Hugh Jackman is so charismatic

Broadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
#0Hugh Jackman is so charismatic
Posted: 12/14/03 at 12:01pm

I saw The Boy From Oz yesterday and was completely mesmerized by Hugh Jackson. What a charming and talented actor. He does a superb Peter Allen. He interacts with the audience and even spoke to me twice and blew me a kiss. Really guys. The set design could have used a little work. That same black coach and view was in each apartment scene. I don't know if the show would have been as good if he was not in it. It would something like Antonio in Nine. To me, he was the show. The cast was, as always, very talented and it seemed like old home week. Beth Fowler played Peter's mom who I remember from Beauty & the Beast; Isabel Keating, was a wonderful Judy Garland, she was made up to look like her and had her mannerisms down pat, I remember as the understudy for Molly Ringwald in Enchanted April. That part didn't show the extrodinary talent of this actress. Also, Jarrod Emmerick was Greg, Peter's boyfriend, who I remember as Brad Majors in The Rocky Horror Show. The play had some sad moments which were to be expected but the finale was spectacular.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
Updated On: 12/14/03 at 12:01 PM

PigletH13 Profile Photo
PigletH13
#1re: Hugh Jackman is so charismatic
Posted: 12/14/03 at 12:08pm

So glad you liked Hugh Jackman. The couch is in several scenes and does get a pay check each week...so just so you know he is a cast member. :) And Jarrod Emick is wonderful as Greg.

What did Mr. JACKMAN say to you? and where were you sitting?

addition to the serenity prayer: Help me hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they pissed me off!!! :-)

Broadwaylady
#2re: re: Hugh Jackman is so charismatic
Posted: 12/14/03 at 2:50pm

He spoke to me twice. I sat in the first row. He seemed to interact with people that were in the first row. The first time he had a long sleeved shirt over a t-shirt and he asked me if he should take the shirt off. I smiled and nodded YES!!!!!!!! Then he did the number with the top hat and tails and he was doing fancy footwork. He asked me if I wanted to see him do it again. I said YES!!!!!! Then after that he blew me a kiss. If I went to the night show, I would have waited until he came out and seduced him. Ha ha only kidding.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."

liaghatgals
#3re: re: re: Hugh Jackman is so charismatic
Posted: 12/14/03 at 7:01pm

Ah, the infamous first row. Center, left or right? Piglet had a similar experience, when, last week or so? I'm making my plans for January. First row, center. Now, how to make sure I'm picked for that Bi-coastal number? Piglet, suggestions??

PigletH13 Profile Photo
PigletH13
#4re: re: re: re: Hugh Jackman is so charismatic
Posted: 12/14/03 at 8:42pm

Listen to Bi-Coastal...towards the very end, there is a pause where Hugh will get up and either pelvic thrust or something...make an appreciative noise! Thats all!

addition to the serenity prayer: Help me hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they pissed me off!!! :-)

thirdrowcenter Profile Photo
thirdrowcenter
#5re: re: re: re: re: Hugh Jackman is so charismatic
Posted: 12/14/03 at 9:17pm

Damn I sat in the first row center and Hugh didn't throw me a kiss but I love him anyway.

Broadwaylady
#6re: re: re: re: Hugh Jackman is so charismatic
Posted: 12/15/03 at 10:29am

I was in the center but the seat on the right aisle. re: re: re: re: Hugh Jackman is so charismatic

Broadwaylady
#7re: re: re: re: re: Hugh Jackman is so charismatic
Posted: 12/15/03 at 10:30am

He tried to start a conversation with a gal on the right first row but she would not bite. So he wound up talking to a man behind her and they did the pelvic thrust together. It was hysterical.

Videos