pixeltracker

I LOVE YOU, YOU'RE PERFECT, NOW CHANGE (?)

I LOVE YOU, YOU'RE PERFECT, NOW CHANGE (?)

RentBoy86
#0I LOVE YOU, YOU'RE PERFECT, NOW CHANGE (?)
Posted: 7/11/05 at 11:14pm

Okay, just got done listening to the cast recording of "I LOVE YOU, YOU'RE PERFECT, NOW CHANGE." And I really like it. Prob. not in my top 5 of fav. cast recordings, but Its an easy listen. My fav. song is "SHOULDN'T I BE LESS IN LOVE WITH YOU?" I was wondering if anyone knew a songbook that had this song in it? I have one but it only has "THE BABY SONG" in it and I don't really like that song. Also, i was wondering if all of these songs are sketches on their own, or are they all inter-related with the previous scenes and characters. None of the characters change names throughout the show, so i was just wondering how its performed. Also, is it still being performed off-bway or did it close? thanks.

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
RentBoy86
#2re: I LOVE YOU, YOU'RE PERFECT, NOW CHANGE (?)
Posted: 7/12/05 at 12:00am

anyone seen it? is it sung through?

musicnmath
#3re: I LOVE YOU, YOU'RE PERFECT, NOW CHANGE (?)
Posted: 7/12/05 at 12:07am

definitely not sung through. Lots of acting bits with a song thrown in. Some of the scenes have no singing what so ever. There's no plot or characters...just meditations on love/dating/marriage, etc. I've seen it several times. Great show. especially on a date.

Shelley_is_batty Profile Photo
Shelley_is_batty
#4re: I LOVE YOU, YOU'RE PERFECT, NOW CHANGE (?)
Posted: 7/12/05 at 12:39am

The Contemporary Singing Actor: Men's Edition Volume 1 has "Shouldn't I be less in love with you" in it, as well as a lot of other fantastic modern men's songs

"It's really crazy backstage. Just before the show started, Elaine Stritch got into a fight with stage hand, and then inexplicably started squeezing Hugh Jackman's buttocks. And by the time they had sedated her, she had punched out two cops and was holding Norbert Leo Butz hostage, threatening to kill one of his three names." -Nathan Lane

focusingonmoviesmatt Profile Photo
focusingonmoviesmatt
#5re: I LOVE YOU, YOU'RE PERFECT, NOW CHANGE (?)
Posted: 7/12/05 at 1:08am

I walked at intermission, thank god i didn't pay for the tickets.

Parks
#6re: I LOVE YOU, YOU'RE PERFECT, NOW CHANGE (?)
Posted: 7/12/05 at 3:19am

It's my mom's favorite show. I will probably be seeing it when I return to NY.

I used Shouldn't I Be Less In Love With You for my audition for the high school musical this year.

The show is still running. Correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't it the longest running Off-Broadway show? I believe the original cast included Jennifer Simard. I love her.

There is one guy currently in it who seems to have been in it for a long time. He seems very tired of the show...he could do so much more with his character. He just walks through the show. A very disappointing performance from him. The older woman has been in the show for a while too. Her performance could be better as well. The younger 2 cast members are great though (atleast when I saw it about 4 months ago). The girl was relatively new to the show and she was hilarious.

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA
Updated On: 7/12/05 at 03:19 AM

Barihunk Profile Photo
Barihunk
#7re: I LOVE YOU, YOU'RE PERFECT, NOW CHANGE (?)
Posted: 7/12/05 at 8:57am

Parks - Perfect/Change is not the longest running Off-Broadway show. "The Fantasticks" at 17,162 performances will probably always hold that title. For shows still running I think "A Perfect Crime" has "Perfect/Change" beat at over 7,000 and counting...

"When you're a gay man, you have to feel good about yourself when a urologist says, "Yeah. I pick you". - Happy Endings

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#8re: I LOVE YOU, YOU'RE PERFECT, NOW CHANGE (?)
Posted: 7/12/05 at 9:23am

i loved this show!!! so funny!!!!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Parks
#9re: I LOVE YOU, YOU'RE PERFECT, NOW CHANGE (?)
Posted: 7/12/05 at 1:04pm

Woops...my bad. re: I LOVE YOU, YOU'RE PERFECT, NOW CHANGE (?)

Is it the longest *currently running* running show for Off-B'way?

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

RentBoy86
#10re: I LOVE YOU, YOU'RE PERFECT, NOW CHANGE (?)
Posted: 7/12/05 at 2:37pm

thanks shelley, i'll look that songbook up. thanks.

Videos