pixeltracker

About the RENT photo in Entertainment Weekly...

About the RENT photo in Entertainment Weekly...

Snaps
#0About the RENT photo in Entertainment Weekly...
Posted: 6/24/05 at 11:11am

This has been bugging me since I first looked at this lovely picture, but I'm only asking on it now because the photo's on my desktop and I don't think that anyone has asked yet.

In all of the little rooms in the photo, there is some kind of light that is, in many cases, almost too brightly lit. This doesn't apply to the room on the bottom left, where Rosario is. Is there a sort of symbolic reason for that, do you think, or did they just have enough with the lights?

"Bangarang, Rufio!" --Hook

One Song Glory
#1re: About the RENT photo in Entertainment Weekly...
Posted: 6/24/05 at 11:47am

It's probably just a coincidence.

I'm not a gay stereotype. I'm a coincidence.

incendiary_wit Profile Photo
incendiary_wit
#2re: About the RENT photo in Entertainment Weekly...
Posted: 6/24/05 at 11:50am

The room with Jesse in it is also very dark. It is probably just how the camera and lighting were positioned.

1. Ted Allen: Everyone has an interesting life if you ask the right questions.
2. Great buckets of Spoffnor, they're going to sing!
3. "I love shrubs that are historical." -Johnny and The Sprites
4. "We're not singing it to you, we're singing it for us." -Rosario Dawson, about La Vie Boheme
5. "The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours." -The History Boys
6. "Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it, feel it and pass it on. Not for me, not for you, but for someone, somewhere, one day. Pass it on, boys. That's the game I want you to learn. Pass it on." -The History Boys

Snaps
#3re: About the RENT photo in Entertainment Weekly...
Posted: 6/24/05 at 12:04pm

I assumed that it was just a coincidence, but it was cool to think that something strange was going on. It just seems weird to me that the other lights, especially those near Wilson, Taye, and Tracie were so brilliant in contrast. Ah, oh well.

"Bangarang, Rufio!" --Hook

Videos