Question About Tours In General

pauseforamoment99 Profile Photo
pauseforamoment99
#0Question About Tours In General
Posted: 2/24/06 at 4:48pm

I was just thinking, How does Tour Promotion work? I was just watching a commercial about an upcoming show that is coming to where I live, and it is well in advance, so I was wondering if the touring company gives the theater a videotape of parts of the performance, for them to customize to that particular performance location and air it on television.
Sorry for such a confusing question, and if its been recently discussed.

MrMarkCharlieBrownCohen Profile Photo
MrMarkCharlieBrownCohen
#1re: Question About Tours In General
Posted: 2/24/06 at 5:53pm

Most touring companies have promotion/marketing/advertising agency's that deal with this sort of thing. Long before the tours get to any given location, they send out what is called "BRoll" - which is a tape of clips from the show. This is mainly used for special TV appearances within the market the show will play. Say a star appeares on a local morning talk show, they will show clips along with the interview to give examples of the show.
Also included on these tapes are TV Spots that have the commercials that you see only where you see specific city information (theatre, dates, times, etc) it's left blank and the TV station, etc can include their own voice overs and onscreen verbage (phone numbers, ticket master logo, etc).

Sometimes it's the Theatres job to distribute the tapes, and sometimes it's the promotion/ad agency's job to distribute the tapes - it all depends on what sort of a deal the show has worked out with each city.

This is probably more than you wanted to know and hopefully not too confusing. :)
Updated On: 2/24/06 at 05:53 PM

pauseforamoment99 Profile Photo
pauseforamoment99
#2re: Question About Tours In General
Posted: 2/24/06 at 6:23pm

Thank You very Much! :)

Videos