pixeltracker

For those of you who DO like POTO movie

For those of you who DO like POTO movie

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#0For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/10/05 at 10:42pm

Now, I know most people here hated it, but thankfully, there are those who enjoyed it immenseley. Therefore, I have made this thread for the GOOD things about POTO movie.

Please ppl, no bashing, for once Id like some nice things to be said about this movie!!

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#1re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/10/05 at 10:45pm

I loved it! patrick wilson was great acting-wise, and vocally, and Minnie Driver was hilarious!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#2re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/10/05 at 10:47pm

thank you jwei!!

I too though Minnie Driver was so funny!!
The scenery was amazing!!
and yes, though michael crawford sang more than Gerard, i honestly didnt think gerard was bad at all!
Emmy was great!
Patrick Wilson made me cry!! (along with gerard of course) that patrick has some great vocals there!

and the make up for this was great!
ah hell i loved everything! lol

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

#3re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/10/05 at 10:48pm

I have seen it 3 times, and I still love it. Gerard's voice isn't great, but it doesn't bother me. It is still a beautiful film. Emmy may not have an incredibly strong voice, but for a 17 year-old, I thought she did an amazing job. Her voice is pure and beautiful. She hits some wonderful notes, especially in the following parts:

right before "The Point of No Return" when she sings "no dreams within her heart but dreams of LOVE"

right before "All I Ask of You" when she sings "and through music my soul began to SOAR"

Those notes are so beautiful. Not to mention she was beautiful visually lol. Especially when her hair is down in the title song and she has the dark eye shadow... oh my lol. Patrick Wilson was great, as was Minnie Driver. There's so many things I love about it. The final scene down in the Phantom's lair is incredible.

#4re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/10/05 at 10:51pm

Never fear. In time, many of the bashers will quietly slink back into the "We Love POTO" camp.

It's a fine musical film.

It worked better for me on film than on the stage in many ways.

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#5re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/10/05 at 10:52pm

i am SO on this list.. but i dont think it took long to figure that out

it really is an amazing movie... so what if its not right on. i like what they did though. it all works.... all the changes.

Patrick, amazing... Gerard... he really grows on you the more you listen to him. and he put a lot of emotion in that really made it so great!

then there's Emmy... ::sigh:: i don't know what to say that i haven't said. i definitely love her during the graveyard scene... and we won't discuss the PONR costume...

::bust a move::

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#6re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/10/05 at 10:53pm

visually it was spectacular..no one can argue that!

my favorite note that emmy sings in the ENTIRE thing is during Point of No Return, when She and the phantom get up on the bridge/ platform type thing, and she sings "Consume Us"...it's not high at all..in fact, it's a VERY low note but it sounds beautfiul on her voice!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#7re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/10/05 at 10:54pm

no..zepka...we WILL discuss that point of no return costume (we definitely already have before! :)) but IT WAS SO HOT!

awkward.

#8re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/10/05 at 10:55pm

Jwei, that low note is my favorite by far. I love that... I thought I was the only one lol. I totally forgot about it when I was posting though.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#9re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/10/05 at 10:55pm

heh it was cool, but you know, ive seen this movie 6 times and i still miss the part when Chrisitne mouths "i love you" to raoul....

and me too Jweii!

I also loved her when she sang "Think of Me" ya know in the end when she has her last "of me" and its all operatic, sounds very nice!!!

#10re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/10/05 at 10:56pm

Yeah, I keep forgetting to look for her mouthing that to Raoul. I still haven't seen it. Her dress falling down in PONR... oh my...

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#11re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/10/05 at 10:58pm

ha, when i talk my brother to see it, when her dress was like falling, he said "EW IS SHE TRYING TO SEDUCE HIM!!"
aah funny stuff
but yeah she was pretty!! ..its a good thing shes so skinny lol

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#12re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/10/05 at 10:58pm

elvis, i was seriously just about to post about the dress falling down... i cant help but stare at it everytime

hey, im still allowed... we havent broken the engagement yet

#13re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/10/05 at 10:59pm

Call me crazy, but I just think the whole PONR scene is incredibly sexy. P.S. Dark eye shadow on a hot girl really does something for me...

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#14re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/10/05 at 10:59pm

other things I love:

-The fact that minnie's "dresser" (haha remember that guys? LOL) tightens her courset during "Prima Donna"

-The fact that that guy's eyelids STILL give me nightmares! haha

-The way emmy pushes out her hip on "Consume Us"

-Gerard when he is playing with the "monkey toy" thing at the end. SO sad

-Miranda Richardson for being alive. she's amazing

-The fact that masqerade looks like a theatrical orgasm.

ok im done..more to come!

awkward.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#15re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/10/05 at 11:01pm

heh...and this may sound weird coming fro ma 14 year old, but yes the PONR scene was very...erm....well it def. made me love gerard more

who here got that magazine Elle girl with emmy on it?

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#16re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/10/05 at 11:01pm

the fact that emmy's boobs get larger, and eye shadow gets progressively more apparent throughout the movie, esp. going down to the lair

awkward.

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#17re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/10/05 at 11:02pm

sally~ Is that the one with Emmy on the cover, asking which hollywood leading man she would choose, or something like that? I seriously almost bought it at JFK...that would have looked kinda sketchy haha

awkward.

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#18re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie

oh sally... i saw it at work when i was closing last week and they asked me to straighten out the magazines... yeah, i didnt straighten them out at all... i was too busy flipping... im obviously buying it

#19re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie

zepka, you'll be sure to let me know if things don't work out between the two of you, right?

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#20re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/10/05 at 11:03pm

zepka, i wanted to ask you, where's that picture of emmy from? i love it!

ps- i thought you were gonna put the picture of chad michael murray (aka you) as ur avatar! you decieeeved meeee haha

awkward.

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#21re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/10/05 at 11:04pm

elvis, i think ur third in line...sorry bud! haha

awkward.

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#22re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie

yes elvis, i'll let you know

but dont hold your breath

you too jwei

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#23re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie

jwei, the pic she has is actually from the magazine i was talking about

but hey there was another magazine? woot good stuff!

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#24re: For those of you who DO like POTO movie
Posted: 1/10/05 at 11:06pm

sally~ the fact that you, as a 14 year old girl can enjoy the sexiness of emmy and gerard is very good...but i mean even like toddlers (such as me, right zep?) think they're hot stuff!

awkward.

Videos