Miss Saigon...

eatlasagna
#75re: Miss Saigon...
Posted: 3/11/06 at 9:28pm

oh duh... ha... i was reading your past posts and you ssaid you saw it... you know... i saw Jen Paz for the first time in 1995... amazing that she was still doing it 10 years later...

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#76re: Miss Saigon...
Posted: 3/12/06 at 2:20am

It is the current tour in the UK, which I'm seeing in a couple of weeks

It's actually an earlier cast, though -- Ramin Karimloo (Chris) isn't the Chris in the trailer.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Emilia Profile Photo
Emilia
#77re: Miss Saigon...
Posted: 3/12/06 at 4:52am

Re: current UK tour-Ramin Karimloo is A-mazing. (and I might add not bad to look at lol!)

The engineer (sorry don't have my programme to check his name) is very good, with a great comic skill too.

'It was six hours! I don't even like to have sex or eat bacon for six hours!' 'You are faboulous creatures each and every one'

jsg03jd Profile Photo
jsg03jd
#78re: Miss Saigon...
Posted: 3/20/06 at 5:40pm

Trivia question for all MISS SAIGON fans: please correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't Lea Salonga the ONLY Kim who performed all versions of the show? She opened in London (1989-1990) and NYC (1991, reprising in 1999 and closing in 2001) and Manila (2000).

More specifically, because the ending music of the show changed several times (as well as other lines here and there throughout the show) isn't Salonga the only actress who sang THE SACRED BIRD (heard in the OLC), LITTLE GOD OF MY HEART (the revised ending before the first anniversary of the London production and the one used when the show opened in 1991 in NYC), and FINALE (which came into being circa 1994 and is heard in the CSR)?

Or can some other actress claim that distinction?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#79re: Miss Saigon...
Posted: 3/20/06 at 5:48pm

I'm pretty sure she's the only one. There haven't been any other Kims who've played the role in that many places and for that long.

I don't think Monique Wilson was in the show long enough to do the "This is the Hour" reprise.

Jennifer Paz was on tour when they changed the finale (I think) from "Little God of My Heart" to "This is the Hour," but she still didn't play the role early enough to have performed the "I'd Give My Life for You" reprise.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

jsg03jd Profile Photo
jsg03jd
#80re: Miss Saigon...
Posted: 3/20/06 at 5:51pm

Thanks, that's what I thought.

Monique Wilson stayed with the London cast for 3 years after the show opened, so I don't think there was any way for her to have sung the THIS IS THE HOUR reprise.