News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sndtrklvr

sndtrklvr Profile Photo
Member Name: sndtrklvr
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Anne Hathaway in "Carnival" at Encores!
 Jul 3 2020, 06:52:17 PM

Hathaway was supposed to play Judy Garland in an adaption of Get Happy on film and on Broadway. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-hathaway/anne-hathaway-to-play-judy-garland-on-film-stage-idUSTRE52M70D20090323

Honestly I would have loved to see her in Company. Lenk just seems so wrong for the role. 

Plaza Suite Boston Peformances Thread
 Feb 17 2020, 07:54:06 PM

Saw the matinee yesterday. Have to be honest as much as I like SJP, I had low expectations going in. But both she and Broderick had great charm and made what was never that great a play into a fun two hours. I was roaring at the finale as was the rest of the audience. An audience made up mostly of older to middle-aged women. So that's their audience.

Both Parker and Broderick signed after and they got to everyone for what was a relatively small crowd. He was grumpy, she was charmin

PLAZA SUITE revival coming Spring 2020
 Sep 13 2019, 09:44:12 PM

George in DC said: "I'm not sure if this has been mentioned , but there is a wonderfully taped live performance of "Plaza Suite" with Jerry Orbach and Lee Remick in all the parts. This was done by HBO in the early 80's when they filmed several stage performances, "Vanities" and " The Williamstown production of "Sherlock Holmes" with Frank Langella being two others. Both Mr. Orbach and Ms Remick are perfection. Despite that, I really don'

OKLAHOMA! Performances
 Aug 12 2019, 06:23:01 AM

Saw this on a weekend theater trip (along with Mean Girls and Hadestown) and absolutely loved it. Grew up watching and loving the movie and have seen many local stage productions but this gave me a whole new level of love for the show and now have the OCR on my playlist. The whole cast was great - Stoker obviously was the fan favorite but Daunno and Jones were perfect. The only thing I would have tweaked was the dream ballet - shorter would have been better in opening up the second act.

Tea At Five Boston Reviews
 Jul 7 2019, 05:29:25 PM

Saw it today. I was really surprised at how short it was - just a bit over an hour. Dunaway was very good but is still struggling with her lines throughout. Her stage movements also seem a bit tentative although it can be attributed to Hepburns boot. I don't see how this can transfer well although I certainly enjoyed it (especially since I sat fourth row orchestra with a half price ticket)

"'FOSSE/VERDON' COMING TO FX"
 Mar 1 2019, 06:06:22 PM

The full trailer is up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgSA6o1UyYw
Fun to place quick moments like Verdon being called back for her encore for Can-Can.

Audition songs for Joanne in Company?
 Feb 18 2019, 01:16:02 PM

Little Girls from Annie

Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
 May 26 2018, 06:14:57 PM

Saw it today at what appeared to be a sold out matinee. The book, as many have mentioned, still needs work. They could also drop a couple of songs. The main cast were all very good with Gooding and Stanley as standouts. Lauren Patten's "You ought to Know" was face meltingly good and she got her standing ovation. Very positive buzz from everyone on the exit from the theater.

Amazing Find
 Apr 22 2018, 07:13:06 PM

Picked up a copy of the OCR of Floyd Collins at a church sale and found inside a signed note from Mary Rodgers Guettel (on her letter head) to Trude Rittman. Nice bonus.

re: Wow! Chicago the Razzle Dazzle Edition..
 Dec 31 2005, 09:03:46 PM
Watched this last night. Delightful. All the extra's were great and I really enjoyed the rehearsal footage. Seeing Liza made me all the more excited for the DVD release of "Liza with a Z." and I truly wish another musical role could be found for Catherine Zeta Jones, she has a real zip to her.
L.A. showing
 Nov 25 2005, 09:12:30 PM
Saw the movie first showing in a burb outside Boston. The theater was about 1/2 Full. Mostly college age girls. Some older folks. Mostly quiet, a few laughs -- Maureen's mother's line at the end of TMOLM got the biggest.

Scattered applause at the end. Several people around me mentioned they really liked it. A few mentioned they were off to get the soundtrack.

I was happy to see it made. Thrilled to have so much of the cast on screen. Have some issues with many of Columbus' ch

re: Boston and Idina....
 Aug 27 2005, 11:10:30 AM
I went to the 7:30 Show. It was great and she got a rave in the Boston Globe today. The thing I respect about Idina is that she doesn't just sing her own stuff. In fact probably on a third of the songs were hers or associated with her. Her encore was Like a prayer, which is kinda fun considering the buzz around Evita.

The main issue I had was the incredible amount of kids that were there. Seriously like 9 year old kids. And their parents had brought them from far away -- like Florida

re: The 2005 Tony Awards Thread
 Jun 5 2005, 10:19:44 PM
Cherry looks buff. But hurray. She's terrific.
 Jun 5 2005, 10:17:16 PM
wow. Kathleen Turner is thinking -- I could win, I could win!
 Jun 5 2005, 09:15:21 PM
Now the lady of the lake has got a Tony!
 Jun 5 2005, 08:46:04 PM
it's a piazza sweep!
 Jun 5 2005, 08:17:41 PM
Hey it looks like their might be some surprises tonight. Congrats to Liev!
re: WICKED - IDINA'S FINAL NIGHT - POST YOUR REVIEWS HERE
 Jan 11 2005, 08:41:16 PM
I know she is just an actress and it's just a musical, but the video really made me sad to see her go...
re: Kristin's Christmas Memories
 Dec 16 2004, 10:40:59 PM
Gosh Kristin is everywhere. I'm surprised she didn't agree to do Glinda one more time to get on the Today show today.
re: How long has this been going on . . . The Last 14 Years of the Musical
 Dec 16 2004, 10:39:24 PM
Interesting take. Can't wait to get the book for Xmas
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You