Broadway themed shoes

Winokur_fan Profile Photo
Winokur_fan
#0Broadway themed shoes
Posted: 7/10/05 at 12:47am

So, I've been told I'm weird before, but I think I've hit new heights...

I've started buying plain white shoes from GoodWill, and am now making them Broadway themed. I take logos from shows, quotes, or just take the style from the ones in the show...I have one pair that says "*star* 2 B" on the side, then has stars all over. Anyone think this is weird? I've had a ton of people ask me where I got them. My favorite are the Tracy Turnblad Jailhouse shoes that I made...just white shoes with black stripes.

~*~Fairytales do come true~*~ Keala Settle: Aloha, Sistah! It's all good...<3<3<3

BwayLeadman
#1re: Broadway themed shoes
Posted: 7/10/05 at 5:42am

Its not weird.

BitchGoddessRising
#2re: Broadway themed shoes
Posted: 7/10/05 at 8:00am

1)congrats on hitting new heights 2)the only thing i find "weird" is the question you posed 3)white stripes can be painted on black shoes too ya know *smiles winking*... bubbles,luna

~THE SAINT BELIEVE IT~

broadway betty Profile Photo
broadway betty
#3re: Broadway themed shoes
Posted: 7/10/05 at 12:25pm

That's cool! I wish I could do that.

Last year, I bought this pair of pointy shoes that are pink with green polka dots and the actual name of the shoe style is "wicked". I wanted to wear them to the show but I can't even walk around my room in them.

"I'm the STAR!"--Daniel Reichard during Glory Daze sound check

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#4re: Broadway themed shoes
Posted: 7/10/05 at 12:30pm

Thats really cool! and GoodWill is the BEST place to buy stuff at!

I mean come on! who dosn't like GoodWill?

Winokur_fan Profile Photo
Winokur_fan
#5re: Broadway themed shoes
Posted: 7/10/05 at 1:30pm

I *heart* good will!!! Lol.

~*~Fairytales do come true~*~ Keala Settle: Aloha, Sistah! It's all good...<3<3<3

BabyJohn Profile Photo
BabyJohn
#6re: Broadway themed shoes
Posted: 7/10/05 at 2:00pm

Out Goodwill is pretty far out of town so I can't get out there much but I think that Idea is wonderful.

KRISTEN CHENOWETH To show my gratitude, I'll offer you this pointy black hat, which is just like the one Original Wicked Witch Margaret Hamilton wore in the movie! IDINA MENZEL What a great idea! How about throughout the play, you continue to offer me things like a black cloak, or a black cape, or a broom to make me look more and more like Margaret Hamilton did! These attempts at humor will be painfully predictable from a mile away! AUDIENCE collectively groans.

EganFan2
#7re: Broadway themed shoes
Posted: 7/10/05 at 3:42pm

It's a very clever idea! =)

Videos