pixeltracker

Request for more Brian Stokes Mitchell Feinsteins Reviews

Request for more Brian Stokes Mitchell Feinsteins Reviews

ElphieZ
#0Request for more Brian Stokes Mitchell Feinsteins Reviews
Posted: 2/8/05 at 2:18pm

Submitting my request for Brian Stokes reviews re: his performance at Feinsteins. I'm going to his show next week and would love to know what songs he sings, etc. I know there was a previous post but it seems to have died out. If you've gone to the show, I'd love to hear your valuable thoughts and impressions. Thanks!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1re: Request for more Brian Stokes Mitchell Feinsteins Reviews
Posted: 2/8/05 at 4:41pm

I'm going next Friday... not sure if that's before you or not, but I'll definitely post about it.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

stokesrocks Profile Photo
stokesrocks
#2re: Request for more Brian Stokes Mitchell Feinsteins Reviews
Posted: 2/8/05 at 5:27pm

I'm not very good at recollecting events but I'll try. I went this past Friday and there are no words to describe him onstage that up close and personal. He is absolutely amazing! the theme of his show was Life/Love and he told us he was nervous and did not want to suck. I thought that was so cute and humble of him. He sang some American song classics such as: Make Someone Happy, Being Green, a couple of My Fair Lady songs (John Williams gave them his own spin), he sang a couple of Cole Porter songs and he ended with The Impossible Dream which gave me the chills. I can't remember all the songs because to be quite honest I was in a daze at his stage presence. He makes eye contact and has a way of making everyone feel welcome. It was a totally wonderful night and you guys will have a great time. I saw him afterwards and he was as gracious and beautiful as he is onstage. I have met a lot of broadway actors and no one compares to this man.

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#3re: Request for more Brian Stokes Mitchell Feinsteins Reviews
Posted: 2/8/05 at 5:51pm

The song that he sang as a tribute to his son (not sure of the name) was great !!! The story that he told beforehand about his son's first words was adorable !!

ElphieZ
#4re: Request for more Brian Stokes Mitchell Feinsteins Reviews
Posted: 2/8/05 at 6:57pm

Thank you thank you! I'm going next Saturday, the very last show. I can't wait!

cruisintoo2
#5re: Request for more Brian Stokes Mitchell Feinsteins Reviews
Posted: 2/14/05 at 10:57am

had the great pleasure of seeing his late show saturday pm...it was wonderful,..the show started late, Stokes had been at the funeral earlier in the day for Ossie Davis...each song, story was performed with so much feeling,...I had the pleasure of meeting him backstage at "Man of La Mancha",..one I'll always remember with a smile...hope they record the show at Feinsteins..always a believer

ElphieZ
#6re: Request for more Brian Stokes Mitchell Feinsteins Reviews
Posted: 2/15/05 at 3:22am

Thanks for the update! I can't wait to see him Saturday!

Videos