pixeltracker

Into the Woods Mysterious Man Question

Into the Woods Mysterious Man Question

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#0Into the Woods Mysterious Man Question
Posted: 8/20/05 at 6:15pm

Hey guys! Was the character of the Narrator/Mysterious Man expanded in the 2002 revival of Into the Woods?

I'm just wondering because John McMartin was nominated not as Best Featured Actor but as Best Actor in a musical for what I perceived as a relatively small role.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#1re: Into the Woods Mysterious Man Question
Posted: 8/20/05 at 6:47pm

Not really. he played the "birds" but that's about it. I think it was just because he's John McMartin.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

brdwyman Profile Photo
brdwyman
#2re: Into the Woods Mysterious Man Question
Posted: 8/20/05 at 6:49pm

I think he had a really good part. Yes, the mysterious man wasnt a big part, but narrator was

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#3re: Into the Woods Mysterious Man Question
Posted: 8/20/05 at 6:50pm

One of the the most screwed over performers as far as Tony Awards go, in Tony history.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#4re: Into the Woods Mysterious Man Question
Posted: 8/20/05 at 7:21pm

We saw Broadway's lost treasures three recently on PBS and from the number they did on the Tonys the year of the revival, it does seem that they beefed up the role for McMartin. He sang more than the Narrator in the original production. Of course, that may have only been for that number on the Tony's and not in the actual production (sometimes they do that for that brief presentation). I didn't see the revival, but I've always wanted to play The Narrator/Mysterious man - so I know the role fairly well, based on the original production.

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

Videos