Aloha All! New member, here...

eponine88
#0Aloha All! New member, here...
Posted: 12/8/03 at 8:12pm

Aloha fellow Broadway lovers!
I'm a new member here, though I've always loved Broadway musicals. I was wondering, we've all seen how great the actors and actresses are onstage, but what do you think about them offstage? I've been lucky enough to have a few chances to get to know cast members outside of the theaters, and I'm very interested in hearing other people's experiences if you don't mind sharing.

Cadriel
#1re: Aloha All! New member, here...
Posted: 12/8/03 at 8:22pm

I miss stage-dooring Les Misérables more than anything. It wasn't the massive-barricade-getting-signatures affair, and yet it wasn't totally empty. I would chat with the guys in the cast (mostly guys - I had a crush on one of the girls and never managed to approach her except online), share thoughts, what have you. It was a nice, casual atmosphere, even when it was fricking freezing.

I've never had a negative experience while stagedooring, though.

Edited to add: Welcome to the board, and all.

-Wayne Updated On: 12/8/03 at 08:22 PM

broadwayguy2
#2re: re: Aloha All! New member, here...
Posted: 12/8/03 at 8:29pm

I have gotten to know one or two and they are very nice people.

DofB5
#3re: re: re: Aloha All! New member, here...
Posted: 12/8/03 at 8:50pm

I don't know any that I know of. With the board who knows for sure who your pals are? re: re: re: Aloha All!  New member, here...

Welcome to the board! Happy posting!

D

BillyLawlor Profile Photo
BillyLawlor
#4re: re: re: re: Aloha All! New member, here...
Posted: 12/8/03 at 10:41pm

Welcome to the board, eponine88. I have had many experience with actors at the stage door, and sometimes not at the stage door.
Laura Benanti was one of them. I caught her on her way to the Nne album signing at Virgin Records, and the woman was nice to enough to sign my book when I didn't have a pen (She asked for one of course, which was terribly nice, when she was running late). She is really stunning up close, as well.

BwayTheatre11
#5re: re: re: re: re: Aloha All! New member, here...
Posted: 12/9/03 at 9:02am

Welcome! re: re: re: re: re: Aloha All!  New member, here...

CCM '10!

Bwayfan
#6re: re: re: re: re: re: Aloha All! New member, here...
Posted: 12/9/03 at 10:41am

Hi and welcome!!
I have only met and saw the cast of NINE at the stagedoor and I thought they were all wonderful to the fans. John Stamos is so nice and sweet to the ladies.

Videos