News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwaybaby77

broadwaybaby77 Profile Photo
Member Name: broadwaybaby77
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Spiderman Injury AGAIN.
 Aug 15 2013, 11:37:56 PM
My friend was ushering at tonight's performance and he said that the lift came up for "Freak Like Me" and an ensemble member's leg was stuck between the stage and the lift. He didn't know of another incident involving a crew member.

Sending love and light to that performer and wishing for a full and speedy recovery.

Reeve Carney Leaving SPIDER-MAN
 Jul 30 2013, 02:52:11 PM
According to my friends who work at the theater Jake Epstein is also leaving in the fall...I wish he had gotten bumped up, I really like what he's doing with the role.
The Pillowman
 Mar 15 2013, 10:50:42 AM
People have actually made some weird film adaptations of his stories. I'm not sure if these are film projects independent of the play or if they've been used in productions. There are tons of these on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hZcRbw-OTQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q-gYxw5RTQ

Best Colleges to Aim For For Musical Theatre?
 Jun 17 2011, 07:47:36 PM
I agree with pretty much everything people have posted here.

In my opinion, the most important thing for you to do (in addition to visiting/doing your own research) is find someone you trust who's already gone through the process who can be objective about it all. You'll hear different things from people giving tours at the schools and parents of kids who did/didn't get in and students who did/didn't get in to 'x' school...you can hear too many opinions and it can really cloud your pers

COMPANY Screenings Are Extremely Limited
 Jun 17 2011, 09:42:16 AM
I saw it last night at a relatively large theater in Boston. By the time my friends and I arrived (half an hour before the start time), it was sold out! I had pre-ordered my ticket so I was fine but my friends were out of luck. In the theater it didn't look like they had sold out at all. I had a seat for myself, my handbag, and my coat. Stupid movie theater....

I had really mixed feelings about this production. I LOVED the NY Philharmonic; it was so nice to hear the score the way it's

New World Stages RENT Cast?
 May 29 2011, 03:13:01 PM
Last I checked (Playbill.com's job postings) they were having a call for Roger on Tuesday afternoon...I guess they found someone!

I'm very excited for this cast! I have a friend in the show and he's tremendous.

'Spring Awakening' Audition help
 May 21 2011, 10:29:44 PM
I'd say stay away from contemporary MT music. You're best off choosing a folk/pop rock song that you can connect to. Something that demonstrates that you can sing in the style of the show and also has a raw emotional element to it.

Choose a song that you like listening/rocking out to. Maybe look at some of Duncan Sheik's other music? Ben Folds, Colin Hay, something like that.

Great video on 'GBH tonite
 Jun 25 2010, 10:55:34 AM
Yay!! Greg and I go to school together and he is always a wonderful performer. He brings a lot of depth to all of the characters he plays.
Boston review [title of show] posted
 Jan 24 2010, 01:24:06 PM
I completely agree. The people I went with enjoyed it, but so much of the show left a bad taste in my mouth.

I understand the concept of casting unknowns to make the show seem more authentic, but, as a theater student in Boston, it was very discouraging to see a show with such, er...peculiar talent. I'm sure they are all very talented actors in other respects, but this show was not the right fit for any of them. I found it very comical that Heidi, the 'singer' of the bunch, sang her big

Boston review [title of show] posted
 Jan 23 2010, 01:19:12 PM
Has anyone seen this production? I went to the final dress rehearsal and I'm curious to hear other people's thoughts. I'm most specifically interested in whether or not you thought this show worked with a cast other than the originals.
re: Aaron Tveit audition for Glee?
 Nov 5 2009, 05:32:04 PM
Link, do you mean Jake Epstein? I thought that looked like him.
re: Ragtime Cast Announcement??
 Aug 27 2009, 08:48:10 AM
Stephanie Umoh was cast as Sarah.
Don't Stop Believin' - The BROADWAY 'Rock of Ages' Love Thread
 Aug 23 2009, 09:38:19 AM
I saw the show for my second time yesterday afternoon and loved it, as I predicted. I got a half-price ticket for the second row, which, in retrospect, was a mistake; I had a headache until I went to sleep that even Advil couldn't get rid of.

Everyone was in except for Adam Dannheisser, and Tad Wilson went on for him. Having seen Adam's Dennis, I was a little wary. For that role, you have to have such great timing and chemistry with Mitchell Jarvis. I was completely blown away; Tad Wils

re: Sarah in Ragtime
 Aug 7 2009, 08:27:26 PM
According to her Facebook, Stephanie Umoh was just cast as Sarah!! Yay BOCO!!
re: Alice Ripley
 Aug 7 2009, 03:58:01 PM
saveusmike, at least that video has a title now semi-explaining what it is. When that was first posted, it was unnamed and it was creepy as HELL.
re: SHREK 'Not Your Ordinary Princess' Contest
 Aug 4 2009, 08:42:57 AM
I don't? Eek. That's not good.

Edit: Fixed!

re: SHREK 'Not Your Ordinary Princess' Contest
 Aug 3 2009, 08:33:11 PM
How much of the song are us BWWers posting?
re: Beth Leavel & John Dossett to join MAMMA MIA! Sept. 22
 Jul 17 2009, 08:00:24 AM
"Does anyone else think that they will revamp the ENTIRE cast like they just did in London?? "

Apparently they're bringing in an unknown to play Sophie; a recent CAP21 grad, Alyce Wojciechowski. She and I were members of the same summer theater group and last night at whatever show they were doing, the director of the program announced that she would be playing Sophie on Broadway starting in September. My dad told me this, and he didn't specify Mamma Mia, but I'm just assuming. This the

re: 9 to 5... Country Music?
 Jul 4 2009, 06:58:00 AM
"My question is how are the seats from last row mezz?"

Depending on whether you're on the extreme sides, the last row should be fine. The show already has big sets and big performances, so you won't really miss anything.

re: THE WIZ Reviews
 Jun 18 2009, 11:01:29 PM
I saw the matinee yesterday, and it was....interesting.The audience was just a mess. There were a lot of young children in school groups in attendance yesterday, and I don't think they were told that The Wiz is a musical. Every time a song started, people groaned.

Cute unscripted moment:
Tin Man: It's just...I don't have a heart.
Little Girl in the Audience: -HUGE GASP-

The stand-outs for me were Joshua Henry as the Tin Man, James Monroe Iglehart as the Lion, and

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You