pixeltracker

How 'bout an audition song for someone who cant sing??- Page 3

How 'bout an audition song for someone who cant sing??

Shh_413
#50re: How 'bout an audition song for someone who cant sing??
Posted: 10/3/18 at 12:35am

TravisOKC said: "How about "My New Philosophy" from You're A Good Man Charlie Brown?"

Besides the fact that's it's an easy song to screw up, acting-wise and notes-wise, I've also heard it's an overdone audition song that can get annoying if you're not really really good.

Loopin’theloop
#51re: How 'bout an audition song for someone who cant sing??
Posted: 10/3/18 at 4:04am

TravisOKC said: "Loopin’theloop said: "TravisOKC said: "How about "My New Philosophy" from You're A Good Man Charlie Brown?"

Huh? You absolutely have to be able to sing for that!
"

There are definitely some technical parts to that song, but also some parts that aren't all that difficult.
"

And there’s the answer. There are less difficult parts of every song!

The first three lines of the melody, that repeat over and over have difficult intonation - that is not going to be helpful to someone who can’t sing. Again, we are talking ‘can’t sing’ not ‘doesn’t sound nice’ 

A song written specifically to showcase the voice of its singer is not going to be a smart move. 

The Gentlemen is A Dope or ‘Hey! Look Me Over! are the type of songs required, something you could pretty much speak your way through, if you can’t pitcg any of the notes.

MauraLovesMusicals
#52re: How 'bout an audition song for someone who cant sing??
Posted: 10/3/18 at 10:30am

“hey, look me over” from wildcat is a good one. the notes are easy and it can work to your advantage if you act it out well (maybe i’m just biased cause it’s my fight song lol)