News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lamentingenvelope

lamentingenvelope Profile Photo
Member Name: lamentingenvelope
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.livejournal.com/~_still_here
Blog Address: http://lamentingenvelope.broadwayworld.com/
Profile: I am one of those awful obsessing teenagers. I'm sorry.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hilarious Comments...  Oct 27 2007, 12:04:53 PM
broadwaytourist: There is a Curves Broadway tape! It's hysterically awful. Everything is disco-remixed.
re: The Glorious Ones  Aug 18 2007, 02:41:59 PM
Through about the WEIRDEST glitch I've ever experienced, my last post somehow got posted under ray-andallthatjazz86's account. ??? Has that ever happened to anyone else?

Anyway, my post simply elaborated on ashley's with character names:

Marc Kudisch - Flaminio Scala
Natalie Venetia Belcon - Columbina
Erin Davie - Isabella Andreini
John Kassir - Dottore
David Patrick Kelly - Pantalone
Julyana Soelistyo - Armanda Ragusa
Jeremy Webb - Francesco Andreini

re: I feel like the most ignorant Broadway fan ever.  Jun 14 2007, 08:57:36 PM
Well, I'll offer my story as consolation, I didn't know there was a Broadway cast recording until I'd already purchased the Off-Broadway cast. I'd go buy the Broadway one but unfortunately I'm not made of money.

Oh well. Somehow, I think I'll survive.

re: The 2003-2007 BWW Tony Awards  Jun 11 2007, 06:22:25 PM
This looks fun, I'll play, though I'm not exactly qualified.

Best Play
Doubt

Best Musical
Hairspray

Best Book of a Musical
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

Best Original Score
The Light in the Piazza

Best Revival of a Play
Journey's End

Best Revival of a Musical
Company

Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Play
Richard Griffiths - The History Boys

Best Performance by a Leading A

re: Our thoughts are with Audra....  May 2 2007, 06:51:42 AM
This is horrible, how absolutely heartbreaking. My thoughts are certainly with her and her family.
re: Pittsburgh 2007-2008 Season Announced!  Apr 23 2007, 06:30:50 AM
I'm subscribing, but I can't understand why they would put Sweeney at Heinz Hall. It's going to eat it up like it did Spelling Bee. It may have eaten up Sweet Charity as well, only I can't recall because I think I fell asleep during that one.
re: Shows you were in that you Hated  Apr 22 2007, 11:27:46 PM
I'll also chime in with High School Musical. I was a cheerleader. Never I have dreaded rehearsals for a show so much. The audiences loved it though.
re: 'The Glorious Ones' is Terrific  Apr 22 2007, 11:23:14 PM
I'm seeing it on the first Wednesday in May. and probably again after that. I'm so excited for this show.
re: how old were you when you were first allowed to see shows/go into the c  Mar 10 2007, 06:01:42 AM
I would say bring your dad, then he can pay for stuff.
re: In Rehearsal Video: Lea Salonga Joins Les Miserables as Fantine!!!  Mar 3 2007, 04:05:50 PM
Wow, she sounds incredible...! I wish I could go see her, looks fantastic.
re: Piazza in Pittsburgh  Feb 22 2007, 02:35:26 PM
I'm seeing it tonight! Looking forward to it a lot.
re: Sweet Charity 2005 Revival: What Went Wrong?  Feb 20 2007, 06:30:51 AM
The sets, lighting, and costumes were far too "Hey, weren't the 60s fun?" The choreography was... well there aren't really any words for it. Talented cast - I thought Christina was great - but the whole production seemed more focused on a kind of "Isn't this show cute!" mentality rather than telling the story. It felt depersonalized. It was a fun few hours but not much else.
re: Most Unprofessional Thing You've Done as a performer!  Feb 18 2007, 11:08:56 PM
Called people while onstage during the cell phone number of High School Musical.
re: Ahrens & Flaherty's The Glorious Ones'  Dec 5 2006, 10:32:06 PM
It is at the O'Reilly, at the Pittsburgh Public Theatre. And I am so excited. I've heard one song from it, "I Was Here," sung by Philip Quast on his CD and it is fantastic. Can't waitttt.
re: PIG FARM opens in L.A.  Oct 9 2006, 01:34:19 PM
I loved Pig Farm. I understand that I am in the minority with that sentiment though.
re: Pittsburgh CLO to produce High School Musical....  Sep 21 2006, 06:35:34 AM
The CLO has slipped so far downhill... their last few seasons have just been... lame. Dear fellow Pittsburghers: go to the Public instead!

Oh and also, I go to the high school in that article mentioned as doing it. So, uhm, yeah, my school is doing it too. Only not in the spring like that article says.

re: PIPPIN  Sep 11 2006, 04:16:19 PM
I adore Pippin... though not the part where "trifiling" and "life-a-ling" are rhymed.
re: What comedy also made you cry?  Sep 3 2006, 12:47:15 PM
SDav, the first thing I thought of when seeing this thread was the end of Drowsy... so no, that is not stupid. Well, if it is stupid, you are least not alone in being stupid. I know exactly what you mean... I teared up a little bit too.
re: Goodbye DRS  Sep 3 2006, 11:17:09 AM
Goodbye, Scoundrels! You didn't move me to tears (except through laughter once or twice) and you didn't change the world or revolutionize theatre as we know it, but you were a fun, entertaining show and that's a good thing too. You'll be missed.
re: FAREWELL SWEENEY TODD!  Sep 3 2006, 11:11:26 AM
It's honestly not that often where you see a revival of show that doesn't just copy what worked from the original. Revivals of shows that I've seen before were wonderful, yes, but none really got me to look at the show in a different way... to consider a different aspect, to challenge my preconcieved notions, the way Sweeney did.

The actor/musician aspect was not only fascinating to watch (I loved to see the seemless transitions whenever one person switched with another on the piano,

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You