pixeltracker

How are the Orchestra Seats in Shubert Theatre?

How are the Orchestra Seats in Shubert Theatre?

ThatsBarfee
#0How are the Orchestra Seats in Shubert Theatre?
Posted: 8/5/05 at 9:54pm

First time going to Shubert and I'm wondering how the orchestra seats are. I've read enough on mezzanine and balcony but I want to know how good left orchestra and right orchestra are and if there are any obstructed views?

apdarcey
#1re: How are the Orchestra Seats in Shubert Theatre?
Posted: 8/5/05 at 9:57pm

i've sat in the back of orchestra left... they're fine... not much leg room.

ThatsBarfee
#2re: How are the Orchestra Seats in Shubert Theatre?
Posted: 8/5/05 at 9:59pm

Ok, thanks, I have a seat in row Q of left so I was wondering. Thanks.

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#3re: How are the Orchestra Seats in Shubert Theatre?
Posted: 8/6/05 at 1:12am

You can sit in the last row and be fine. Just don't sit way off to the sides (especially up front). Those are partial view.

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

broadwaygiant19122 Profile Photo
broadwaygiant19122
#4re: How are the Orchestra Seats in Shubert Theatre?
Posted: 8/6/05 at 1:17am

SO ROW S CENTER IS MORE THAN DECENT THEN?

TheaterBaby
#5re: How are the Orchestra Seats in Shubert Theatre?
Posted: 8/6/05 at 1:20am

I think so. I know some prefer to be closer, but I've sat in row T (I believe that is the last row in Orchestra?) in the Shubert and been content.

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

broadwaygiant19122
#6re: How are the Orchestra Seats in Shubert Theatre?
Posted: 8/6/05 at 1:25am

well i'd love to be closer, but these were hard as hell to get as it was... Spamalot looks unstoppable.

broadwaygiant19122
#7re: How are the Orchestra Seats in Shubert Theatre?
Posted: 8/6/05 at 1:30am

the overhang isn't too out of control is it? i ask cuz im ubertall as the name would lead you to believe. i was at the last perf of Gypsy but sat in row M right orch , and didn't have to worry about any of this.

TheaterBaby
#8re: How are the Orchestra Seats in Shubert Theatre?
Posted: 8/6/05 at 1:32am

I'm 5"10, so no?

The sound is not as great being under there, but it's still fine.

I went to get tickets for Spamalot yesterday for a friend, and they were sold out of Orchestra and Mezzanine until next year.

broadwaygiant19122
#9re: How are the Orchestra Seats in Shubert Theatre?
Posted: 8/6/05 at 1:35am

yeah im 6'8, well if i remember correctly, it wasn't a HUGE theater...and i feel lucky enough to have tickets.im more concerned about sightlines, doesnt look like that will be too bad, . and just out of curiosity, if i'm somewhat familiar with the cast recording, that doesn't give away the whole show does it?

broadwaygiant19122
TheaterBaby
#11re: How are the Orchestra Seats in Shubert Theatre?
Posted: 8/6/05 at 2:15am

I haven't seen the entire show. I can't even answer the question.

Cabchic
#12re: How are the Orchestra Seats in Shubert Theatre?
Posted: 8/6/05 at 12:41pm

I don't think you can fully appreciate the cast recording until you've seen the show as there are sight gags to go along with most of the songs. I don't think listening to it will ruin too many spoilers, but I saw the show before hearing it so harder to say.

broadwaygiant19122
#13re: How are the Orchestra Seats in Shubert Theatre?
Posted: 8/6/05 at 1:01pm

hey thats great, im glad to hear it. i assumed there were plentyo of visual gagsand design concepts, etc which didn't come across with the cast recording, nice to have that assuaged though. im looking forward to the show more and more!.

Videos