Internship

DancerGirl16 Profile Photo
DancerGirl16
#0Internship
Posted: 1/11/05 at 11:09am

Where should I look for an internship opportunity?

When someone blunders, we say that he makes a misstep. Is it then not clear that all the ills of mankind, all the tragic misfortunes that fill our history books, all the political blunders, all the failures of the great leaders have arisen merely from a lack of skill in dancing. - Moliere

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#1re: Internship
Posted: 1/11/05 at 11:11am

What are you interested in doing? And you're still in high school, right?

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

DancerGirl16
#2re: Internship
Posted: 1/11/05 at 11:14am

yes I am interested in anything theatre related for an internship. I am hoping to get an internship backstage at a Broadway show because I have some connections but where else should I look?

When someone blunders, we say that he makes a misstep. Is it then not clear that all the ills of mankind, all the tragic misfortunes that fill our history books, all the political blunders, all the failures of the great leaders have arisen merely from a lack of skill in dancing. - Moliere

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#3re: Internship
Posted: 1/11/05 at 11:15am

Try producers' and general managers' offices, as well as press offices. Look at playbill.com, they advertise a lot of internship opportunities.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

DancerGirl16
#4re: Internship
Posted: 1/11/05 at 11:17am

Thanks, do you know any particularly?

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#5re: Internship
Posted: 1/11/05 at 11:18am

Go here:

http://www.playbill.com/jobs/find/category_listing/7.html

DancerGirl16
#6re: Internship
Posted: 1/11/05 at 11:20am

Thank you very much

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#7re: Internship
Posted: 1/11/05 at 11:22am

You're welcome. Keep me posted.

DancerGirl16
#8re: Internship
Posted: 1/11/05 at 11:37am

Will do, it is an awesome program I will only have to go to school senior year for two periods

Gym and English

and then the rest on the day do a theatre internship

MichaelCassara Profile Photo
MichaelCassara
#9re: Internship
Posted: 1/11/05 at 11:46am

Also check out:
Broadway Intern Group Updated On: 1/11/05 at 11:46 AM

erinrebecca
#10re: Internship
Posted: 1/11/05 at 11:55am

Dancergirl, how do you manage to only have English and gym for senior year? That doesn't sound like a good idea as far as college admissions go. Good luck with the internship hunt.

BrdwayBaby
#11re: Internship
Posted: 1/11/05 at 12:01pm

i would imagine that it would be pretty difficult for someone to get an internship at a broadway show, since it is a full throttle business. if it were given to anyone it would probably be to someone in at least an undergrad program, not a high school senior. however, looking at off broadway theatres, or community theatre even more, would be beneficial, since they do not have as much to lose with someone who has not been quite as trained as the people they are paying to work there. good luck!

"Gimme Gimme That Thing Called Love"

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#12re: Internship
Posted: 1/11/05 at 12:02pm

I actually worked at a gm's office where we had a high school girl as an intern, along with a couple of college students. My initial wariness was soon replaced with a thorough appreciation for the high school student, who was 100x more motivated, efficient, smart, and eager as the college kids. So I say go for it!

GirlfriendFromCanada
#13re: Internship
Posted: 1/11/05 at 12:07pm

I attended a theater internship fair last year. I can't remember the specific about how I found out it was occuring, but I'll dig through old emails. There were a lot of independent theater companies represented there, and it seemed like many of them would have been a lot of fun to work with. I ended up applying for a number of internships through Playbill too, however, and landed a great one. So I definitely recommend reading through those as well, there are some gems in there.

DancerGirl16
#14re: Internship
Posted: 1/11/05 at 12:10pm

Well the reason that I am thinking about broadway is because I am very good friends with a few composers, and actors on broadway right now who said that they could recommend me and probably get me in the door.

Don't worry I am not that idealic

But that is right now what I am searching for back up possibilities. Has anyone here ever done theatre internships, I would love to hear about them PM me :)

Videos