News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TheatreRatinBlue

TheatreRatinBlue Profile Photo
Member Name: TheatreRatinBlue
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold  Nov 19 2005, 02:01:40 AM
my unpopular opinion is that people on this message board take it WAY to seriously! opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one!

**edit** i agree with kathryn_with_a_y about Joseph.

Was that Kristin Chenoweth I saw in a commercial the other day?  Nov 18 2005, 01:37:12 AM
So the other day I was vegging out on my couch watching tv and I swore up and down that Kristin Chenoweth was in this Old Navy (I think) commercial. Has anyone else seen it? Is that her? I really can't tell!
re: Dont you hate... (RENT related)  Nov 15 2005, 07:32:14 PM
i have the same gripe. although i have yet to have the chance to go to New York to see it, i've been aware of the show since i saw it on the Rosie show. My sister (who is 6 years older than me) likes to pretend that she's all about theatre when she knows jack **** about anything when it comes to theatre. This is the same girl who thinks Joseph and the Amazing Technicolored Dream Coat (THE MOVIE!!) is the best musical ever. it makes me want to smack people!
re: Musicals you loved immediately  Nov 14 2005, 07:55:09 PM
ehem...

POTO
RENT
Wicked
Sweeney Todd
Company
West Side Story
Little Shop of Horrors
Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Miss Saigon
The Scarlett Pimpernell
Children of Eden
Jekyll & Hyde
Titanic
Side Show
Jesus Chirst Superstar

re: Musicals that you hated the first time you listened to it, but gave it  Nov 14 2005, 07:48:35 PM
The Light in the Piazza: i'm still trying to get into it. and i've had the cast recording for a few months

Les Miserables: at first it didn't apeal to me, but now WOW

Little Women: it took me a while to warm up to it.

re: SADDEST song from a musical...  Jun 16 2005, 03:03:47 AM
For all of the songs already listed that I'm very familiar with I totally agree. However, I'm very surprsed that out of 113 posts I am going to be the first one to post these songs.

To The Lifeboats, We'll Meet Tomorrow and Still From Titanic

and

I Can Hear Music from Leader of the Pack

The Titanic songs make me tear up every damn time, with Leader of the Pack, I think it has more to do with the staging of that song when I saw it, although the

re: children of eden recording  May 16 2005, 06:13:06 AM
ya know everytime i go to buy cd's i always forget about Children of Eden, i've been itching to get it for the past three years. And i keep forgetting.

re: Names  May 16 2005, 05:52:57 AM
i named my little brat of a cat Banquo, we call him Bankie for short or Mr B.

re: Producer's Ulla  May 16 2005, 05:49:35 AM
You almost had it right the first time Gwyneth Paltrow...it looks wrong, but it isn't. I was glancing between this and my people magazine when i happened upon a picture of her and her child...**big gulp** Apple. God why do people name their kids stupid names!
re: Question about Stage Managers  Apr 26 2005, 03:03:27 AM
I've stage managed several times at my Community Theatre and i'm getting ready to stage manage again for Enchanted April. From my understanding and expierence, the stage manager (after the show is in run) is basically in charge of the entire damn thing. They call the show (lights, sound, props, ect.) they also can become winner of the "who me" award should anyone fall ill. I've always enjoyed being a stage manager, i don't think it's anything that can be taught, it's something you kinda have
re: Titanic  Apr 6 2005, 03:22:38 PM
I adore the music to this show, but unforturnately the book is really weak. I was kinda upset by that. I went into the theatre all psyched but when the show was over I walked out of the theatre, congratulated the people I knew in the show (community theatre production) then after the boosting of egos had subsided I leaned over to my sister and said "the boat sank so what? but at least the music was great"
re: Liza Minnelli  Apr 4 2005, 08:59:13 PM
Liza with a Z makes baby jesus cry. lol I recenctly saw Caberet the movie, and it was my first time ever seeing it and i just wanted to reach through the screen and smack her, i just don't find her entertaining at all, but thats just MY humble opinion.
re: Gilligan's Island--The Musical  Mar 28 2005, 03:44:54 AM
i saw that show about two weeks ago at a local actors equity theatre and it was god aweful! i wanted my money and time back. The songs were corny, the dancing was horrible, it was just rediculous.
re: all-time greatest musical showstoppers  Mar 9 2005, 03:17:57 AM
I'm noticing that alot of these songs come at the end of the show or at the end of the act, then they really aren't a "Show stopper" per say the last song of an act or the show are suppost to be larger then life, so the audience will come back. Let's face it, if Defying Gravity didn't have what it has, no one would come back for the second act.

re: Jesus vs. Jesus  Mar 9 2005, 03:07:27 AM
With Godspell it feels like my 6 year stint in Catholic School is coming back and slapping me in the face. I can't stand that show, the whole bag of goods. Now, i've seen JCS at least 20 times, from professional productions to high school productions, i can't get enough of that show, although the first movie of it made me want to shoot myself in the face. I would have to go with JCS hands down, I like the complexity of Judas in it.

**sigh** judas...talk about a dream role. What vocal

re: Good Graduation Songs...Help!  Mar 9 2005, 03:00:48 AM
"We'll Meet Tomorrow" Titanic

re: Billy Crystal Playing Wilbur Turnblad in Hairspray Movie?  Mar 9 2005, 02:55:01 AM
i almost threw up, John "RA" volta as Edna?! WTF!! i think i'd boycott the movie.
re: Songs That Uplift You?  Mar 8 2005, 03:37:16 AM
**WARNING:over share about to commence**
seeing cat's icon uplifted me

okay that's over....

Popular-Wicked
Good Morning and Singing in the Rain-singing in the rain
Some Fun Now-LSOH
Over the Moon and La Vie Boheme-RENT

NON MUSICAL music
Baby Got Back-Sir Mix-a-lot
Whatcha wating for?-Gwen Stefani

OY VEY!!  Jan 19 2005, 04:34:44 AM
that's almost as funny as my suggestion of Anna Nichole Smith playing Glinda

https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?boardname=bway&thread=544645#544645

re: Worst show you've seen  Jan 19 2005, 04:02:53 AM
My Community Theatre did a Production of "The Hobbit" and it was so god awful, over half the audience left at intermission. I went back to my high school to see a production of Guys and Dolls, and that show is such a hard one to screw up and i'm ashamed to even say i did this, but i walked out in the middle of Luck Be a Lady Tonight!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You