pixeltracker

Best Cirque du Soliel Show?- Page 5

Best Cirque du Soliel Show?

FindingNamo
#100re: Best Cirque du Soliel Show?
Posted: 6/14/12 at 10:54pm

The dreaded Diane Paulus directed the new show in Montreal. Yecccch.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#101re: Best Cirque du Soliel Show?
Posted: 6/14/12 at 11:04pm

Ugh, what a bizarre (and unfortunate) choice...

bwaylvsong
#102re: Best Cirque du Soliel Show?
Posted: 6/14/12 at 11:06pm

"O" is incredible!
"KA" was literally the worst thing I've ever seen. It managed to be both infuriating and boring. The acrobatics weren't all that impressive, the visuals weren't attractive, the "plot" was hard to follow, the theatre was hotter than hell, and the audience interaction (aka performers startling audience members) was annoying. Out of my party of 12, only one person liked it. I was actually actively trying to fall asleep but couldn't since it was so hot and loud.

bwaylvsong
#103re: Best Cirque du Soliel Show?
Posted: 6/14/12 at 11:06pm

"O" is incredible!
"KA" was literally the worst thing I've ever seen. It managed to be both infuriating and boring. The acrobatics weren't all that impressive, the visuals weren't attractive, the "plot" was hard to follow, the theatre was hotter than hell, and the audience interaction (aka performers startling audience members) was annoying. Out of my party of 12, only one person liked it. I was actually actively trying to fall asleep but couldn't since it was so hot and loud.

supersam1026 Profile Photo
supersam1026
#104re: Best Cirque du Soliel Show?
Posted: 6/14/12 at 11:08pm

Has anyone seen "Iris" in LA? Going to LA in December, have actually never seen a Cirque show, and I like the idea of the movie premise! Any opinions on it?

broadway guy
#105re: Best Cirque du Soliel Show?
Posted: 6/14/12 at 11:35pm

Iris is a newer show and in my opinion very well done.It takes you on a journey into the world of cinema. Its more of a traditional cirque show so i think you will like it. the trampoline on building act is so amazing.

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#106re: Best Cirque du Soliel Show?
Posted: 6/15/12 at 7:32am

You can't compare the touring shows to those that are performed under the big top.

broadway guy
#107re: Best Cirque du Soliel Show?
Posted: 6/15/12 at 12:58pm

depends on taste

if you want jaw dropping.Huge budget.Huge stage "cant believe what your watching" than you would want to see:

mystere
O ( water show)
Ka
Zarkana
Alegria
Iris

If you want to see a equally amzing but smaller show,but also a very cute show than see:

corteo
Verekai
Alamuna
Ovo
Totem
La Nouba
Kooza
Wintuk

If your looking for an adult sex show than see:
zumanity

If you like the more DANCE/concert side of cirque than see:

viva elvis
Michael Jackson Immortal
Criss angel
Love

Or if you want to see the earlier cirque shows (90's) that put cirque on the map,than see :

quidam
dralion

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#108re: Best Cirque du Soliel Show?
Posted: 6/15/12 at 1:31pm

If you are ever in Los Angles, RUN to see Iris. The Danny Elfman score is hauntingly beautiful and the visuals are amazing. I found it to be perfect, much more so then the countless Vegas ones I saw. In fact, I am seeing it a 2nd time this weekend. I haven't seen it since it first opened and I am very excited to revisit it.

O gives you a great experience too.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999