pixeltracker

Lauren Molina and Nick Cearley in Most Overdone Songs!

Lauren Molina and Nick Cearley in Most Overdone Songs!

queeniewuzaredhead Profile Photo
queeniewuzaredhead
#0Lauren Molina and Nick Cearley in Most Overdone Songs!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 9:46pm

Ok, you guys, seriously, ever since i saw Lauren in Sweeney, I knew i HAD to see anything she was in...Well...Nick Cearley is her best friend from when they did TheatreWorks together, and he has a FIERCE show at the Duplex called "THE MOST OVERDONE SONGS EVER: A NOT SO NEW REVUE" ...Lauren was his guest, with her cello and everything! The show was so good that I'm posting this because the word needs to get out! Seriously people, if you are a musical theater lover and freak (like me) then you need to get your happy asses to this show! Nick's voice is soaring, complete with high B's, and riffing!Also, Lauren does this arrangement of On My Own that blew me away. Seriously, i cried! She sings it, and plays it on her cello at the same time!I don't know where you beautiful people will be on Sunday, MARCH 5 at 7:00 pm, but my ass will be enjoying this dynamic duo once again at the DUPLEX. I heart Lauren and Nick!

Chrysanthemum62001
#1re: Lauren Molina and Nick Cearley in Most Overdone Songs!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 9:48pm

Actually, my ass will probably be at the Duplex as well!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#2re: Lauren Molina and Nick Cearley in Most Overdone Songs!
Posted: 2/8/06 at 10:08pm

So, do they take "overdone" songs and give them a new twist? That sounds like a really clever idea.

Iamyour#1fan
#3re: Lauren Molina and Nick Cearley in Most Overdone Songs!
Posted: 2/9/06 at 12:06pm

That is exactly what they do! It is a very clever evening of original spin on familiar material. Some of my highlights are the jazz verzion of "Everything's Commin' Up Roses" Cearley's "On the Street Where you Live" in creepy stalker style. (Stop looking in my window!!!) Molina's heartbreaking "On My Own" sung with only her cello for company. (She plays the hell out of that thing!). Finally, Nick's tour de force medly of overdone 16 bar audition choices strung together in a clever patchwork that is so uniquely his style. You will recognize at least one of these pieces from your own audition rep. This is such a gem of a cabaret show that deserves a wide audience I am glad to see it getting a second run. Hat's off!

cookie2 Profile Photo
cookie2
#4re: Lauren Molina and Nick Cearley in Most Overdone Songs!
Posted: 2/9/06 at 1:55pm

I'm glad to see people are going out to see this show. It's great fun. I saw it 3 times back in March of '05 at it's first go 'round at the Duplex. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this time, to see the lovely Lauren Molina, but I highly reccommend anything Nick Cearly does!!!

I even started a thread about this waaaay back when and nobody responded. It was on the O/T board, and my name was Ken Adams at the time. I honestly don't remember when, how or why my name got changed!

eta:
original post - Nick Cearly Cabaret! So Fun! Updated On: 2/9/06 at 01:55 PM

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#5re: Lauren Molina and Nick Cearley in Most Overdone Songs!
Posted: 2/9/06 at 2:00pm

Aaaah!! Why did it have to be March 5?! The ONE day I can't make it!!! re: Lauren Molina and Nick Cearley in Most Overdone Songs!

Iamyour#1fan
#6re: Lauren Molina and Nick Cearley in Most Overdone Songs!
Posted: 2/9/06 at 2:18pm

I believe it is actually playing the first Sunday of every month. so, the next one chica would be april 2 i think...

Isabella2
#7re: Lauren Molina and Nick Cearley in Most Overdone Songs!
Posted: 2/9/06 at 2:29pm

march 5th is my birthday... and i'm doing two shows...

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#8re: Lauren Molina and Nick Cearley in Most Overdone Songs!
Posted: 2/9/06 at 2:32pm

Oh, good! Cause I can't go on March 5, and I'd LOVE to see this show.

Videos