audition songs

stokesrocks Profile Photo
stokesrocks
#0 audition songs
Posted: 8/23/05 at 9:43am

Does anyone know any good thrilling pop/rock songs for a lower range tenor? The song should be contemporary.

apdarcey
#1re: audition songs
Posted: 8/23/05 at 11:46am

well, if you can get the sheet music, petrified from taboo is absolutely always thrilling to me, and it's not high until the end...

but i'm coming up short on other "thrilling pop/rock songs" at the moment.

HamletWasBipolar Profile Photo
HamletWasBipolar
#2re: audition songs
Posted: 8/23/05 at 2:34pm

All depends on your definition of thrilling, but "Where I Want to Be" is nice quick uptempo for bari-tenors from the musical "Chess". ALso if you can do "Anthem" from Chess well,(key word being well....definition of well=able to make the auditors look up abrupttly and actually LOOK at your credits) that can definitely be thrilling for a bari-tenor. WIth the exception of one audition, I have always gotten cast with that.

" I wish that the stage were as narrow as a tightrope wire, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." -- Goethe (he wants you to go to my Myspace page www.myspace.com/jasonklemm

apdarcey
#3re: audition songs
Posted: 8/23/05 at 11:03pm

oh i love anthem... i use it a lot!

stage_door76 Profile Photo
stage_door76
#4re: audition songs
Posted: 8/24/05 at 3:35am

anthem is a great choice

alternatively, you should look to the scores of larson's rent and tick, tick...BOOM for some great lower tenor rock orientated songs

also, we will rock you has some good things, if you look into the songs that the kashoggi sings, although they're predominately bari-tenor-esque.

i had like three other songs to tell you about and i've COMPLETELY forgotten them...ah! they're gone from my memory

how frustrating
sorry

"...But Kungurtseva reels off multiple fouettes and the tape is stopped so she can take a bow. The Jester, an abomination introduced to Swan Lake in Soviet times, extorts applause from the audience. The cuts don't help the storytelling, the production is bare bones and they go for the '50s-style happy ending. The audience cheers like mad at the end. It's the Russian ballet, after all..."

Videos