Names

thtrteacher
#0Names
Posted: 5/16/05 at 12:36am

I'm looking for a name for my new kitten. I want something theatrical from a play or musical. I was thinking of Mabel. Any suggestions?

Juliet2170 Profile Photo
Juliet2170
#1re: Names
Posted: 5/16/05 at 12:39am

Little Lotte lol

apdarcey
#2re: Names
Posted: 5/16/05 at 12:41am

haha, so cute juliet... what about nala?

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#3re: Names
Posted: 5/16/05 at 12:47am

Jennyanydots (the Gumbie cat!)
Demeter
Bombalurina
Cassandra
Rumpelteazer
Grizabella (sings Memory)
Victoria
Jellylorum
Etcetera
Griddlebone
Sillabub

(The female cats from "Cats")

thtrteacher
#4re: Names
Posted: 5/16/05 at 12:49am

lol, Thenardier, one of those is my name!

apdarcey
#5re: Names
Posted: 5/16/05 at 1:17am

i'm hoping your name is victoria, because any of the others and... well.

what about eva...

theatreboi11
#6re: Names
Posted: 5/16/05 at 1:23am

Well when I finally get my pet (girl) I am name it Elphie. HOW ADORABLE!:) hehe you can steal it if you wantre: Names

(Martha Graham from a letter to Agnes de Mille) "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening That is translated through you into action, And because there is only one of you in all time, This expression is unique. If you block it, It will never exist through any other medium And be lost. The world will never have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, Nor how valuable it is, Nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours, clearly and directly, To keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware Directly to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open. No artist is pleased. There is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction, A blessed unrest that keeps us marching And makes us more alive than others."

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#7re: Names
Posted: 5/16/05 at 1:25am

I'd name my cat Jennyanydots....but I'd never get a cat.

TheatreRatinBlue Profile Photo
TheatreRatinBlue
#8re: Names
Posted: 5/16/05 at 5:52am

i named my little brat of a cat Banquo, we call him Bankie for short or Mr B.

ashley0139
#9re: Names
Posted: 5/16/05 at 6:51am

apdarcey- could be Cassandra. That's not bad.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Videos