 AM
The Black Dahlia, because it was ridiculous in every way except visually.

All the Harry Potter movies because they've dumbed it down and skimmed over details that I bet will be very important to bringing everything together in Book/Movie 7.

Memoirs of a Geisha because it simplified this beautifully told novel of a girl's personal journey into a contrived love story where she wants to sleep with her daddy figure.

re: Andrew Lloyd Webber Confirms 'Phantom' Sequel  Mar 11 2007, 04:01:39 AM
Has anyone read The Phantom of Manhattan (which I'm assuming the stage sequel will be based on)? (Sorry, I haven't been on the on-topic board for a while. I seriously haven't a clue what The Pirate Queen is.) What a terrible book. If ALW plans on staying loyal to the original material, it won't be anything but BAD.
re: Les Miserables 2/17/07 - Drew Sarich as Enjolras  Feb 19 2007, 01:39:33 AM
How often has Aaron Lazar been off now? Too bad. Is it just the occasional show or has he been gone for a while now?
re: FINALLY Got to See- 'Finding Nemo' The Musical' !!  Feb 19 2007, 01:38:42 AM
Please tell me Nemo is better than Tarzan Rocks. I had the misfortune of seeing it when I was WDW and aside from the taut, toned, tanned loin-cloth-swatched body, I was completely miserable.

(Good think I like muscles. It wasn't a total waste.)

re: Jesus Christ Superstar  Feb 12 2007, 12:31:45 AM
Here's another fairly recent thread if you wanna see what some of us thought about it:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?boardname=bway&thread=923304#2792093

re: Jesus Christ Superstar comes to Nowhere, Canada  Feb 6 2007, 02:40:00 AM
Not too sure. All I know is that Tiffani is a newbie, but she played the role so naturally. She seemed very comfortable!
re: Jesus Christ Superstar comes to Nowhere, Canada  Feb 6 2007, 02:04:07 AM
If you have the same cast I had last night, you either had my Simon or one of two apostles. The Simon I was saw pretty good (not that Simon has a whole lot to do) but none of the apostles stood out.
re: Jesus Christ Superstar comes to Nowhere, Canada  Feb 6 2007, 01:46:52 AM
I should run a Google search on recent reviews. The score is still terrific but I suppose the acoustics in our auditorium aren't that great because I was surprised to see musicians backstage since there was such a tinny quality to the music. I was sure it was a recording!

I suppose there's some novelty to seeing Ted Neeley in the role but aging is unavoidable. He exudes charisma in spades but each bit of blocking, however minute, seemed deliberate, unnatural and rehearsed. (An

re: Jesus Christ Superstar comes to Nowhere, Canada  Feb 6 2007, 01:01:40 AM
I attended the closing Vancouver show last night and I have to say I was completely, utterly disappointed. I hope I can chalk it up to exhaustion, but everyone's vocals were shot and the performances seemed phoned in. I really wanted to like Corey (although to be fair, it would be tough for anyone to top Carl in my eyes) and Ted. Corey started out "Heaven On Their Minds" screeching and ultimately cracking on the first high note, and sang the rest of the song going an octave lower instead of a
re: Best. Poster. Ever.  Jan 30 2007, 04:45:34 PM
Word, MYB.
re: Best. Poster. Ever.  Jan 30 2007, 03:54:09 PM
There's the direct link on Perez:

http://perezhilton.com/topics/daniel_radcliffe/harry_potter_does_beastly_kiddie_p*rn_20070130.php

re: Best. Poster. Ever.  Jan 30 2007, 02:49:13 AM
I know, I kept trying to edit the repeat posts to get rid of the excess pics but when I hit Update then the new page timed out and it wouldn't change.
re: Best. Poster. Ever.  Jan 30 2007, 01:47:30 AM
Jesus F. Christ; I kept being taken back to the OT board after I posted so I thought the thread wasn't getting bumped...and now I've posted those photos, what, 4 times? Lordy!
re: Grease: thoughts on Equity Actors auditioning for the lead roles!  Jan 15 2007, 01:40:22 AM
Kathleen Marshall said herself, I think in the first or second episode, that this is an open casting call and that she's concerned that an inexperienced performer won't have the stamina to do 8 shows a week. If a trained performer was up against a newbie and all other things were considered equal, I'd bet Kathleen would choose the trained performer with a track record of being able to keep up with the pace in prepping and doing the production. I wish the PR folks wouldn't promote this show to
re: Grease Chat  Jan 7 2007, 08:08:40 PM
Ugh...only 1.5 hours away until Apprentice: LA. Who would've thought that would be the preferred option?
re: Grease Chat  Jan 7 2007, 08:03:44 PM
Can we do it on this thread? So if someone leaves for a while it's easier for people to get caught up if the dialogue moves quickly.
re: Les Miserables Question  Jan 7 2007, 07:49:29 PM
This is all I could find, from a review on Amazon.

As an Australian cast recording was being developed, the creative team of Les Miserables came up with the bright idea of recording an international album of Les Miserables that contained every single note in the show. That is where this album came from. It is a bit puzzling that the "international" cast only consists of vocalists from Los Angeles, New York, Sydney, London, and Tokyo, but that is just nit picking. This album includes Gar

re: Tony Winner Lea Salonga to Join Les Miz as Fantine  Jan 3 2007, 02:53:02 PM
Daphne will go on to bigger and better things. While I thought she was horribly miscast here, I can't wait to see what upcoming projects she has.

And I'm thrilled Lea is coming back, and pissed that I'll miss it.

re: Luggage in Theaters  Jan 3 2007, 02:37:16 AM
Hopefully they'll let you check your bags in. I can't think of many things more annoying than if my leg room and comfort was compromised because someone next to me was taking up all the room with luggage!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You