THE SEATS IN THE PIAZZA

broadwaygiant19122 Profile Photo
broadwaygiant19122
#0THE SEATS IN THE PIAZZA
Posted: 8/10/05 at 12:21am

I saw Piazza about 3 three months ago courtesy of studenttix. i sat row f dead center, seat 300 something, literally dead center. I will be returning to see it next week, and am sitting in the left orch, 100 something., how is the view from the left orch? ami just spoiled cuz of the great seat, or am i actually going to be missing stuff.. i know its not partial view, but concerned nonetheless.

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#1re: THE SEATS IN THE PIAZZA
Posted: 8/10/05 at 12:24am

It has been said NUMEROUS times, and I'll say it once more: there are NO bad seats in the Beaumont. Very intimate theatre, and the structure being short and wide. And the seats are comfy. re: THE SEATS IN THE PIAZZA

Left orchestra is great. It's been said the cast tends to play to the left moreso than the right, so just go and enjoy again. re: THE SEATS IN THE PIAZZA

This is my signature.

#2re: THE SEATS IN THE PIAZZA
Posted: 8/10/05 at 12:25am

Wow... great English grammer. re: THE SEATS IN THE PIAZZA

Left side, if you are close to the aisle... the seats are perfect. The actors have a tendency to go to teh left side of the stage in this musical, so your seats are perfect. I've sat on the left hand side, and I absolutely loved it.

broadwaygiant19122
#3re: THE SEATS IN THE PIAZZA + AND THEN SOME
Posted: 8/10/05 at 12:35am

GREAT!! I AM RELIEVED!! ONE LAST QUESTION: I know that Victoria Clark will be out this week, has anybody seen her understudy perform? As I understand , it is the same actress who plays Fabrizio's mother.

#4re: THE SEATS IN THE PIAZZA + AND THEN SOME
Posted: 8/10/05 at 12:36am

She's great as Fabrizio's mother.
Very powerful singer... at one point her microphone turned off during Aiutami, but she didn't need it.

broadwaygiant19122
#5re: THE SEATS IN THE PIAZZA + AND THEN SOME
Posted: 8/10/05 at 12:37am

OH i completely agree, she was fantastic as Fabrizio's mother. I was just wondering if she has performed as Margaret, perhaps when Clark took time off to record the cast recording.(kinda redundant)

melynnee
#6re: THE SEATS IN THE PIAZZA
Posted: 8/10/05 at 12:38am

I may have to argue a teeny-tiny bit on the no bad seats thing. In Piazza they use the back of the stage a few times, so in my seat (which was stage right, front row of the mezzanine, or loge as it said on my ticket, all the way on the end) you didn't really see all of the set or all of the action in back, but, obviously, they try to make it so that you won't miss anything important, which I assume I didn't. I may have had the ONLY bad seat in the entire place! But I do love the theatre for how intimate it is. But your seats sound great, and I didn't answer the question at all. Whoops!

#7re: THE SEATS IN THE PIAZZA + AND THEN SOME
Posted: 8/10/05 at 12:39am

I believe she has performed as Margaret before... but I can't really vouch for that because I've never seen her as Margaret in Piazza.

EDIT: I agree with you mel... I think that being on the extreme right or extreme left wouldn't be the best of seats either. But if you are in the low 100's your seats should be perfect. I'm assuming that sometimes set pieces get in your way, and it's harder to see because the actors aren't technically facing you when your on an extreme side. Updated On: 8/10/05 at 12:39 AM

broadwaygiant19122
#8re: THE SEATS IN THE PIAZZA + AND THEN SOME
Posted: 8/10/05 at 12:39am

haha thanks thats ok.

broadwaygiant19122
#9re: THE SEATS IN THE PIAZZA + AND THEN SOME
Posted: 8/10/05 at 12:42am

anybody got the buzz on Mrs. Nacarelli?

broadwaygiant19122