pixeltracker

Objects of desire for theatre folk!!!

Objects of desire for theatre folk!!!

momtobwwannabee
#0Objects of desire for theatre folk!!!
Posted: 11/18/04 at 10:50am

Does anyone have a clue how to obtain broadway related items, signed playbills, show-shirts, placards, scripts for an auction for a non-profit musical theatre fundraiser? I am supposing it is a who-you-know deal and I don't know anyone. Yuck and I have to come up with item and do not have a great budget. Any help, please, I'm to the begging point! Thanks

#1re: Objects of desire for theatre folk!!!
Posted: 11/18/04 at 11:00am

When I was doing a fundraiser (for something other then theater and I wil not say as It might scare the kiddies.... ) I went to all the websites I could find that were related to what i wanted on the auction or to those that I felt would be interested in the cause and I send out an email stating (it can be form letter)... sure it might come out as spam to them a little bit but I was suprised I got about a 30% return rate. I emailed 100s of places and I for items and received about 50 items for the auction table.

Go to all the broadway items websites. I am sure there huge amounts. Be creative. MTI, Playbill.com, so so so many -- you never know what you will get.

bwaymyway
#2re: Objects of desire for theatre folk!!!
Posted: 11/18/04 at 11:09am

You can always try ebay- they usually have lots of playbills and things like that.

but most of all i yearn to be astonishing...

#3re: Objects of desire for theatre folk!!!
Posted: 11/18/04 at 11:16am

That is also a very very good idea. BUT I still think you should try and get them to donate for free. What is the auction for?

momtobwwannabee
#4re: Objects of desire for theatre folk!!!
Posted: 11/18/04 at 3:27pm

This is a musical theatre group. We hold musical theatre workshop for 300+ kids in summer with many NY instructors and try to scholarship to workshop as much as possible. We have 3 ensembles that are selected from workshop which perform all year wherever someone will listen! We have a small Cabaret which produces 5 or 6 shows annually (with 3 week runs). Then we produce two main stage shows in summer with both professionals and workshop kids. It is a great training ground for those who are really serious about acting and musical theatre. Right now we have ensemble alumni at Julliard and CCM.
We have a scholarship fund in place now for our graduates too.

These items are for our big fundraiser which feeds into all four areas of focus. Thanks for asking. I will get on with letters this weekend.

mint0621 Profile Photo
mint0621
#5re: Objects of desire for theatre folk!!!
Posted: 11/18/04 at 3:44pm

You could just try hanging out near Times Square around 10:30PM-ish, and browse the theater stage doors, you're bound to catch some people as they leave. Try the hot ticket shows, like Avenue Q (John T, Barrett Foa), Rent (Drew Lachey), Bombay Dreams (Tamyra Gray), Wicked (Idina, Joey McIntyre), Brooke Shields, etc...they always have crowds so you're bound to get nice people to get autographs from.

momtobwwannabee
#6re: Objects of desire for theatre folk!!!
Posted: 11/18/04 at 4:03pm

I would love to do that, but I am a 1,000 miles away from NYC!!!

Videos