pixeltracker

LESTAT march 11 preview CANCELLED?

LESTAT march 11 preview CANCELLED?

aces25 Profile Photo
aces25
#0LESTAT march 11 preview CANCELLED?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 6:44pm

Okay I've got tickets for the first preview in NYC.. what are the odds of this rough show being cancelled?

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#1re: LESTAT march 11 preview CANCELLED?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 6:49pm

I'm not a betting man but I would bet 10 to 1 that this show will be cancelled/postponed.

Having seen the show in San Francisco, I can tell you that it needs a complete re-tooling. Direction, score and book all need SERIOUS work.

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

aces25 Profile Photo
aces25
#2re: LESTAT march 11 preview CANCELLED?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:53pm

bump

#3re: LESTAT march 11 preview CANCELLED?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 8:38pm

Such negative energy people! Geez. If it doesn't cancel/postpone then good for them and if it it does then that's too bad. We shall wait and see. I'm hoping for the best. I hate seeing ANY musical fail.

~Rosalynn

bwayondabrain
#4re: LESTAT march 11 preview CANCELLED?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 8:43pm

yeah, my sis needs to write to hugh (cuz shes dying to) so yeah, this musical can not fail!
and it cant fail cuz eveyrone will go out of work!! and lose money!
re: LESTAT march 11 preview CANCELLED?
*crosses fingers for lestat the hopeful vampire musical*

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#5re: LESTAT march 11 preview CANCELLED?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 9:36pm

It's not like she can't write to him at the Curran right now if she really wants to.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

#6re: LESTAT march 11 preview CANCELLED?
Posted: 1/8/06 at 10:10pm

That is true. Hugh has requested that fanmail be sent to the Curran for the SF run. Just don't bombard with TOO much mail at once...he's a rather busy guy at the moment. LOL! :)

~Rosalynn

LilBwayLady Profile Photo
LilBwayLady
#7re: LESTAT march 11 preview CANCELLED?
Posted: 1/9/06 at 1:03am

They wont cancel it while its still in the NYC previews especially the first day....and i dont care what anyone says the show is great....the show has to open before they close it so if it even does close right away (unlikly) it wont be until april

"A new chance, one that maybe has a touch of romance" -Jekyll & Hyde

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#8re: LESTAT march 11 preview CANCELLED?
Posted: 1/9/06 at 1:44am

First previews have been cancelled before for other shows. If it happens, it's not unprecedented.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

CaTheatreGirl Profile Photo
CaTheatreGirl
#9re: LESTAT march 11 preview CANCELLED?
Posted: 1/9/06 at 1:46am

I had tickets for the first preview in SF and half expected the performance might be cancelled because it wasn't ready, but the show went on as planned. It needs work, but I still found Lestat interesting. I'll give it a chance and hopefully, it'll be ready for the first scheduled previews in NY.

LilBwayLady Profile Photo
LilBwayLady
#10re: LESTAT march 11 preview CANCELLED?
Posted: 1/9/06 at 11:20pm

its unlikly

"A new chance, one that maybe has a touch of romance" -Jekyll & Hyde

Videos