News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for cookie2

cookie2 Profile Photo
Member Name: cookie2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Lauren Molina and Nick Cearley in Most Overdone Songs!
 Feb 9 2006, 01:55:22 PM
I'm glad to see people are going out to see this show. It's great fun. I saw it 3 times back in March of '05 at it's first go 'round at the Duplex. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this time, to see the lovely Lauren Molina, but I highly reccommend anything Nick Cearly does!!!

I even started a thread about this waaaay back when and nobody responded. It was on the O/T board, and my name was Ken Adams at the time. I honestly don't remember when, how or why my name got changed!

re: Screw the theater....
 Jan 23 2006, 03:41:58 PM
ChanceWayne, FYI...there's more to the theatre world than just Broadway. Just saying...you don't have to spend $250+ to see quality material. You may not see too many famous faces or hear songs you already know, but there is a lot of valuable theatre to see in NY.
re: worst musical
 Jan 17 2006, 01:38:10 PM
Terry Schiavo - The Musical!

re: Anyone seen Liza lately?
 Jan 16 2006, 03:19:34 PM
Thanks, that's really helpful info. I live about 10 minutes from the theater, so if my mother doesn't want to wait with me, I can probably take her home and get back in time.

What was the age mix of the people who waited? I'm just curious.

Jan 16 2006, 02:59:18 PM
good to know, muscle. I wasn't really planning on taking a camera anyway. I was more interested in possibly meeting her and maybe getting something signed. Did you wait for a long time, and were there a lot of others waiting as well??
 Jan 16 2006, 02:11:34 PM
I'm going to see her Friday night in Melbourne. So excited!!!

muscle23ftl, how did you meet her...did you just wait at the stage door? how long did you wait? I'm still going back and forth about whether or not to try. I would love to meet her, and possibly ask her to sign the cover of the record album for the Cabaret film soundtrack. I like to frame records. Any opinions?

re: 70's tv series on broadway?
 Jan 16 2006, 02:00:30 PM
When do you find out what it is??

I'd be curious to know if my guess of "Funny Face" was on track!

re: 70's tv series on broadway?
 Jan 16 2006, 11:56:17 AM
FUNNY FACE

tv show in the 70's - CBS (30 mins)
starring Sandy Duncan
Role: Sandy Stockton
Premiered September 18, 1971
Show Category: Comedy

AND A Broadway Musical. (Music: George Gershwin; Book: Fred Thompson, Paul Gerard Smith; Lyrics: Ira Gershwin)

Jan 12 2006, 11:45:52 AM
I cannot wait...seeing her on the 20th in Melbourne, FL!!! Let us know how the Clearwater show is!!
re: A bit strange, but still entertaining.
 Dec 20 2005, 09:03:35 AM
i'm at work, where i answer the phone and look at the clock...

Telephone Hour - Bye Bye Birdie

re: Broadway Celebrity Sightings
 Dec 12 2005, 09:18:36 AM
on ONE night on 46th street, waiting for some friends, I saw:

Jackie Mason, Henry Winkler and Maura Tierney all walk by, then as I was walking from 46th to Circle in the square, I saw Lauren Graham waiting to get into Avenue Q. On my way back after seeing Spelling Bee, to meet w/ same friends, I literally ran into Henry Winkler, saw Maura Tierney and friend headed back in the other way, and then, while standing again on 46th, I saw Claire Danes head towards the Pillowman stage door, no

re: Your favorite Christmas cds
 Nov 30 2005, 09:03:00 AM
Harry Connick Jr's "When My Heart Finds Christmas"

and at least once a year, for old time's sake I must pop in a classic - The New Kids On The Block - Merry Merry Christmas, with the unforgetable song "Funky, Funky Christmas".

Extremist Christian Analysis of American Culture on RENT
 Nov 29 2005, 11:57:40 AM
It surprises me that while he takes a whole paragraph to warn parents that Freddie Mercury was a homosexual, because Chicken Little sings "We Are The Champions", he makes no mention in his Finding Nemo review that Ellen Degeneres, one of the MAIN voices in the movie is a homosexual.

Just an observation.

Nov 29 2005, 11:25:45 AM
This is the whole of the summary analysis of The Birdcage...
(remember this is the ENTIRE text on the film)

"I could not justify spending the time and effort necessary to do a complete analysis of The Birdcage. After 25 minutes of the show I had one and a half recording logs of homosexual suggestions and activities. There were other examples of unacceptable material, but none so thick as homosexuality. I apologize if you were expecting to see a complete review of The Birdcage, b

Nov 29 2005, 10:03:31 AM
they even found some sin in "Chicken Little"

"The song "We Are the Champions [of the world]", sung and written by the musical genius and unsurpassed vocal talents of Freddie Mercury of "Queen", is sung boldly by Chicken Little. But there is something deeper that I feel must be revealed to parents and grandparents. Freddie Mercury, who died of AIDS in 1991, was an avowed homosexual practitioner. The song phrase "we are the champions of the world" and the rest of the quite powerful and

Nov 29 2005, 09:18:57 AM
I think it's interesting with all the mentions of "sexual immorality" they never once list the fact that Benny, the heterosexual male is having an extra-marital affair with Mimi. Yet they call out Maureen's flirting with the bartender/waitress at the party as "cheating".

Rent Attendance Anecdotes
 Nov 28 2005, 08:57:40 AM
I am in small town, Central Florida. It's a pretty conservative town, a lot of "red state" mentality. I wanted to rush out and see the film on Wednesday evening, but I waited, because a friend of mine was coming down from NY and we were gonna see it together. Long story short, he never made it, so last night (Sunday the 27th) I went to the 7:30 showing by myself. I would say there were about (i've never been good at estimating numbers) 35-40 people there. This is actually not too bad considerin
re: saddest part in the show (westend and broadway)
 Nov 17 2005, 02:27:12 PM
The Diary of Anne Frank - the moment you know they've been caught.

The Laramie Project - Mr. Shepard (Matthew's Father) giving his speech in court. The doctor announcing to the press that Matthew has passed away and reading the statement from the family. When he says to the press "go home and hug your kids" it just ruins me.

re: 'Designing Women' on Broadway?
 Nov 17 2005, 02:16:59 PM
FOAnatic, sadly, A Golden Girls show with the original cast could never be as Estelle Getty's (sophia) health has deteriorated so with alzheimer's. In a recent interview with Rue McClanahan, she said that Estelle no longer even remembers that the Golden Girls ever existed. So heartbreaking.

Oh, and GarlandGrrrl, yes Jean Smart is fantastic. I saw her this summer in Lady Windmere's Fan at Williamstown. She was brilliant.

re: The Fading Effectiveness of RENT
 Nov 15 2005, 11:01:37 AM
this thread has been so interesting to read, for me. I've kind of had the opposite experience with RENT. When the show was in it's first year and the height of the RENT-head hysteria, I was in college in Boston. People around me were OBSESSED. I knew people who had gone to NY every weekend, and by Christmas time had seen the show over 15 times already. Walking down the halls, I heard the OBC streaming from every dorm room. I was sick of RENT and i'd never seen it. I started to feel that if I
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You