pixeltracker

Sending a Note Backstage- Page 2

Sending a Note Backstage

Jimbo2 Profile Photo
Jimbo2
#25re: Sending a Note Backstage
Posted: 6/9/05 at 8:42pm

At intermission during Wicked I gave my note to the guys in the back of the Mezz. doing the lighting and they said they would pass it along. Sure enough when I had got in through the stage door and met her she mentioned she had gotten it.

"If we don't wake up and shake the nation, we'll eat the dust of the world, wondering why...why?"

broadwaybaby77 Profile Photo
broadwaybaby77
#26re: Sending a Note Backstage
Posted: 6/9/05 at 8:54pm

My drama teacher used to teach David Bonnano, an ensemble member in LITP, and when we went to see the show, my teacher recommended leaving a note. So, we asked an usher what to do, and she said to leave it with the receptionist at the stage door. Sure enough, my name was on the list and I was on the stage for a full 7 minutes.

Even if you can't go backstage, there's no harm in trying.

-Grace

CJR
#27re: Sending a Note Backstage
Posted: 6/9/05 at 8:58pm

Receptionist? Trust me, the people at the stage door do SO much more than just answer phones and greet visitors....

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

broadwaybaby77 Profile Photo
broadwaybaby77
#28re: Sending a Note Backstage
Posted: 6/9/05 at 9:00pm

I'm not accusing the guy of being a receptionist, but the usher said specifically "go to the stage door -insert directions- and ask the receptionist to give the note to him."

I know that they do a lot of stuff, but I'm just using the name that was told to me.

-Grace

aces25 Profile Photo
aces25
#29re: Sending a Note Backstage
Posted: 6/9/05 at 9:04pm

What exactly do you say in these notes?

CJR
#30re: Sending a Note Backstage
Posted: 6/9/05 at 9:13pm

Oh I know, I just kind of gasped when I read that.... the fact that someone else who works there and knows the kind of work that person does and would call them a receptionist kinda baffles me lol

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

BroadwayLuvr Profile Photo
BroadwayLuvr
#31re: Sending a Note Backstage
Posted: 6/9/05 at 9:27pm

I'm going to see Steel Magnolias in July and would love to meet Delta Burke. For those that have been to see Steel Magnolias, do the actresses usually sign and pose for photos at the stage door?

"Be a dear, hold Mommie's waffles." ~ Edna Turnblad, Hairspray