pixeltracker

Is Kristin Chenoweth getting too big for her boots?

Is Kristin Chenoweth getting too big for her boots?

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#0Is Kristin Chenoweth getting too big for her boots?
Posted: 10/24/04 at 2:24am

Do you think we'll ever see her back on Broadway or will she stick to the movies and such that put more cash in her pocket? Don't get me wrong- I adore her work, she's amazing. However, it's frustrating when she cancels 5 shows one week, and a mini tour the next...

Discuss?

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05
Updated On: 10/25/04 at 02:24 AM

VIETgrlTerifa
#1re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?
Posted: 10/24/04 at 2:29am

Chenoweth was going on a mini-tour?

"I've got to get me out of here This place is full of dirty old men And the navigators and their mappy maps And moldy heads and pissing on sugar cubes While you stare at your books."

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#2re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?
Posted: 10/24/04 at 2:30am

with the Boston Pops

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.

broadwaybound3 Profile Photo
broadwaybound3
#3re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?
Posted: 10/24/04 at 2:30am

i hope she comes back to Broadway- they are taking Idina away in January, they can at least let us keep Kristin. Updated On: 10/24/04 at 02:30 AM

VIETgrlTerifa
#4re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?
Posted: 10/24/04 at 2:36am

I think Chenoweth will always go back to Broadway...that is if Broadway will give her any more opportunities. I'm a hugh Chenoweth fan, but even I don't think she will be in a position where she will be too much of a star in Hollywood to be in a Broadway show.

"I've got to get me out of here This place is full of dirty old men And the navigators and their mappy maps And moldy heads and pissing on sugar cubes While you stare at your books."

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#5re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?
Posted: 10/24/04 at 2:37am

neither do I...it just seems her ego is getting a bit swolen.

broadwaybound3
#6re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?
Posted: 10/24/04 at 2:38am

i wish she would stick around, but you know how everything goes. But perhaps this is for the better- give some of those kids working @ Ellen's Stardust Cafe a chance at it.

VIETgrlTerifa
#7re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?
Posted: 10/24/04 at 2:39am

What does this have to do with her ego? It's her getting more opportunities elsewhere and choosing them over others. I mean if she is going to take one opportunity, she runs the risk of saying no to another. I don't blame her for taking opportunities in a field where she has had less success just so she could get to do it.

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#8re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?
Posted: 10/24/04 at 2:41am

you're not getting it...The things I mentioned were things she commited to but when someone else came along (west wing anyone?) dropped like a bad habit. Hmmm what pays more, a 300 seat Caberet or a TV show that airs nationally. I'm stumped.

broadwaybound3
#9re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?
Posted: 10/24/04 at 2:41am

very true- but with her voice and stage presence, she belongs on Broadway. At least in my opinion.

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#10re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?
Posted: 10/24/04 at 2:44am

mine too :)

broadwaybound3
#11re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?
Posted: 10/24/04 at 2:44am

to some people its not about the art anymore- and im afraid thats what happening. Like Glinda- Kristin is being swept up in the greatness of another place that may not be the best choice. *man, that was sad...* ha.

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#12re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?
Posted: 10/24/04 at 2:45am

sad but true re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?

Maybe I'm just bitter because of the cancelled dates and the know-it-all-kristin-chenoweth-fanatics throwing it in my face and praising her saying she can do no wrong...

VIETgrlTerifa
#13re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?

Well, I can understand the disappointment, but I still think it's a bit unfair to attack Chenoweth for this. We are on the outside looking in, and we have no idea if she is doing it because she thinks it's a good opportunity, or if she thinks she is better than performing with the Pops.

broadwaybound3
#14re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?

i get the shivers when i hear her sing- especially at the very end in "For Good" and at the very start with that operatic value- it is just amazing.

broadwaybound3
#15re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?
Posted: 10/24/04 at 2:47am

yea i get that too with all of my drama/theater/broadway fanatics that are closer to obsessed. they think some of these people are gods and godesses to the point of insanity. Its kind of sad...

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#16re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?
Posted: 10/24/04 at 2:47am

she's a singer.

As far as being on the outside looking in, that's fine...but she commits to everything she does...her "people" don't just sign her up...

broadwaybound3
#17re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?
Posted: 10/24/04 at 2:48am

sorry i pointed that out- captain obvious is the name.

broadwaybound3
VIETgrlTerifa
#19re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?
Posted: 10/24/04 at 2:52am

Yes, I am not arguing that she committed to it then pulled out. Yes, it is a crappy thing to do, but people do change their minds about things all the time. I'm just saying that maybe it's not her thinking she's too good for the Pops and singing for people, but her simply wanting to take one job over another.

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#20re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?
Posted: 10/24/04 at 2:54am

don't take that wrong, I wasn't correcting you, just agreeing actually re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?

I guess what I was trying to say is "yeah, she does it all but out of everything she does...singing, acting, dancing, etc. singing is most definately her strongest suit and it's what she belongs doing."

Hrm, probably should have used more than 3 words the first time?

Sorry if you took that wrong! I'm off to bed now, night!

VIETgrlTerifa
#21re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?
Posted: 10/24/04 at 2:57am

Yeah, I definitely agree with you. Out of all the things she does, singing is what she does best. I think she needs to find a show where she can take advantage of her high soprano. I mean, we get flashes of it in "Wicked" but I'd love to see a show where she can sing all out like that through out the whole show. Of course, a show like has to exist first.

JakeB
#22re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?
Posted: 10/24/04 at 5:52am

She's not getting too big for her boots - she's going where the money is. In the words of Jason Robert Brown - 'the Tony award doesn't come with a cash prize'. True she's not living in the gutter, but cut her some slack.. her agent has to eat too.

Spooky
#23re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?
Posted: 10/24/04 at 6:56am

When were either Mohegan Sun or the Boston Pops announced????
The one thing with Chenoweth that's kind of a given is if she's doing something playbill.com always announces it. They announced her appearance on Nightly Business News, less than 4 minutes of airtime but there's a press release.
And if you watched that interview she says and she's always said, she'd come back to Broadway.
She'd be crazy not to, Wicked was her first "success" on Broadway.
I think she's got too many talents to be constrained to one medium. Aside from the fact that her acting hasn't really been established yet. She'll be back on stage with Encores.

sndtrklvr Profile Photo
sndtrklvr
#24re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?
Posted: 10/24/04 at 7:05am

When I first read this I thought it was an announcement about Kristin going back to Broadway since she had said her next show would be probably be called Boots.

I've said it before, you have to give to her. She has built quite a career for herself. I think she is doing the things that are going to build her profile for the biggest audiences. But I do think she will come back to Broadway. Not for another two years at earliest.

So my dear you think you can get to Broadway. Well, let me tell you something. Broadway has no room for people like you. Not the Broadway I know. My Broadway takes people like you and eats them up and spits them out. My Broadway is the Broadway of Merman, and Martin, and Fontaine, and if you think you can build yourself up by knocking other people down... ...GOOD LUCK... Seinfeld

Videos