pixeltracker

Calling all Rasta Thomas Fans in NYC!

Calling all Rasta Thomas Fans in NYC!

mint0621 Profile Photo
mint0621
#0Calling all Rasta Thomas Fans in NYC!
Posted: 4/26/06 at 10:14pm

Rasta Thomas will be performing in NYC at The Kitchen (www.thekitchen.org) April 27-29 & May 2-6. He will be dancing a role originally made for the infamous Mikhail Baryshnikov.

I already have my ticket!

Here's the info:

April 27-29 (Thu-Sat) and May 2-6 (Tue-Sat)
8pm

Tickets $20
Presented with Baryshnikov Dance Foundation and MoveOpolis!

In this New York-premiere, choreographer and director Richard Move brings to the stage a contemporary vision of the ancient Greek legend of Achilles. Move takes a wild spin on the story’s themes of war, love, glory, and fate, with a radical meld of dance forms, text, glamour, and reality television show antics.

Originally commissioned by Baryshnikov Dance Foundation for the White Oak Dance Project, The Show features Deborah Harry (Blondie), performing live songs as the Goddess Athena, and Rasta Thomas, most recently the lead in Broadway’s Movin’ Out, as Achilles, the role originally performed by Mikhail Baryshnikov. They will be joined by performers Miguel Anaya, Catherine Cabeen, Katherine Crockett, Roger C. Jeffrey, Blakeley White-McGuire, Kevin Scarpin, and Heather Waldon. The Show has an original score by Arto Lindsay, set design by visual artist Nicole Eisenman, lighting design by Les Dickert, and costumes by Pilar Limosner.

For more info, search a bit on www.thekitchen.org

Wavetree Profile Photo
Wavetree
#1re: Calling all Rasta Thomas Fans in NYC!
Posted: 4/26/06 at 11:55pm

This continues my weeklong lament over not living in NY. Rasta Thomas was absolutely fantastic in Movin' Out. Go see him if you can!

Videos