News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Snaps

Snaps Profile Photo
Member Name: Snaps
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Boo.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Happy birthday, Anthony Rapp!!
 Oct 26 2005, 05:53:40 AM
Ahem.

Thiiiiis iiiiiis yoooour...
Birthday song!
It isn't very long.

(All punctuated with claps, of course.)

Have a very happy birthday, Anthony, and many, many happy days after.

re: How will Chris Columbus show the male-male kisses in RENT?
 Aug 27 2005, 10:21:00 PM
Art, when I see this film in cinemas, I am going to come back to this thread and laugh. When I see 'Collins' and 'Angel' very much in love, on screen, in a major motion picture, I am going to think of you, and I am going to laugh and laugh and laugh at your absolute unwillingness to see anything past your proverbial blinders. You, sir, are the hypocrite, and you are quickly painting yourself into a corner. Kindly go and stay there; the libido liberals will not get to you in your own little corne
re: Inspiring Musicals
 Jul 10 2005, 10:52:13 AM
I'll agree with Seussical, and RENT and Les Miserables without a doubt.
re: Idina tour
 Jul 8 2005, 10:34:00 PM
Hey, I'll definitely try to see her if she comes to Philly.

Whenever I see this thread, though, I ask myself why a new tour of RENT would be called 'The Idina Tour' instead of, say, 'The Maureen Tour.'

We miss you Anthony!
 Jul 5 2005, 04:10:11 PM
Incendiary_wit: I smiled at that, but I think I found it funnier that another possible suitor was John Cameron Mitchell.
re: More RENT MOVIE News (i.e. more Columbus quotes that should temper some
 Jul 2 2005, 06:35:34 PM
Wow. Has it really been a year?
re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
 Jun 29 2005, 11:07:32 PM
I think I'm going to have to second 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang;' once I hear it, it takes days to stop humming it.
re: About the RENT photo in Entertainment Weekly...
 Jun 24 2005, 12:04:18 PM
I assumed that it was just a coincidence, but it was cool to think that something strange was going on. It just seems weird to me that the other lights, especially those near Wilson, Taye, and Tracie were so brilliant in contrast. Ah, oh well.
re: Rent EW Picture
 Jun 24 2005, 12:00:53 PM
Which reminds me: it's funny to see Taye in the shirt and tie and slacks... and bright white sneakers.
About the RENT photo in Entertainment Weekly...
 Jun 24 2005, 11:11:18 AM
This has been bugging me since I first looked at this lovely picture, but I'm only asking on it now because the photo's on my desktop and I don't think that anyone has asked yet.

In all of the little rooms in the photo, there is some kind of light that is, in many cases, almost too brightly lit. This doesn't apply to the room on the bottom left, where Rosario is. Is there a sort of symbolic reason for that, do you think, or did they just have enough with the lights?

re: RENT Movie Question
 Jun 24 2005, 10:42:18 AM
But Millie's right; Wax Lion has been a very consistent learner.
 Jun 24 2005, 10:24:52 AM
Thanks for that, Wax Lion. Here's one less thing to fret over until the movie hits theaters.

I guess you're not a morning creature, though?

Jun 24 2005, 08:36:50 AM
The way I see it, they're not looking to be entirely specific, but to go for a general feel of things. While we may not see text at the start reading, "Christmas Eve, 1988," we'll be able to assume a relative time period.
re: What's so great about Seussical?
 Jun 23 2005, 11:38:15 PM
My thoughts exactly.

And I just noticed... I am going to see it professionally; it's going to be in the Philadelphia area, at the Media Theatre come this winter.

Jun 23 2005, 11:20:05 PM
Thanks, Broadway86.

"Universal" is a great word for Seussical. Children, of course, focus on the characters that they know from stories, but in the same vein, almost every child knows how it feels to be lonely or to be misunderstood, and so they can relate to the characters on a whole different level now that they're right in front of them. Adults, especially parents, seemed to understand the theme of the family, the concern for children, and the idea of just how petty violence

Jun 23 2005, 10:48:28 PM
Well-said, Shneb.
 Jun 23 2005, 10:43:33 PM
While I hear that, yes, Seussical had some major problems while it was in New York, the production put on here last summer, presumably based on the show's tour, was, in my opinion, wonderful. I personally love quite a bit of the score, and the show itself is whimsical and charming with that hint of the political that kept it from being a show aimed purely at children.

I would love to see it performed professionally, and whenever I see "A person's a person, no matter how small,"

re: RENT blog: Riot video
 Jun 22 2005, 04:36:25 PM
That was very entertaining, to say the least. Sort of like 'RENT on Speed.'

And, hoorah for Quicktime; now I can watch people instead of distorted blocks! Life is beautiful.

-Hops in line behind Wax Lion- Conga line? Count me in.

Rent setting
 Jun 22 2005, 09:40:02 AM
Maybe, just to see how long I can hold out, I'll pick the soundtrack up when it gets released and then not listen to it until I see the movie. Ouch.

Emcee, I have a feeling that "f*cking brilliant" is going to sum it up.

Rent setting
 Jun 22 2005, 08:59:24 AM
While I'd love to say that I'm going to wait until after I see the movie to buy the soundtrack [you're right; it does sound weird,] just so that I don't spoil anything, I don't think I have that kind of willpower.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You