News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

How does this Sound for auditions??

How does this Sound for auditions??

Roxie Profile Photo
Roxie
#0How does this Sound for auditions??
Posted: 1/9/05 at 6:53pm

So I'm getting my stuff together for MT school auditions and here's what I've come up with....Up tempo- Vanilla Ice Cream from She Loves Me and Ballad- Home from B&B. I know Home's a little overdone but I like the way it fits with my voice. Any thoughts would be great!! Thanks Updated On: 1/9/05 at 06:53 PM

CatieElphie1 Profile Photo
CatieElphie1
#1re: How does this Sound for auditions??
Posted: 1/9/05 at 9:18pm

I think that Vanilla ice Cream is a good choice...it's not too "out there", but it's not overdone like some other songs. The only advice I would give you, is, (in my experience) if YOU yourself know that the song is overdone, it might not be the BEST choice. But, on the other hand, you know your voice the best and can tell when a song is really yours. break a leg!

Was that a fat joke?

bwayballerina
#2re: How does this Sound for auditions??
Posted: 1/9/05 at 9:27pm

I've used Home for a few different auditions; I've been pretty successful every time I used it. It is a bit overused, but I understand where you're coming from with the whole fitting your voice thing. A good balad that has a similar note range (I think, not quite sure offhand) is "Look to the Rainbow" from Finian's Rainbow. It's fairly easy to learn, and I doubt it's overused. There are one or two full-octave note jumps that are a little hard at first (or they were for me), but they sound impressive once you nail them. Break a leg! re: How does this Sound for auditions??

EnterSL
#3re: How does this Sound for auditions??
Posted: 1/9/05 at 9:37pm

I agree with BWAYBALLERINA. Try the song from Finian's Rainbow. That musical has very beautiful music. Its good to display your voice at its very best, so your on the right track. if she says this is the same range as Home, id try this one though. You want to sell yourself at your best advantage, but you dont want to tune out the judges at your intorduction either.Break a leg!

EnterSL
#4re: How does this Sound for auditions??
Posted: 1/9/05 at 9:37pm

I agree with BWAYBALLERINA. Try the song from Finian's Rainbow. That musical has very beautiful music. Its good to display your voice at its very best, so your on the right track. if she says this is the same range as Home, id try this one though. You want to sell yourself at your best advantage, but you dont want to tune out the judges at your intorduction either.Break a leg!

musicaltheatreman
#5re: How does this Sound for auditions??
Posted: 1/9/05 at 11:19pm

waht does B&B stand for??? thanks

Roxie Profile Photo
Roxie
#6re: How does this Sound for auditions??
Posted: 1/10/05 at 8:46pm

B&B stands for Beauty and the Beast. Sorry bout that, stupid rushing....re: How does this Sound for auditions??

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#7re: How does this Sound for auditions??
Posted: 1/10/05 at 8:50pm

Yeah, I would stay away from Beauty and the Beast. That's a song that will attract all kinds of ingenues, and you want to stand out with your audition.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

Videos