Fantastiks Summary

ALWrules Profile Photo
ALWrules
#0Fantastiks Summary
Posted: 11/19/05 at 12:41pm

Hey, I just started listening to "The Fantastiks" and am enjoying, but am unsure about the story completely. Could someone either give me a link to a site with musical synopsises or give me a brief summary?

Keep your morals, I don't have time. Keep your lovers, I'm changing mine! -The Likes of Us

EadieWasALady Profile Photo
EadieWasALady
#1re: Fantastiks Summary
Posted: 11/19/05 at 5:11pm

I believe itis about two young people who fall in love but their parents want to keep them apart. I never saw it. Barbara Streisant sings some songs from it, that much I know.

tz0o
#2re: Fantastiks Summary
Posted: 11/19/05 at 6:09pm

Well, not exactly. Basically, two fathers pretend to feud so that their son and daughter will fall in love with eachother (Forbidden fruit, the show explains), so after the deed is done, they hire an acting troupe to stage a rape (NOT in a sexual sense, rather, in a taking-the-person-away sense) so that the son can save the daughter and so their "feud" can end.

In act two, however, things start falling apart for both families. And that's all I'm gonna say, 'cause I want to encourage people to see the show for themselves, ok?

You insult me, I ignore you. That's how the system works around here.

GClef2 Profile Photo
GClef2
#3re: Fantastiks Summary
Posted: 11/19/05 at 7:11pm

Yes. This show is definetly innovative, with great music. It is one of my favorites, definetly see it!

"The only way we live beyond our lives is to connect and carve ourselves into the souls of those we love." -Little Fish

Dollypop
#4re: Fantastiks Summary
Posted: 11/19/05 at 7:15pm

I will "definetly" see it as soon as I can!!!!!!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Videos