pixeltracker

What is the plot for Altar Boyz anyway?

What is the plot for Altar Boyz anyway?

broadwayangel Profile Photo
broadwayangel
#0What is the plot for Altar Boyz anyway?
Posted: 5/13/05 at 9:40pm

I know many of you are giving me "wtf, you don't know?!" look lol but hey. Anybody have a synopsis?

Ev'ry so often we long to steal to the land of what might have been but that dos'nt soften the ache we feel when reality sets back in.
Updated On: 5/13/05 at 09:40 PM

Dollypop
#1re: What is the plot for Alter Boys anyway?
Posted: 5/13/05 at 9:52pm

"Alter Boys" is about a group of five young men who have accidentally gotten altered by the neighborhood vet.

Please don't mistake this show with the other one called ALTAR BOYZ.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

broadwayangel
#2re: What is the plot for Alter Boyz anyway?
Posted: 5/13/05 at 9:55pm

Oh....*feel very very stupid* I did mean Alter Boyz! I am so sorry I wasn't even thinking.

Ev'ry so often we long to steal to the land of what might have been but that dos'nt soften the ache we feel when reality sets back in.

Juliet2170 Profile Photo
Juliet2170
#3re: What is the plot for Alter Boyz anyway?
Posted: 5/13/05 at 10:13pm

lol dolly...angel if you're in the city, please go see the show for yourself because the plot can't adequately be told without the visuals but its not at all complex. you'll really get a kick out of it!
Updated On: 5/13/05 at 10:13 PM

Dollypop
#4re: What is the plot for Alter Boyz anyway?
Posted: 5/13/05 at 10:30pm

Angel, sweetheart, it's "altar" not "alter". The meanings are vastly different.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

broadwayangel
#5re: What is the plot for Altar Boyz anyway?
Posted: 5/13/05 at 10:35pm

*hangs head in shame* it's just not my day for typing is it? lol
And sadly i'm not in the city, though every day I miss it and want to go back. I hear everyone on the board raving about altar boyz so I listened to a couple clips and thought "is this a christian musical or something?"

Updated On: 5/13/05 at 10:35 PM

Elizabeth_DeBris
#6re: What is the plot for Altar Boyz anyway?
Posted: 5/14/05 at 9:36am

If you want the short, short version: it's a spoof of a Christian boy band.

If you want a longer version, someone else is going to have to provide it because I'm horrible at summarizing things I love (I may or may not have a tendency to provide more details and quotes from the show than are necessary)...

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#7re: What is the plot for Altar Boyz anyway?
Posted: 5/14/05 at 9:50am

LOLOL Dolly

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

broadwayguy2
#8re: What is the plot for Altar Boyz anyway?
Posted: 5/14/05 at 12:28pm

Alter Boyz has very nice visuals.

Loppy Profile Photo
Loppy
#9re: What is the plot for Altar Boyz anyway?
Posted: 5/14/05 at 12:37pm

There's really no plot. It's an overblown SNL skit that's kind of overrated

#10re: What is the plot for Altar Boyz anyway?
Posted: 5/14/05 at 2:27pm

It was an SNL skit? Wow how cool is that?! When did it air and do you know if it will be repeated? Who played what? I can picture Horatio Sanze playing Juan! That must have been so funny! Did they ever consider bringing the SNL guys over? I bet they could have played Broadway with the actual SNL cast-- except maybe Chris Kattan! That didn't work too good!

Juliet2170 Profile Photo
Juliet2170
#11re: What is the plot for Altar Boyz anyway?
Posted: 5/14/05 at 2:32pm

heeey the book got award noms. but it's mainly audio/visual. you can't get the gist of it very well even if i typed out the script. yeah it's sad i know the script...you wanna fight about it? lol jk (i hope you all watch Family Guy) but since no one really answered your question after all these posts:

the story is about a group of Christian boys (and one nice Jewish boy) who are travelling across the country on their "Raise the Praise" tour to spread the word of the Lord. their last stop on the tour is our very own NYC and they try to "cleanse the souls" of audience members through their sweet pop music with unbelievable choreography and lyric wit. throughout the show you'll get to know each of the Boyz intimately and they even reveal their personal struggles with sin. it's all tongue-in-cheek and walks the line between spoofing boy bands and religion to paying homage to them. the conflict in the story is about how they deal with their own problems on top of trying to save the souls of the audience. from the mouths of the Boyz themselves, it's mainly about "brotherly love." i hope Kevin del Aguila doesn't think i butchered his work with this. LOL

check it out next time you're in town Angel!

Updated On: 5/14/05 at 02:32 PM

Elizabeth_DeBris
#12re: What is the plot for Altar Boyz anyway?
Posted: 5/14/05 at 2:34pm

LOL. You mean it didn't work too WELL, Joe. re: What is the plot for Altar Boyz anyway?

Loppy, you're entitled to dislike the show, but it does have a plot- however thin you feel it may have been stretched, it still exists.

Videos