pixeltracker

Willaims College Theatre Program

Willaims College Theatre Program

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#0Willaims College Theatre Program
Posted: 10/8/05 at 6:00pm

Hello.

Has anyone heard anything positive about (or actually attended, or know someone who attended) the Williams College Theatre Program in Williamstown, MA? I went there to look at the school and they built this AMAZZZING new theatre complex.

Then, I went to an informational session and everyone stood up and said what they were interested in. I was the only one that brought up theatre. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy and the tour guide wasn't very informative. He said VERY few kids do theatre there, but why would they need such a great new facility if it is underused?

I have heard that Williamstown is a pretty great theatre town and great for summer stock/student theatre/professional theatre etc.

Any help?

thanks! Willaims College Theatre Program

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#1re: Willaims College Theatre Program
Posted: 10/8/05 at 6:11pm

bump?

AlienOnBroadway
#2re: Willaims College Theatre Program
Posted: 10/8/05 at 6:11pm

Here's you a few alums in this article:
https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=5240

It's possible that they have the snazzy new facility in order to entice theatre majors. I really don't know that much about it all. But I know that I think William Finn and Sebastian Arcelus are both extremely talented.

erinrebecca
#3re: Willaims College Theatre Program
Posted: 10/8/05 at 6:17pm

Williams is an excellent college but it's theatre program is very small. I only know a couple of kids who visited and researched it and from what I've heard, the courses offered are a variety of performance related, theory, history, tech, and direction. Because of the small size of the program, all courses are not offered every year which could present a problem. Its program has a very classical orientation, which you can see from the type of productions it does. The new '62 Centre for Theatre and Dance is not exclusively for the use of Williams students. It is primarily for professional productions and that's why it's there. :)

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#4re: Willaims College Theatre Program
Posted: 10/8/05 at 6:18pm

Awesome! Thank you. re: Willaims College Theatre Program

Why did I even leave home...I should have just posted this here! :-P

erinrebecca
#5re: Willaims College Theatre Program
Posted: 10/8/05 at 6:20pm

Yes, Bill Finn and Sebastian Arcelus are both talented but neither was a theatre major at Williams. :)

AlienOnBroadway
#6re: Willaims College Theatre Program
Posted: 10/8/05 at 6:26pm

Namffug,
Maybe you should go there and major in theatre and start it all up and become THE big star!
You never know...

Videos