Miracle Brothers, why?

crazy smiles Profile Photo
crazy smiles
#0Miracle Brothers, why?
Posted: 10/3/05 at 4:06am

This past Friday I went and saw Miracle Brothers. I guess I should've read reviews, or something from this board because I was so disappointed. I love Kerry Butler, and Taylor Maynard, and many others in the cast, but great voices aside this story just isn't good. I thought it was going to be more dramatic than random goofy segements of jokes. They just placed so many things in and then left certain things out. Like the mothers are in for most of the 1st half but you hardly see them in the second. And, then the random sexual funnies they place in. So, much over acting, so many jokes that bombed. I have to say Anika Larsen was a bit funny, even though her part was a little thrown in there. The dolphins were pretty funny and a kind of a highlight of the show, but just a little annoying at times. I don't know the material just flops and I just sit there wondering why are these great people in this show? And some of the songs are good, but none are memorable. Like I felt they dragged too long. I can remember the Capueta part, but nothing else. I can see that they all work very hard in this show, so I give them credit for that. Just after I came from this show I thought why did I see this? Of course it was for the actors. I basically just have to shake my head to this. Great voices, bad material.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#1re: Miracle Brothers, why?
Posted: 10/3/05 at 11:24am

The show was created just to piss you off, crazy. re: Miracle Brothers, why?

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

kidmanboy Profile Photo
kidmanboy
#2re: Miracle Brothers, why?
Posted: 10/3/05 at 11:30am

I saw the show a second time on Saturday and still absolutely love it. Love the score, love the staging, love that it's having fun but still saying something, and i love the unique world it creates for itself. To each his own.

Up In Lost
#3re: Miracle Brothers, why?
Posted: 10/3/05 at 11:38am

I was supposed to see it last Tuesday, but they cancelled it, and so I'm seeing it a week from tomorrow.

Well, I'm glad he got away with it.

Videos