pixeltracker

Auditions songs for soprano w/ mezzo belt who can hit alto too??

Auditions songs for soprano w/ mezzo belt who can hit alto too??

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#0Auditions songs for soprano w/ mezzo belt who can hit alto too??
Posted: 2/24/05 at 2:31pm

There may be a thread already but my search wasn't helping so... can someone please either link the thread or suggets some songs. It's for a friend who describes herself as,

"i'm technically a soprano but i have a belt like a mezzo and i can hit alto notes"

Thanks!!! Updated On: 2/24/05 at 02:31 PM

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#1re: Need help finding songs!!!
Posted: 2/24/05 at 2:35pm

how bout "Home" from BATB?
"Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again" from POTO?

is this what you mean?

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#2re: Need help finding songs!!!
Posted: 2/24/05 at 2:42pm

It's for an audition that she has. If those songs are in her described range I'll definitely let her know...!!

Don't kill me but... BATB?

I think the theater she's auditioning for is doing POTO as part of their season so probably not good to do a song from it, right?

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#3re: Need help finding songs!!!
Posted: 2/24/05 at 2:43pm

BATB is Beauty and the Beast

and as for the POTO song..hmm Im thinking it depends what show shes auditioning for. Is the show POTO?

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#4re: Need help finding songs!!!
Posted: 2/24/05 at 2:54pm

She is auditioning for a theater company in Wichita and I am pretty sure POTO is one of the shows they are doing that season.

I'll suggest BATB!

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#5re: Need help finding songs!!!
Posted: 2/24/05 at 2:56pm

oh oh just the theater shes auditioning for not a specific show? if you IM me at Spaztic1103, Ill IM you the song tonight if you'd like.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#6re: Need help finding songs!!!
Posted: 2/24/05 at 3:14pm

Well I think she can get the music and stuff herself, she just wants help figuring out what songs she should consider. But thanks!!! And if you - OR ANYONE ELSE - can suggest stuff that would be great. I'm starting a list for her.

fiyeros_elphaba Profile Photo
fiyeros_elphaba
#7re: Need help finding songs!!!
Posted: 2/24/05 at 3:24pm

Green Finch and Linnet Bird (although that is more the soprano part of course)
Not for the life of me (millie)
Don't know maybe something from Secret Garden
how about "Making good"

*Peter Pan and Tinker Bell-which way to NeverNeverLand?Emerald City's gone to hell,since the Wizard blew off his command!

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#8re: Need help finding songs!!!
Posted: 2/24/05 at 3:28pm

Adding those to the list although I have no idea what Green Finch and Linnet Bird refers to...

Videos