A Day in Hollywood...

Gothampc
#0A Day in Hollywood...
Posted: 12/23/05 at 8:29am

...A Night in the Ukraine

It is time for a revival of this show. It's a great little show that could be easily produced. It's an enjoyable show that everyone would love. Plus, its small ensemble would allow it to introduce a whole new set of performers to Broadway.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

diva007
#1re: A Day in Hollywood...
Posted: 12/23/05 at 9:07am

I love this show. I played the Harpo part in college and I had so much fun! It is by far my favorite show I have ever done.

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#2re: A Day in Hollywood...
Posted: 12/23/05 at 9:09am

It is a sweet show, and I still remember the audible gasp in the theatre when the curtain went up on Tony Walton's stunning red, black and gold mansion set for Ukraine in Act Two.

Still, I think a lot of the show's success was due to Tommy Tune's inventive direction and co-choreography. Not sure whether his contribution to that show can be topped by anyone else working today.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Gothampc
#3re: A Day in Hollywood...
Posted: 12/23/05 at 10:00am

"Not sure whether his contribution to that show can be topped by anyone else working today."

Good point. I'm not even sure if he could do the same quality of work he did back then. We'll have to see when Dr. Doolittle rolls in.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

roquat
#4re: A Day in Hollywood...
Posted: 12/23/05 at 10:01am

Count me in. This tiny, charming show is more dazzling than half a dozen current overproduced Broadway "blockbusters." And it really does need a revival, before everyone who would get the movie jokes is gone.

I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."

Jon
#5re: A Day in Hollywood...
Posted: 12/23/05 at 1:50pm

If it's revived, it MUST use Tune's original staging and Tony Walton's sets.

TimeSuckage
#6re: A Day in Hollywood...
Posted: 12/23/05 at 3:49pm

I think this is a delightful show, but I don't see the point in reviving it. It's very fluffy and fun but it wasn't a big enough hit to be revived just because and doesn't seem to have any particular relevance to the times we live in and doesn't have a big smashing lead role to seduce a star to pull in audiences and doesn't need a creative overhaul by a Sam Mendes or David Leveaux type.

~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~
#7re: A Day in Hollywood...
Posted: 12/23/05 at 4:34pm

I actually did this show a year ago and I played Nina....it is simply fantastic. There are so many priceless jokes in it that leave your sides splitting, and as much as I would love to see it revived...I dont think it would do well being revived.
Sad to say...

You've gotta have heart AND music
Updated On: 12/23/05 at 04:34 PM

Videos