pixeltracker

So, Sweeney Todd has a Monday show?

So, Sweeney Todd has a Monday show?

peach
#0So, Sweeney Todd has a Monday show?
Posted: 10/12/05 at 4:14pm

Fancy that, here I am thinking "Rent or Chicago - AGAIN?" because my next NYC business trip has me in town on a Monday night AGAIN.

Imagine my surprise and delight when I found out Sweeney Todd has a Monday evening performance! Oh, this day is turning out to be a good one.

Guess that answers which show I'll see next trip....

EDIT: And yes, it is before the schedule change in November... Updated On: 10/12/05 at 04:14 PM

lamentingenvelope Profile Photo
lamentingenvelope
#1re: So, Sweeney Todd has a Monday show?
Posted: 10/12/05 at 4:18pm

Really?? Oh, goody. That means I'll have to give up my traditional Monday evening show of Forbidden Broadway the next time I'm in the city but for Sondheim and Cerveris... it's worth it.

peach
#2re: So, Sweeney Todd has a Monday show?
Posted: 10/12/05 at 4:22pm

See my edit above - bummer. The schedule changes on November 7. Regular dark Monday beginning then. But, I'll be there before then, so I'm in the clear.

But next time, now I know I can see Forbidden Broadway on Monday, thanks for the tip, envelope.

Seems I am always in NYC on Mondays, which wreaks havoc on my theatre habit...

Mark in Oakland
#3re: So, Sweeney Todd has a Monday show?
Posted: 10/12/05 at 6:44pm

I may be wrong, but it seems like several shows are performing on Monday evenings during their previews period, & then reverting to a Monday dark schedule once they open. My guess is that they do this because there are very few other shows performing on Mondays so there's less competition for an audience.

AnothaPartofMe
#4re: So, Sweeney Todd has a Monday show?
Posted: 10/12/05 at 6:48pm

Usually while shows are in previews they have a Monday show, as they rehearse on Sunday instead of having a show.

And if she'll say, "My darling, I'm yours!" I'll throw away my striped tie and my best pressed tweed, all I really need is the girl...

Chrysanthemum62001
#5re: So, Sweeney Todd has a Monday show?
Posted: 10/12/05 at 6:49pm

That's awesome! I think you'll really enjoy the production.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

QMAN03 Profile Photo
QMAN03
#6re: So, Sweeney Todd has a Monday show?
Posted: 10/12/05 at 7:57pm

It stinks. You should goo see Rent again.

Videos