News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CaTheatreGirl

CaTheatreGirl Profile Photo
Member Name: CaTheatreGirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: CAMP BROADWAY in THANKSGIVING PARADE  Nov 22 2007, 12:54:27 PM
On the NBC telecast, dressed in various colored outfits (red, blue, green, yellow, black). Pulled out ribbons and waved them near the end of their number. Cute and lively.
re: CAMP BROADWAY in THANKSGIVING PARADE  Nov 22 2007, 12:42:36 PM
Yep! Right at the beginning.
re: Hotel recommendations needed  May 22 2007, 01:12:24 AM
My friends and I have often stayed at the Milford Plaza. Not fancy, but the right price and convenient. We book through Expedia.com. This week I was trying to make reservations for three friends going to NY in June. Outrageously high prices. Nothing available at the Milford Plaza. Tried Edison, but nothing for one of the days of their visit. I saw this site: HotelConXions.com and got a great rate for a triple for them. Phew! Maybe you can find lodging at a reasonable rate on the site,
re: JERSEY BOYS on Leno TONIGHT!  Mar 20 2007, 08:33:07 PM
I saw the show on Broadway and the SF show. SF show was just as good and I had an excellent center orchestra seat close to the stage. I loved both shows. I saw Jarrod at the Wed. matinee and he was fabulous. Reminded me a lot of JLY! A real cutie. It was nice to see the guys on The Tonight Show, but not representative of their excellent performance on stage.
re: JERSEY BOYS SAN FRANCISCO PRESALE  Sep 10 2006, 11:30:46 PM
Knowing the cast would be nice, but at least I saw the original cast in NY -- and no one was out that night!
re: JERSEY BOYS SAN FRANCISCO PRESALE  Sep 10 2006, 11:02:10 PM
You have to move fast! I went on line right away at 10 a.m. and got my four center orchestra seats for the first of my choice of days. I tried for a second pair for another day a few minutes later and didn't fare as well. Mezzanine on first search, but Row R Center Orchestra for the second choice. Those tickets are a gift and the recipient is fine with the seats.

I keep my Gold Card mainly for moments like this.

re: JERSEY BOYS SAN FRANCISCO PRESALE  Sep 10 2006, 09:24:56 PM
I had to settle for the back of the Mezzanine in NY in May, but bought seats for January 17 in Row B Center Orchestra. Much better.
re: Anyone seeing ACL on Sunday??  Jul 19 2006, 10:17:36 PM
August 12 and 30
There's always shopping  Jun 24 2006, 02:11:44 PM
Buy a $5 umbrella on any street corner in NY when it's raining and keep on doing what you want to do!
re: Anyone going to LESTAT's first previews?  Mar 25 2006, 10:30:33 PM
I'll be curious to read posts on the previews and compare Lestat to when I saw it in San Francisco. However, that was so long ago -- before Christmas -- so I hope I'll remember how it was originally.
re: What's the most you've paid for a ticket?  Jan 23 2006, 10:50:58 AM
And I will be reimbursed for what I paid. Then my record payment will be for the numerous tickets I've bought for $100 and on line charges. That's enough to pay right there!
re: What's the most you've paid for a ticket?  Jan 23 2006, 10:37:57 AM
I think I just did a few minutes ago -- $113.10 for The Odd Couple through Ticketmaster for a first row seat.
re: LESTAT march 11 preview CANCELLED?  Jan 9 2006, 01:46:25 AM
I had tickets for the first preview in SF and half expected the performance might be cancelled because it wasn't ready, but the show went on as planned. It needs work, but I still found Lestat interesting. I'll give it a chance and hopefully, it'll be ready for the first scheduled previews in NY.
re: Why is 'The Producers' Popular?  Jan 8 2006, 11:22:56 PM
Oh, Eddie! Wasn't that night at The Producers so much fun?! We were laughing so hard, we did affect the cast and it was far from the first time either of us had seen the show. I'm sure they loved people like us in the audience.
re: Why is 'The Producers' Popular?  Jan 8 2006, 11:05:15 PM
You know, Eddie my dear, that I totally agree with your assessment of The Producers. Haven't we enjoyed many a smile upon leaving the theater?!
re: Going to NY...  Jan 5 2006, 09:24:28 PM
If you're going to be traveling by air to get to NY, you should look for an air/hotel package deal on Expedia. If you're traveling with another person or two, you can save a lot. Prices vary depending on the flight and hotel you choose.
re: Winter Quarter Issue of 'Show People'  Dec 21 2005, 07:00:41 PM
Interview article with a lot of photos.
re: first preview of Lestat..any news?  Dec 20 2005, 05:40:13 PM
jarretSF, I'll look forward to your future review of Lestat if you see it again. I'm not sure I'll see it again in SF, but might in NY if I hear enough changes for the good have been made. I quite in agreement with your review and am glad you cleared up the questions about sets. I thought the one of the 'home' where most of scenes with Claudia took place was especially exquisite.
re: What's the Broadway show you've seen most?  Dec 20 2005, 05:26:41 PM
The Producers and The Phantom of the Opera. Both more than 10 times each over a number of years and in various cities across the US. I've lost count and would rather not remember exactly how many times it was.

re: first preview of Lestat..any news?  Dec 18 2005, 04:36:49 PM
I saw the first preview performance last night. The director spoke before it started and warned us that they were still working out set and costume changes. There didn't seem to be any big problems.

Unfortunately, I haven't read Ann Rice nor seen the movies based on her books, but the show was interesting and there were some incredible voices. Carolee Carmello got the biggest ovation after Crimson Kiss. The young girl who plays Claudie is quite impressive. Hugh Panaro -- great! Se

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You