News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theatreboi11

theatreboi11 Profile Photo
Member Name: theatreboi11
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5422334
Blog Address: http://www.myspace.com/39869589

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: STAGE MAGIC: Behind the Scenes at WICKED with Marybeth Abel Part 1
 Dec 16 2009, 05:58:54 PM
I agree! It was wonderful!
re: Chicago Tribune reviews 'The Addams Family '
 Dec 10 2009, 03:04:08 PM
The Trib review took the words right out of my mouth!
re: Addams Family as of Late
 Dec 9 2009, 10:13:21 PM
Wasn't good on Sunday.
re: Photo Flash: First Production Shots of THE ADDAMS FAMILY in Chicago
 Dec 9 2009, 07:33:26 PM
While I do wish the best for this show, I have to agree that, if there aren't major changes made, this show won't last long.

The double stair cases don't fold/unfold. They are manipulated to create different parts of the house. Each stair case is made of multiple parts that can be rearranged for different looks. The set is just amazing! Hopefully the rest of the show can catch up.

re: ADDAMS FAMILY problem
 Dec 7 2009, 12:52:42 AM
I just got home from tonight's performance, and I must say that I am very disappointed. The plot line is just aweful, and there are no memorable songs. This show is a huge waste of talent. I cannot see it getting any big reviews for anything beside the set (which was wonderful) and Nathan Lane's performance! There needs to be more Jackie Hoffman. While I love Bebe, she was just bad in this show. They have a lot of work to do in order to get it in any kind of condition for it to succeed on Broadw
Woman Empowering Play, Skit, or One Act
 Feb 17 2009, 11:04:05 AM
I am looking for women empowering plays, skits, or one acts that will be performed at a college level. Unfortunatly, the Vagina Monologues is out of the question. Thank you for your help!
re: Working in theaters
 Jul 29 2008, 10:28:49 AM
Being a stage manager is a huge responsibility. Having graduated from a college with a stage management program and dealing very closly with them, I can tell you that it is all about experience. Since their job description is never ending, I am sure companies will be looking for those who have had the experience.

My suggestion is to either find a school with a stage management program and get some training or find a really good internship. You will most likly have to assistant stage ma

re: New MY FAIR LADY film
 Jun 5 2008, 09:36:23 PM
I would love to see Amy Adams tackle this!
re: Sherie Rene Scott : You May Now Worship Me...?
 Jan 31 2008, 08:50:22 PM
I think it is brilliant. Very SRS diva!
re: Post 9/11 musical theatre
 Apr 18 2007, 12:49:58 PM
I know there is a play called "WTF" about a guy trying to find a roommate after his former one died in the towers.
re: Williamstown Theatre Festival Announces 2007 Season (Includes World Premiere of New Musical)
 Jan 29 2007, 08:17:13 PM
YAY I am so excited! I just found out last week that I am doing an internship with the theatre this summer. Let me tell you the stress of graduating college sucks!
re: Chicago rights
 Jan 29 2007, 08:16:12 PM
The high school I am working at just aquired the rights for the spring. We applied for the rights and were denied them. We then checked to see the tour schedule and the closest it was coming was 4 hours away. The drama teacher contacted the tour manager and asked permission. They were so taken back by the fact we were denied it that they suggested us filing a petition and that they would support it. So she wrote this super long petition and sent it in. A month later we were still denied the righ
re: pirate queen music?
 Oct 9 2006, 02:28:26 PM
I have to agree that I feel the songs are much better than majority of the reviews on this board. My theatre hating, was forced to go stap father went away humming some of the songs. Just don't expect Les Miz and Miss Saigon and you will be fine!
The Pirate Queen: 10/8 7:30 show
 Oct 9 2006, 01:57:50 PM
*Possible Spoilers*

First off I just want to start by saying this show is amazing! I do agree with what some people have been saying that it isnt Les Miz or Miss Saigon, but hey, who cares! I have been so excited for months to see this show and over all it completely lived up to my expectations.

The Overature: About the most beautiful thing I have ever heard. It starts off nice and slow and then becomes so gorgeous I could not stop smiling. By far one of the best overat

re: OMG!!! Ashlee Simpson as Roxie Hart.
 Aug 25 2006, 02:21:02 PM
I live in Champaign, IL and this morning on the radio it was announced that she will be in the London production....not sure how true it is, but the rumor has made it all the way into corn country!
German Theatre
 Aug 23 2006, 06:26:13 PM
My roomate is getting her masters in architecture and one of her projects is to design a theatre anywhere in the world. Me being a theatre major I was telling her about this theatre in Germany where the stage was on hydrolics and could be changed from round to thrust to proscenium. I am not sure if it is still there but I definatly know it was built in the 20th century. Does anyone know the name of this theatre?
re: Janice..
 Aug 18 2006, 01:21:25 AM
I actually could totally see her as Velma...that is if she could ACTUALLY sing and dance
re: Duet for an Older Couple
 Aug 17 2006, 09:26:29 PM
What show is that from?
Duet for an Older Couple
 Aug 17 2006, 09:21:42 PM
My step dad is in a musical review and is looking for a male/female duet. They are both around 50 years old and don't have any preferences. Both have very large ranges. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Grease: the reality show
 Aug 8 2006, 01:21:55 PM
Tuesday, August 8, 2006; Posted: 1:18 PM - by BWW News Desk

NBC will search for the next Sandy Dumbrowski and Danny Zuko in "You're the One That We Want," a new talent competition series from BBC Worldwide Productions for mid-season, where America will ultimately get to choose the two leads for a new Broadway production of Grease.

The new production of Grease will open on Broadway in June 2007 and will be directed and choreographed by two-time Tony Award-winner Kathleen Mars

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You