News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mint0621

mint0621 Profile Photo
Member Name: mint0621
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Occupation: grad student, Broadway/ballet/classical music fiend

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE BAND'S VISIT Previews  Oct 10 2017, 08:19:03 PM

theatretenor2 said: "We enjoyed the preview tonight. At times, it felt incredibly slow. I noticed a few people leave about 3/4 of the way through. Noticed a few people looking at their watches. Having seen Dear Evan Hansen last night and Come From Away this afternoon, I don't think I was personally quite prepared for something as sedate as TBV. I can see how this might struggle to find a mainstream audience.The performances were fantastic, especially Katrina and the band. I think

Sweeney Recoups  Oct 10 2017, 02:30:15 PM

I highly enjoyed Hugh Panaro, Carmello and the rest of the phenomenal cast this past Saturday matinee. As a big fan of the Doyle Sweeney several years ago - this production certainly did not disappoint. I wasn't completely 100% convinced Hugh, as Sweeney- is a twisted man inside, he just looks so nice and sophisticated - not really 'rough' around the edges - but his voice in this production, without a microphone - is a force to behold, esp if he's standing on the tab

Hello Dolly standing room/rush  Oct 10 2017, 02:26:45 PM

Hope you were able to get a standing room ticket LYLS - I sauntered up to the box office on Friday at 10:10am - and scored a single standing room center seat (The single standing room spot located right next to the sound booth - great view) The box office guy said there were still several standing room spots left - as well as partial view balcony.

Bette was fabulous. I saw some empty seats in orchestra so I was able to sit down for Act 2. The ladies sitting next to me had bought their

Hello Dolly standing room/rush  Oct 4 2017, 10:09:38 AM

I'm headed to NYC this week and considering doing SRO for Hello Dolly on a weekday morning. I had really wanted to see Donna Murphy but she's not on this week (I don't think).

It's my vacation so I"m not really digging the three hour wait in the morning - however, if I"m up early, I might be game. It would be so much fun to see Bette - I'm sure she's great in this role.

What other options are there for rush tickets if the Dolly SRO line se

Sweeney Todd- twisting seats for $50 less- how much twisting is there?  Oct 3 2017, 11:03:48 PM

I have B-9 - so excited to see the show! I am ok with sitting with one leg folded in front of me :) 

Roman Holiday Previews  May 28 2017, 10:46:27 AM

Thanks for all these reports - I will prob grab a rush ticket at some point to hear the Cole Porter songs & see Georgia Engel (who was so ridiculously charming and highly entertaining to watch on stage in Drowsy Chaperone). There is a former SF Ballet dancer in the Roman Holiday ensemble, Shannon Rugani - so it'll be good to support local talent. 

Miss saigon rush/ tkts  May 28 2017, 12:26:04 AM

I saw this last night (5/26) and stood in line at 9:30am and was about 6th in line. Tickets were great, row R on the side - saw 95% of everything happening on stage. Enjoyed the show better than expected - had low expectations after reading the NY Times review but I enjoyed the show 20 yrs ago and it was great hearing the songs again. Got teary eyed at the end too...

JonJon Briones' American Dream was a force to be reckoned with...

So Long, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF  Dec 31 2016, 11:39:08 PM

Such a wonderful show - I was happy to have been there to witness the last performance. 

THE PRESENT Previews  Dec 21 2016, 07:25:06 AM

I grabbed a rush ticket 40 min before showtime yesterday 12/20, got row F, the last end seat on house left. Considered partial view but very little obstruction. I was surprised there was a rush ticket left so close to curtain time...but glad I finally got to see Blanchett, one of my favorite movie actresses.

Oh, Hello RUSH  Dec 21 2016, 07:19:08 AM

Any recent rush reports for Oh hello would be greatly appreciated!  Bump ? 

Amelie at the Ahmanson  Dec 20 2016, 08:56:53 AM

I saw Amelie in Berkeley with Samantha Barks - bland bland bland. I've heard it's been changed / adjusted since its Berkeley run so perhaps it's improved.... but when I saw it, the charm of the movie is certainly lost in the musical production. I was particularly disappointed about the male lead part - in the movie, he is sweet and naive- but in the musical, he is sarcastic and talks with disdain - very off putting. All of my friends loved it though, so I may just be the out-lier

The Color Purple Rush/Student Tickets for my mom  Dec 20 2016, 08:51:58 AM

I was across the street at the Great Comet rush line and I got in line at 8:05am last Saturday (12/17) - it was snowing mind you - but from my vantage point, I could see that at 8:05am, the Color Purple rush line was shorter than the Great Comet line, and I was 12th in line. THe snow may have slowed down folks headed to the rush line - but good luck!! Cynthia Erivo's performance is NOT TO BE MISSED!

Great Comet Rush  Dec 20 2016, 08:43:32 AM

I rushed on Saturday 12/17 (in the snow!) and arrived in the rush ticket line at 8:05am...I was 12th in line - by the time I got up to the box office, there were still rush tickets for both matinee and evening shows, so I grabbed an evening ticket. I got great orch side seats (I want to say E16 but don't quote me on the exact seat). I had a great view of the stage and show experience - totally worth it.

Matilda Rush  Nov 28 2016, 09:48:56 AM

Thanks HighFlying!

Matilda Rush  Nov 27 2016, 09:17:27 AM
Bump - has anyone tried Matilda rush lately? Mom will be visiting town in early Dec and while she isn't the best at understanding British accents (done by American children), as a huge Roald Dahl fan, I think she could enjoy the show for rush price.

Any recent reports appreciated! Thx

Peter and the Starcatcher - Yes/No??  Jun 27 2012, 02:16:36 PM
I loved it!!!! Borle was fantastic, entertaining & waaaay over the top--unforgettable performance, for sure.
one man, two guvnors rush  Jun 14 2012, 11:36:15 AM
Great, thanks for the info! How was the show?
one man, two guvnors rush  Jun 13 2012, 01:20:07 PM
I'm heading out to NYC next week and am very interested in any updates in regards to the rush line for one man, two guvnors....looking forward to your comments! Thanks
NYT article about Parsons and Harvey  Jun 8 2012, 12:35:21 PM
I'm fascinated by the idea of Jim Parsons as Elmwood--has anyone done rush for this show recently? Any tips would be greatly appreciated, I'm travelling into the city in two weeks and would love to catch this play if possible. Thanks!
re: Back from Les Miserables at the Hollywood Bowl  Aug 9 2008, 10:42:23 AM
JLY was fantastic as Marius, bringing a new perspective to a role that others have done well before him. He was more quietly introspective, instead of the super excited, wears-his-heart-on-his-sleeve Marius I've seen before. His "empty chairs" brought tears to my eyes, and it was great to see him in a role so different than as Frankie Valli.

Valjean was also the best I've seen for that part, "Bring Him Home" being very solid. Brian Stokes Mitchell, of course, always always impresses & s

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You